Do you usually kiss on a first date?

I do. If I'm out with a guy in the first place I'm attracted to him physically at least.

I was talking to my sisters a little bit ago and they were in utter shock and almost disgust that I KISS a guy on a first date. I really don't think it's scandalous or a big deal.

They were like, "I really need to like a guy to kiss him." And I was thinking wtf, hypocrites. They're both sexually active and I'm not, although my one sister was with her first serious boyfriend and the other sister just had 3 f*** buddies...

So what about you?

• Yes, I do kiss on a first date
  • No, I do not kiss on a first date
Why the hell did I have 114 notifications from this question? Was it on the homepage or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• If the date's working and we're digging each other, then I'll kiss her. If I have it in my mind that this is a first *and last* date, then I'll shake hands--don't want to give the wrong impression.

What Guys Said 23

• Yep, Infact I often kiss them as soon as I meet them... Or even before we go out on an official date... Guess it depends where you're from. But here things can go pretty quickly.

• Never happened. Only because I'm afraid of getting slapped. In addition, I can't remember the last successful date I've had. In addition, I must also be aware of sexual harassment. The wrong thing said, a touch without permission and STRIKE! The snake has bitten, the poison is setting in...god help me. Therefore, I never try to steal a kiss on first date because I don't know how she will act.

Canadian sex workers don't count, I'm paying for as many kisses as I can handle and then some.

• I'd wait till the second date at least but that's just me. A second date shows they're interested enough to go out with me again and if I want to and think they do too, I'll do it.

• Maybe it added the amount of votes and answers since you last read it...

• I asked it like 2 days ago and I was just on GAG last night. I was just confused to see so many votes because it's been awhile.

• It could be why, personally I'm yet to ask a question with a poll or on the homepage... Too much effort. :P

• Weird, but thanks for answering me Jonny. :)

• No I don't because when you kiss girls they think they have you at their lap; they can do whatever they like with you and they get a big head as well. I wait until she is hooked enough with me to kiss her.

• you're stereotyping man, not all girls are like that.

in fact, I've never heard of any girl thinking that way.

• Yes it happens, just like guys do it too. Ever heard of teasers? They'll expect you to get the hint that there will be more if you stick around.

• Personally, a kiss is harmless. A small peck is nothing; It's not like you're going to jam your tongue down his throat. I thought this was the first date question of yesterday. Many times I've seen "First date sex" questions! It's kinda crazy, don't you think?

In tomorrow's world people won't care about the "kiss" as much as they do the "Will he find my G-Spot?". It's like the "Marry go round" will take place before the date and if it works out fine *then* you can go out for dinner. Girls and guys will be making dates of 2-3 per night saying to each something like: "If Henry doesn't make it, you can have a swing".

• I don't kiss on the first date I guess? I really don't even know what our first "date" would be >.> seriously, the two girls I've had a serious relationship with just kinda happened? I mean, we'd just go out and do stuff and eventually it lead to more. So I guess no. But I don't think it's that big of a deal. Not like you're kissing any and everyone and it's not like you're doing anymore. It is quite hypocritical (and amusing) that they are more likely to do other stuff, but think that's too much. Ah well. To each their own.

• LOL, holy sh*t at the 114 updates.

I do. To be honest, where I'm from, its customary to be kissing the person before you start dating.There's like a pre-dating ceremony, where your getting to know each other and flirting and stuff, and you kiss a lot, and then go out. Its unusual to have your first kiss with that person on your first date.

• If the date goes well I will try to go for a kiss. This was on the front page under Poll Questions.

• if I like the girl enough and I think she likes me, and only if I feel a second and probably third date on the way, otherwise, no, not worth it.

and I don't get pleasure from lip to lip contact unless I feel something emotionally towards the girl.

• Kissing on a first date is a must. It's always "I don't usually do this, but..." If, after a date, a girl doesn't want to kiss me I figure she doesn't like me and move on.

Doesn't mean I expect to jump her any time soon, but she should want to know what kissing me is like in order to move forward.

• that's not true. if a girl doesn't wanna kiss you on the first date it could be because she wants to take it slow .. or make you want more.

• Women tend to lose interest if a man doesn't show interest. Better to kiss than not to kiss, if you like the woman.

• I would expect that, unless it went really bad, I would get at least a good night kiss. I am not talking about a makeout session with tounge, just a nice kiss goodnight for a good night out. I don't think that is too much to ask of a woman. If you are going out with the person there must be at least some attraction so it shouldn't feel gross kissing him.

• Just like you said, your sisters are hypocrites and are judging you based off their own projections.

A kiss is not a big deal!

• i try more if I can there are no rules.

• I do, though I can't say I've been on many first dates.

• What is this Jr high, give me a break. I kiss a girl within an hour of meeting her, otherwise there obviously isn't enough chemistry and I move onto the next girl

• When I go on my first date I will let you know.

