! Dumb Girls or Smart Girls?

Am I the only girl that thinks that guys always go with girls who are really dumb & wear so much make-up like there's no tomorrow?

Its never the smart plain janes that get hit on always the dummie? Like is there something wrong with smart girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• From a sex perspective, consciously and unsconciously we go for the ones who we think we can dazzle and seduce with ease. I know more often than not I find myself talking to people I think are total idiots. My conscious reason is that their un-intelligence makes me feel smarter and I'll be able to help them become a better person as well as help myself as well by fulfilling my own needs. As I examine though I think subconsciously or else very well hidden it's because I think they will be easy to get (silly considering I have no track record)

The smart ones, the ones with character I believe though are hesitated on. I know Right now I have a huge crush on this debate student in a speech class I'm in and I'm actually asking advise for exactly how I should handle the situation since this girl is my definition for the difference between love, and friendship.

Your hit on less because your not an easy target. The majority of those who will pursue you are after you for what's in your head not on your chest

• Seeing as this guy is 100% correct, he should get the best answer. Honestly, it shouldn't have been anonymous, but f*** it, at least he saved me from typing that exact thing.

• Recently I've been attacked for introducing a little logic to the straight male bashing threads. I recently lost a friend to a militant feminist Lesbian and it bothered me she won by screaming gibberish and stating that all men are egotistical. Needless to say I'm a little too sensitive to expose my posting name since I use it in all my forums

• This is great! Thanks

What Guys Said 125

• C'mon, use your noggin! Guys aren't lookin for math tutors, or debate partners, they're looking for amazon babes who make em wanna fall in love and have round-the-clock sex. I mean, who wants to married to someone they can't outsmart? Give us miles of breasts and booty's sitting atop an empty head!

• I know why you go for black women now.

• I LOL'd so much, Palek

• ; - ) Been missin ya around the shop.

• "Plain Janes" do not get hit on because they do not stand out in any way. The stupid girls you speak of tend to flirt, look good, and put out quickly. Smart girls that are outgoing and good looking get hit on all the time. Girls that do nothing to stand out do not get as much attention, regardless of their intellect.

Guys love smart girls, but not boring ones.

• I love smart women. I especially like slightly geeky women (gamers, etc). But - only if they don't act condescending or rude about it; if they treat me as an idiot, or try to "hide" me, I really hate it. Otherwise, it's great. The woman I'm interested in has a Master's. The last woman I was interested in was going for a PhD.

Not to sound "elitist" - I've dated girls who haven't had great degrees; Let's just say it hasn't worked out - not due to their degrees, or how much they played, say, Chess, but how they were as people. I don't refuse to date girls who aren't highly intelligent and or creative, but I just tend to gravitate towards the ones that have a geeky sense of humor, or will watch Star Trek with me.

I suppose it's my world (most of my friends have several degrees each); my friends are a bit geeky, I am, too... so it would make sense that I would tend to go for women that when I blow in gently in their ear, I don't get a whistling sound.

• Why are beautiful girls supposedly 'dumb'? Why are plain girls supposedly 'smart'? Just a thought.

• because the only thing in that guys future is a dead and job with money being spent on stacks of blusher for the mrs, those women are the beautiful ones, they are clever proud and smart enough to wait for the right guy instead of jumping on the 'i'm not a virgin' band wagon

• and I meant dead end on that top line in the 3rd comment

• You already stated why in your question. "plain janes". Plain is boring. Why would anyone want to settle for plain jane? Just because you're not a model doesn't mean you have to be content that who you are should be enough. Everyone can improve their personality no matter how they look and personality is always the bigger deal breaker for me. The pretty smile only gets you a foot in the door, its your brain that gets you through.

• Nothing at all wrong with smart girls. I'd say that 99% of guys are bigger fans of smart girls than dumb girls. But it takes a bit of time to figure out how smart anyone is.

What you're observing isn't that guys dislike smart girls. Because they don't. What you ARE seeing is that guys like attractive girls. That's what first draws us in. So attractive girls get a lot more attention than less attractive ones. That doesn't mean that they make better girlfriends, just that guys tend to talk to them first.

Smart IS sexy. We just can't see it right away.

• Depends on the guy. A quality man appreciates a quality woman. That's all you need to know. : )

• I freaking HATE dumb girls, with a muther effing PASSION. can't hold a DAMN conversation with them, they agree with everything you say because they have nothing in those feeble brains of theirs, and they almost ALWAYS look like they are trying to be the hottest thing in town. GTF over yourself bitch, know what I'm saying?!?!

lol rant done. Smart, intelligent, educated girls for the freaking win.

