Does anyone else hate being called beautiful by strangers?

I've a Badoo account and most of the guys who start up a message start off with saying, "Hi/hello beautiful," and for some reason I find it irksome.
I see the meaning of the word beautiful as in finding or being astonished by someone down to the core, like everything from their physical/mental/emotional flaws. When close friends and or male best friend calls me that, that's when I take it as a compliment.
I don't know how to explain it... I just hate that word being thrown around aimlessly.
Anyone else like this or am I just getting worked up over nothing? ๐Ÿ˜‚

11d Beauty isn't all about appearance to the dumb fucks who aren't even bothering to read what I'm saying. Beauty meant to describe someone as a WHOLE, not just appearance. If you want to compliment someone on appearance, use pretty, cute, gorgeous. Beautiful doesn't have the same meaning as that.

What Guys Said 37

• What are you ok being called? or maybe nothing til you know someone.

I get that now, I didn't before. When a guy is attracted, it is often visual and he sees beauty. obviously he doesn't know you to say you are a beautiful person all around. I learned not to use that word the hard way. Its all about learning to communicate to reach that person, and everyone is different. What offends one person may please another... although in general, I don't think girls like to hear that word as much as guys think they do.

• I can understand what you mean, a compliment without substance is meaningless. Also, compliments as well as insults are only as important as the source.

I think the idea is that you are supposed to be flattered and then you will be more receptive to their approach. I somewhat subscribe to the idea that you shouldn't be throwing around words like beautiful when nobody has sought your opinion in the first place. If a girl is beautiful then there is every chance that she has had that feedback a million times before. Far better to just approach with something to actually say instead of generic compliments based on little to no information.

• I have no idea what Badoo is. I will look it up, when I get the time.
    Being called beautiful is mostly a compliment to women and sometimes even men.
    The meaning sometimes means more to others and for some people it can have a more casual meaning describing someone that is easy on the eyes. I myself am in that same boat as yourself and don't needlessly say it to everyone I think is good looking. Unless it's an object, like a flower or a cloud that looks like a swirl of fluffy cotton candy.
    I also think some people get worked up on the word, because they themselves don't feel beautiful enough to be told that word, which is sad, because we all as people are very uniquely beautiful in our own way of looks and thoughts.

• 11d

If I could already close this conversation and choose your opinion as the most helpful one, I'd so do it. Thank you so much.

• 11d

wow, thank you.
      You are very welcome.

• I think you are overreacting just a bit.
    These dudes are just being creepy corn balls and using the oldest line in the book.

People mis use words all the time and apply different meaning to them.

Your definition of beautiful isn't an absolute one either. And you can't expect everyone to have the same interpretation of it.

Would it still irk you if they said "hi pretty lady" lol

• Lets be honest the internet is full of werdios just make sure your personal details aren't readily available.

• "hello, nice cranial structure you got there, you remind me of an ancient greek tale of Amazonian women, they wore trousers, they smoked pot, covered their skin with tattoos, rode horses, and fought as hard as the guys, how's you doing today?"

Sounds more appealing right?

• 11d

Y'all being extra 🙄 Just a normal how's it going is fine. I'm not asking for anything spectacular. Who comes up to someone just saying "hi besutiful" in public. You just say "hey how's it going"

• Thank you. I was wondering why I was having such little success in my approach. I'll go with, 'how's it hanging, hob-goblin', next time...

• 11d

Love it 👏🏻

• 11d

Anyway, I disagree with you, I think someone's physiognomy tells you an awful lot about that person. While for sure, many guys probably mean they just want to have relations with you; I think one certainly can deduce that someone is beautiful from photos, and indeed, their words!

• i can see why you dont like it but it really is just a go to way of breaking the ice for those without imagination

• I don't hate it unless they're being weird or forward about it.

• I once called a woman beautiful whilst walking on college campus and she gave me a dirty look then she turned her head whilst walking.

I don't understand why they don't like it. I've never been called beautiful/handsome in my life by a woman.

• 10d

No kidding, would be crazy for a woman to say that to me. Id be lke DAMN my whole week just got better. But judging by the downvotes coming from the girls side, its totally not ok to think this

• 10d

And yes the downvotes are coming from the Asker lol

• 10d

@JesseBrooks Women don't realize how privileged they really are...

• The only time I call a male friend "you beautiful man!" is when they are being particularly helpful and resourceful and I want to respond in a jovial manner.

When men (including me) say "Hello (there) (, you) beautiful (creature/person)", they are telling you they like what they see and they hope you will be flattered. They/I sure as hell like being complimented on physical appearance/attributes. It's a shame that women see it as leering.

• Different people interpret different words... differently.

Beautiful is merely physical to a lot of people. Attractive is what i'd use to describe someone as a whole. You seem to be getting worked up over nothing.

• It must be difficult from a womens pov, always hit on by guys who make you feel like sex objects etc. On the other hand, I most definitely wouldn't mind getting attention like that once in awhile. Doesn't work like that though. You definitely seem to be a tad hostile towards it, but I wouldn't take it as personal as you do. At least you get attention, albeit somewhat unwanted.

• Yes totally. Omg, sooo annoying...😑

• Never was called that. So I wouldn't care if they did.

• I wasn't ever called beautiful

• ฤฑt s not problem

• I don't know, no one does that

• I wish i was called handsome by random women. Some of us guys appreciate a compliment. Gives us a nice moral boost.