Btw...Hey Tia :)

• Unfortunately that's an ideal and not all guys are really comfortable with kissing another guy even if they do make the claim to be gay. Any who don't kiss, I never had a second date with them.

• no if she kissed me then I'm not calling her again..

• Nope, I don't even date so I guess kisses can't happen without the date lol

• Where's my I haven't been on a date I want results option? lol I picked B so ignore one vote.

• I hate hypocrisy.

• I actually had only one genuine first date so far and I ended up making out with the girl.

But this is not all that common.

If she hadn't wanted it to happen so obviously, I most certainly wouldn't have.

I am lucky person in this aspect, I guess.

What Girls Said 23

• Not usually no... Actually the more interested I am in a guy, the less physical I am at the start. Partly cause the more interested/attracted I am, the more nervous I am and I act all awkward lol and also, I'm so much more interested in getting to know him than I am in getting physical with him. But if I'm not all that interested but I think he's cute then yeah, I get physical sooner. I'm just wired that way...

Not getting physical sooner hasn't hurt me though, of the guys that I was that interested in and waited to be with, they all turned into serious relationships, and they all were well aware of the strong attraction even without us doing anything.

• Psh, I think it's silly when people put a label on exactly how long one must wait to do a certain thing in a relationship. It's all about what feels right. Sure, I'd kiss someone on the first date if I wanted to.

• well most likely I have talked to the guy for some time before I'll actually go out with him...so if we've been talking awhile then yes...because I wouldn't be going out with him if I wasn't interested.

• I guess it's different in European countries.

Here /Croatia/ we all hang out together, go out, and if two people have chemistry, we kiss...make out sometimes even and see where that leads. If we genuinely like each other we go on a date. But by then we've usually already kissed, so...

• no, I think its gross. also word of advice for guys if you don't know if the girl likes you or not don't do it. she's not going to say "i don't like you" to your face and she's not gonna be rude to show signs of it. BUT if your on a second date then most likely she likes you so id wait till date number two. I personally don't kiss until its official though.

• There should be an option for "It depends." I don't do it if it's my first time getting to really know the guy. If we've talked/chatted/written enough before the first date to the point that I feel comfortable, and the date went well, then yeah.

• That's why I said usually in the question but good point.

• But my usually is different from your usually. If I say yes it's only because I already have a deeper connection. If I say no it's because I haven't gotten to that level yet.

• It depends, I usually kiss on the first date, but if I during the date realize that I have no attraction to the guy I don't do it. I wouldn't want to lead him on if I'm not planing on continuing seeing him

• I voted yes, but there are plenty of times when I didn't want to and the guy just basically attacked me. Yeah not a lot of "first date kisses" were actually good or even ok

• which is why I don't try to steal a kiss on first date. I would NOT enjoy a face full of pepper spray, a belly full of buckshot, a kick to the groin or arrested(followed by anally raped).

• I would say that it depends on how into the guy I am. If we've been talking and getting to know each other before actually going on a date I probably would. If it was just some guy that I just met and just barely getting to know him I wouldn't.

• Well I have only been on one "real" date and by the time we met face to face he was already my boyfriend. So yea, I kissed him…and other stuff. :s

• dnt kiss on the 1st date keep him wanting more

so when you do kiss it could be more passionate

• I like it when the boy kisses me on the first date. Do I, I guess no.. I want the guy to do it lol I'm jsut like that, and I get disappointed if they dont

• depends

• i don't kiss on the first date, I think its tacky.

• Most of the time I don't. Only if it goes very well do I.

• Ive never kissed anyone but I don't see the big deal about kissing on the first date.

• Uhh no way. If we've only known each other for like a few weeks and we go out, there is no way I'd kiss on my first date. However, if we've known each other for a long time (3 months+) and we go out and I like him, I'd definitely won't mind kissing on the first date :D

• Only if he leans in and wants one lol

• generally no, but I will make an exception if I feel a real connection with someone

• If everything is going great, and he leans in I well follow. Don't wanna leave him hanging.

• yeap, I only really go on dates with people I like though :D

• No I don't USUALLY kiss on a first date (especially if that's one of the first few times I've met that guy) though I would definitely kiss if I need to or if I should. It is a CUSTOM/culture in fact, for some people within a nation to kiss when they meet as a form of courtesy. Having said that, I've definitely kissed a guy during the first date. To put things in perspective, kiss can be of many forms, depending on what type of message you wanna send out there: kiss on the cheeks, a peck on the lips, passionate kiss etc.. I kiss on the cheeks if my date has been a true gentleman and being very sincere and genuine in his actions. If I've communicated/contacted the guy for quite some time, we genuinely like one another and we are out on the first date right now, yes I would kiss him on the lips :) So I voted yes I do kiss on a first date :)

Perhaps your sisters are trying to joke with you?

• I have never had a first that's didn't end in a first kiss.