• LOL My boyfriend keeps telling me stories about his exes *I just graduated college with a 3.6 GPA and I'm going back for my Masters, so I'm the smartest he's dated I think* One chick was grocery shopping with him and picked up orange juice which said "no pulp" and she thought the pulp was the sound the OJ made coming out of the carton and into the glass...LOL

• Dumb girls p*ss me off. Girls that seem to prioritise fashion, make up and celebrity gossip, they p*ss me off. Also girls that aren't open minded, in terms of film and music. Like the ones who just like the same music as all their friends and are completely ignorant to classic music, not knowing anything beyond the modern tripe.

For me, girls should care a lot about other people, real people, people who are ridiculously unfortunate, and should appreciate how fortunate us first worlders are, but that goes for anyone really. I like somebody that has emotional intelligence, and really cares about the people of the world and the events of the world.

• This is one sad truth I am going to partially confirm.

Dumb girls can be comforting to guys. They seem likely to be easier and just as importantly they are non-threatening. A dumb girl will not plot for ways to manipulate and control you. She will just want to be shown a good time and have good sex. There is a certain appeal there. Especially when one is younger, and less serious about relationships.

But don't dumb yourself down just yet.

Your question way over-simplifies this. The smart girl does not have to be the "plain-jane." Whoever said if you were smart you had to be plain? If you think the guys aren't into you (and you want them to be) then glam yourself up a bit.

Guys care about LOOKS, more than anything else. how hot a girl is is WAY more important than how smart she is (at least in high school, lol)

Besides, do you really think you'd be happy in a relationship with a guy who only likes dumb girls? Is that really what you want?

• intelligence is very appealing on a girl-but not mandatory. plus I disagree with your statement. I've known a fair amount of very hot girls who were super smart and very unappealing unintelligent girls. so in general though I know what your talkin about. your fine the way you r...and if your smart then use that. seems you have looks and intelligence so your ok--dont be dumb though to get any guy.

• I prefer smart girls. My wife is one. Oh, miracle, my daughter in law is a smart one too. LOL

Both are pretty.

• I don't think that's right - my girlfriend is witty, funny, has her BA, and is super intellectual. Also she manages to be all of that while being super attractive, so, maybe I just got lucky? But that's the type of girl I'm into - a real Renaissance girl.

• Smart , free spirited, and just naive enough to be cute, and so that I don't have to have a fifteen hour intellectual debate about modernism and women's rights, when I am trying to just be the knight in shining armor and protect her from some of the evils in this world...

/2cents

• 1. Common Sense is a must. As far as intellagence goes that can be interpreted very differantly depending on the person. Nobody wants to consider themselvs dumb.

2. Looks. If we are not physical attracted to you then we probably won't make a move. Its not that we aren't trying to be difficult but I would also expect the same thing from women. Obviously a women who is looking for a guy that looks like Johnny Deep would be pretty dissapointed if I approached them lol. But I would say most men aren't looking for a model or anything like that.

3. Personality is the biggest factor with picking someone. Obviously if you don't get along with the person or can't speak to them there is going to be very little interest unless they just enjoy awkward moments.

• Why can't the smart girls doll themselves up? Because its so superficial?

Attraction is superficial. You look good, we get talking, then I find out your intelligent. Wow. You got me interested.

• Hmm, I'd say, odd say of guys you have around ya, or it could be that you're just misinterpreting things. I love smart girls, the ones you can talk to for hours about philosophy or medical science. I think the problem is, is that smart girls don't take care of themselves as much as they could. Guys judge by appearances first and always, that's how it is, too much makeup is better than no makeup at all. The plain janes are just that, plain, but they can easily become exciting... you know... by dressing differently, showing their curves and all, maybe dye your hair a weird color. They stand out from the crowd and so they get noticed first, that's all. Dummies are good for a quick fling but in the long run smart plain janes make the best relationships :)

• I'd rather have someone with a brain, they have more things to talk about. Hate people that just sit there and look pretty.

• I'm all about the smart girls. The smarter the better.

• Dumb girls drive me nuts. I wouldn't date one if you paid me.

• Most people wouldn't go on dates in exchange for money - its a niche profession

• Thank you for your hilarious, clever, and insightful comment. Made my day brighter.

• I think some guys are intimidated by girls who are smarter then them.

Beyond that, most guys just don't care either way.