• 10d

And for that you get my vote. Asker does not like it when you express the situation from a mans PoV. We are dumbfucks I guess, reading her post edit

• 5d

@JesseBrooks Yeah, what's wrong with people today. Can't even give out compliments unless there's a huge story behind it? Geez, it's just a nice thing to do.. Even a hey nice smile, nice shirt, a simple compliment can go a long way, can make it a great day too.

• How does the word "whore" sounds like?

• 11d

Not sure what being called that does but okay

• 8d

@castratedwhiteguy Castrated guy, your testosterone deficiency is causing glitches, She is not sure "What being called that does", I mean She must be extremely religious to not know the meaning of whore in 21st century, where are whores are common.

• 7d

I noticed that...

• That's exactly why I never complement or hit on strange women. I'm not a creep and I'll be damned if I'll give some self righteous women the ammunition she needs to label me as such. Why bother being nice to strangers?

• I know I am so I don't mind

• Next time, I hope they call you a crusty hoe 👍

• its happened once... in cuba, by cuban ladies who wanted to smash without whoooing me lol

i declined.

people uusually say i m cute or good looking not beatiful thats weird lol

• I mean, I wouldn't mind it lol

• I love having a big nose, it keeps people at bay.

• No. it's great!

• #hotgirlproblems

Waaah waaah.

• Check your privilege OP

• 11d

Privilege?

• 11d

now you're trying to educate us like we're stupid. WOw privileged and condescending. I am very offended right now OP

• What's badoo?

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 16

• I think you're worked up over nothing. For most people, beauty is a reference to appealing physical aesthetics. It doesn't offend me, but it doesn't overly flatter me either. It's sweet, I appreciate it even still.

• Same specially if they say it just too get ur number. Like if u will fall for those words, and like if he is the only guy u heard those words from. Yea it bothers me too, and more if they are pushy. "Well I want to talk to you more because you are beautiful, pretty"

• Going to be honest those sorts of guys even call me beautiful, chances are they just say it to everyone. No biggie just ignore them and find someone who don't call you that.. beautiful should only be reserved for us when get to know person and it's only us they are saying it to

• I think you're getting worked up over nothing. Or maybe you aren't worked up at all and just wanted to tell the world that everyone thinks you're beautiful.

• in a way yes, like its just a standard thing they say to act charming like, you only really feel beautiful when someone truly means ur faults and everything but when its just "sup beautiful" its just a word

but also in a way no, it's still better then "whaddup cum dump" or "hey, nice tits/ass"

• Wish someone would call me beautiful. But I can see where you're coming from. However we shouldn't place such high meaning onto some words, just ends up with you being disappointed.

• I like it as long as is respectful. No one hates compliments :)

• ฤฑ dont care it

• Because its like why you don't even know me enough, or what do you want type feel, especially coming off the internet.

• It's sometimes obnoxious online where guys will call any 1/10 girl a 10/10 just to get in their cyber pants. In real life "respectful" catcalling is nice. I've never given a death glare at a stranger for giving me a genuine, respectful compliment.

• I like calling guys beautiful. I don't mean it badly. I just think they deserve to know.

• 11d

You sound like a good friend to have :)

• 10d

Absolutely, I can completely understand why women hate 'catcalls' but it HAS gotten to the point where even a genuine compliment is perceived as insulting. A few days ago I gave a girl a compliment about a funny Tshirt she had on, and she looked as if she might've screamed rape. I was like WHOA WTF? Age of paranoia at its finest. I don't know, Just my experience

• 9d

BeautifulPromisesx - I've been called both beautiful and sexy by several women. We like to hear that from women, even if there's nothing sexual going on. It's a rare and uplifting confidence booster for us. You seem like a compassionate person, based on what you've said here...

• I hate it too. You don't know me and have no right to use terms of endearment with me. It is a sleazy pick up line they say to everyone. No way does it make you feel special.

• 9d

Maybe he really is hoping you'll be special? But given your attitude, he'll probably be disappointed. Nevertheless, at 43 years old, you'd better hope that some guy tells you that you're beautiful and that he really means it...

• 8d

@castratedwhiteguy

Clearly you are one of the guys who uses this line on women. I have a great attitude and at 43 I am in my prime. I still look great and am financially secure. I have my own home and buy my cars outright. Life is good. I do not need a stranger to tell me I am beautiful or sexy. I already know it. Love your handle... sounds like some woman chopped your balls off and you are bitter.

• 8d

sunshinechyk - If you had taken the time to read another comment that I made on this thread you'd have noticed that I clearly state that I never complement, hit on or cat call strange women simply because I know that bitchy women like yourself will be offended by it. Maybe you should read my profile for further clarification about my username? by the way, I looked at your profile and, as far as I can tell, you're either divorced or never married. So sad to never have been loved! Personally, I'm widowed from a very loving and caring women, so you'd think think that I'd want to remarry. Not so! It's been knowing to many bitchy power women like you over the years that has made me decide to go MGTOW. Getting serious with a woman like you would be my worst nightmare. Enjoy your money, and may the chains of misandry rest lightly upon you...

• That's what trolls love to say

• I am flattered I appreciate a nice respectful compliment I like when they use the word beautiful.

• If you chat on badoo, don't expect more. Lots of men in that site are into sex. so...

• It's badoo... What did you expect.
    Well, at least those are better than some messages you could have gotten.

• 11d

You're right. I've never done anything like that before and I blantly put up I was looking for friends so I thought that would've helped, but yeah. It could be worse

• 11d

*never done a social kind of thing like that before

• 11d

They don't care. You could put that you've been happily married for 30 years, and they still will. Badoo is crazy lol.