Why doesn't she text me first anymore?

I knew this girl for a while, we were really tight before and I'm pretty sure she liked me. She used to not go more then like a few days without texting me or seeing me and I used to do the same. Now things are crap. Its always me that has to do the texting first now and she's so confusing because she acts all friendly and excited when I text her and says all these things to make me feel like she's still into me but I'm about to give up. The past two weeks I waited for her to at least text or check up on me and she didn't so I couldn't take it and just texted her each time at least once a week. Now I'm feeling like she wants me to go away so I'm waiting for her to text me and its been like another week and she doesn't seem like she will. Why did she change like this? We don't even hang out as often anymore. But when we do she's all sweet and like I said when I text her she's all cute and sweet and seems to miss me..is this her nice way of telling me to go away? Its been like a week and I really want to talk to her but I don't want to chase after someone that doesn't want me anymore ): I want her to show me she still cares but she isn't and every time I try to cut her off to see if she'll notice I fail and quickly text her and check up on her...am I just a friend now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think she's not into. I atcually believe she is. I do this too. When I first start liking a guy I text him more often buy as I start to like him more and more I start to get more nervous because I don't wanna mess it up so I usually tend to avoid texting him altogether because I would rather him just text me. Even if I'm obsessed with a guy I will not text him till he texts me once I start to like him more. She probley asks all sweet because she wants you to know she's interested and she wants you to take the lead and for her to meet you halfway same reason why she does it in person she wants you to take the hints.That's probley why she says things like I feel bad that we haven't hung out for awhile because she wants you to make the plans she's just giving you a hint. Start taking them! She could also be tired of waiting. Becuz she probley thinks if you were gonna take the next step in whatever you guys have you would have done it already and she probley just doesn't wanna waste her time on someone who doesn't like her back. I know a lot of girls including me who think this way. Why don't you try asking her out on a official date? Then you'll know for sure. Or ask her to hangout make sure you plan a date and then tell her how you feel. If she says she likes you back or accepts the date I was right and if not then at least you know. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• I know I have a rule that I never text or call a guy first...that's how I know he is interested...because I've met too many guys who were faking it, maybe she's doing that. My advice just tell her how you feel. I think if more guys owned up to their real feelings, girls wouldn't be so fearful of getting hurt because we've been lied to so many times.

• Ya I've thought of that and I'd like to believe it and I hope so but I just don't think thts the case. She always used to text me first, she never really followed tht rule. and I've alrdy been the one doing all the texting for the past few weeks...im leaning towards just teling her how I feel but I jst dono since last thing I wana do is be all intimate and get rejected..tho I guess thts the only solution

• Sigh...You're like me, but I'm female. And the girl you described is exactly like me! I'm interested in the guy. We used to text each other around once a week..He texted first or I texted first.But for some reason, we stopped texting. And I was waiting for him to text me but he didn't. I waited a whole month. I was really upset and thought we weren't even friends anymore. But one day, my mood became so brigt and I texted him (it's like I don't have feelings for him anymore so that I don't worry being awkward). After that time, I think we are fine. But just he still hasn't texted me first. We are not like we used to be...
    I am often so happy and sweet, too while texting him and I could wait a whole month to see if he will text me/care about me...so you decide what you could get from my case!

What Guys Said 1

• i think its pretty self explanatory. girls, unfortunately, are like that.(some of them) they are fake. they don't want to be "mean" so they play games & lead you on.

• Ya that was what I was thinking but afraid of. I just don't understand why she'd say the things she says. like how she feels bad for not seeing me for a while, or how she wants to hang out more often but then doesn't do anything about it to show she means it. If you want me to go away don't say that crap, sure don't be 'mean' but don't say stuff to give me hope. wel I need to figure out if I wana cut her off or approach her