When is too soon to hang out with another guy after break up?

i just recently got out of a relationship. my old guy friends and I have been talking but they are just my friends. when my ex asks me if I talk to guys, I don't lie to him about it I tell him the truth. well my old guy friend wants to hang out friday, and I'm kind of skeptic to do so because my ex said that if I hung out with another guy then he would track the guy down and find him which would end up being pretty ugly. so this guy friend is just my friend, but is it too soon to even hang out with other guys?

i am so going out and doing whatever I want to do. he treated me like CRAP and I just don't care. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• First, none of your ex's business who you're with. That's what makes him an ex. Tell him that.

Second, never too soon to move on.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it depends on how serious it was , there's nothing wrong with going out and doing things with old friends you haven't got to do in awhile but I would say stay away from drunken parties & that's stuff like drunk hook-ups and keep your head clear , and be weary of these 'guy friends' no matter how long you known them, they always lurk on the outside of a relationship waiting for a break up if you know what I'm getting at but not all friends of the opposite sex are like that ^^^

• This is exactly what my ex said. I want things to end on good terms. things between us were rather serious. we were living together for at least half a year and we have been together for almost that long. I don't want to lie to him because he hates lying. we could never be friends if he knew that I lied, and he swears he can read me like a book. my old guy friend wants to hang out, and he offered to pay because I told him I didn't have money. I don't know if I feel comfortable with that.

• That's retarded! It's over, tell him to move on.

• 2 weeks

• 4 weeks

What Girls Said 2

• You owe your ex not a freakin' thing. If you're over, then he has no say in what you do and shouldn't make such comments. Obviously, he's not over it.

Anyway, go hang out and have fun. You have to start small either way, and it is a great way to get out and have some fun while also getting yourself ready to go back into dating. Hanging out with guys always prepares you for that, though, I guess. But hang out, have a fun time, and remember you are allowed to have whomever you want as your friends.

• Hang out with your other friends but do it secretly and LIE to your ex. You don't owe him an explanation, you know what he's going to do.