Should I put my pride aside?

my boyfriend and I have been together for a couple of months now. we have had a lot of trust in each other, we don't keep secrets, communicate openly of our feelings.. but this past month we've been fighting over every little thing. he got mad because every friend is always "probably more than a friend" or if a man says hi to me, he's automatically hitting on me; even though I constantly reassure him that he's the ONLY man I love & that I only have eyes for him. I started getting upset because he's spending less and less time with me. when I was in college he would text me while he was at work, talk to me all day then spend time together afterward. now that I started my externship, he doesn't text me often, calls me about once a day & he spends a lot of time with his guy friends. I've never doubted of his fidelity, but I felt like he shouldn't have gotten me so accustomed to spending so much time with him & cut me off so quick. I do everything I possibly can to please him when he expresses to me there's something that he doesn't like. I've stopped talking to A LOT of friends because I don't want to cause any problems.. Don't get me wrong, he's made his share of compromising as well. but this week he got mad because a friend of ours -i met him first, before my man and I ever even met- started texting me again. my friend & I were very close but he stopped texting me when my boyfriend & I started getting serious, I'd only say hi and see him at our hang out place, mainly out of respect; but when he saw how upset I'd get because of how our relationship has been going, he started texting again. I told him that our friend has always respected me, we text only on friendly terms, & he shows a large amount of respect to my man as well. he is the only person I text, & has been the listening ears to my problems since my boyfriend hardly has time for me anymore. but he made me choose again, for the fifth time, "your friends or me". I know for a fact he texts two of his "girl" friends, but I have never made him choose between his friends & me because I know he loves me and would never make a move on them. but I'm tired of the games, the expectations and of this whole "break up to make up" situation. I love him with all my heart, but I said goodbye. now I'm heartbroken. my friends say he's feeling the same.. but should I once again push my pride aside & stop talking to a good friend because of my man? or should I put my foot down and hold on to my pride?

Most Helpful Guy

• well this is kinda messy situation, to be honest yall need to take a break, if yall can't trust each other then you shouldn't be together, I've been in your situation three times where my girl would get jealous if I even mentioned another girl but they would literally flirt with other guys or hang out with them one on one and personally it got old, relationships shouldn't be that hard. so my answer is put your foot down, he is your friend and your man needs to stop being jealous and if he can't then yall probably shouldn't get back together, and that's always a hard decision to make, this one girl who I met was my match in every way imaginable, she understood me, we had so much in common, and I just pretty much loved her but we had religious differences, so sometimes in life we have to make the difficult decision of coming to the conclusion that although to people may love each other, they might not be meant to be together

What Guys Said 2

• It happens in most relationships,TrĂ½ 2 knw what will literally make him so happy again with u,talk with him,tell him you really you both 2 geat with each other d way you were and knw what he really thinks...

• Personally I don't want you to talk your friends, if your man mind it, you should stop talking to you friends, if you love your man, otherwise it will be caused of break up, they are just friend, they are not as important as your man.

What Girls Said 1

• He is starting to get very controlling with you, it's natural to get jealous in relationships but clearly he doesn't have any actual trust for you in the relationship, you need to ask him how is it fair that he gets to hang around with his guy mates all the time yet you have to lose all your friends and stay bored at home for him?, the only reason people do this is because they don't trust you and they think your going to cheat on them if they let you hang with other people, you need to speak to him about his controlling behavior, I see this far too often with couples these days because I know how much people cheat and have lost so much faith and trust in each other but there is just no need to do this to you when you would never cheat on him, you want to make this work but he is obviously feeling like he can't trust you for some reason, you need to ask him if people are saying things about you too to make him distrust you, usually that is the case these days so don't leave anything out and ask him, this is not the way to keep you in his life.