• Here's a twist on your question. I like going to Hooters. The first reaction of many women is that I want a dumb blond bimbo waiting on me. Actually, I like a Hooters girl who is working there working her way through college. I like to hear what she is studying, what she wants to do after graduation, her career goals, etc. A smart, pretty girl is a definitely turn on and something that I appreciate.

• I prefer smart girls and I don't like make up actually.

You are generalizing which I hate as well.

Honestly, the guys that just go for the dumb girls who have a ton of makeup aren't looking for a relationship most of the time.

• Smart girls all the way ! No one wants to be with a dummy :)

I want a girl who I can have an educated conversation with :)

• easy cause dumb girls are smart enough that looks actually matter to guys

i love smart girls that's why I purposly went to one of the best school in the state to meet a smart girl who is SMART enough to embrace their beauty instead of thinking it was dumb to care about their apperance

my best girlfriedns the ones I loved were extrremely intellegent

-future lawyer

-future vet

-ones even gonna be a brain surgeon(no lie its been her dream since she was like 9)

but they all look good :D

• all my friends think the dumb girls with loads of makup are annoying as hell I like the cute smart girls the most

• Nothing wrong with smart girls - I like them. I think that dumb guys are more likely to go out and party and ASK girls out. Smart guys, you'll find elsewhere, and sometimes, if you're lucky, they'll just appear in front of you, at the right time.

• why does smart have to go with plain jane, my girlfriend is the smartest girl that I have ever had the pleasure to date , atlest she is smarter than me (and I'm abit of a nerd) but she still always dresses up nice wears cute dresses with her hair done, her jewlery on, and just a touch of make up to bring out her eyes. Just because a girl cares about how she looks dosnt make her stupis and not all smart girls look like tomboys

• Dumb girls get hit on by hot guys because they are mark as an easy lay. And most guys want to put in as little effort as possible to get laid. Personally I can't stand dumb girls. I don't know how these women can function in society let alone get through high school. Huge turn on for me is someone that can hold an intelligent conversation. Only exception is the girl that thinks she is so smart she knows everything and can never admit when they are wrong.

• The girls you're referring to get hit on until the guy sleeps with them. If you want that, change who you are so you can be slept with and tossed aside.

If you don't want that, stick to who you are and be patient until the good guy who wants *you*, and for more than a fling, comes along.

• More from Guys
    95

What Girls Said 74

• I just answered a similar question a guy asked about nice guys finishing last. This is basically the same concept. The guy doesn't want a DUMB girl. He wants an easy-going girl.

Problem is, the slutty girls basically advertise their availability and willingness to ... earn a little more experience. The guys are attracted to them physically, but it fizzles out rather quickly; the association is based only on physical attraction and the novelty of being with that girl fades as a new girl pops into the guy's field of vision. In this case, the jar on the shelf is REALLY pretty, but the jar's empty.

Meanwhile, Plain Jane takes it to the other extreme and does nothing to visually entice the guy. In this case, the contents of the jar is sumptuous, but the packaging is not enticing enough to get the product moving, so it sits on the shelf...

There's nothing WRONG with smart girls, but you have to understand that guys are primarily visual creatures. They want the catchy advert. The step after that is "getting to know you" and "getting to understand how you feel" which takes about six month's time all together.

What comes first is the initial instinct to raise their eyebrows and smile at something/someone they find attractive. If they like what they see, they'll approach you for even the silliest thing and start getting to know you.

• I have never seen being intelligent and being hit on as having a correlation. I am intelligent and get hit on. Guys can easily disregard your intelligence or pretty much anything you have to say if all they see you as is a potential sex partner. In fact, they may have had almost no conversation with you so they are very unlikely to have a clue how intelligent you are.

As far as looks and intelligence, you can be attractive and smart. These qualities are not mutually exclusive. I also have not seen being a plain Jane as a big problem either. In fact, in my opinion those that look like the girl next door have a better chance at getting a boyfriend rather than a bunch of wolf whistles that amount to nothing.

What I have found influences male attention most is whether you are friendly and approachable. You can be a beauty but an ice princess and think your beauty intimidates men. Or you can be a plain Jane and shy and blame it on your looks too. However, the true culprit will be the fact you are leaving it up to the guy to approach someone who looks like they cannot be bothered to give them the time of day, and that right there is just a little too much to expect anyone to have the guts or interest to do.

• WELL I HAVE TO DISAGREE, I CAN DRESS IT UP OR DRESS IT DOWN, WEAR LOTS OF MAKE UP AND THEN GO NATURAL, AND IM VERY SMART, NOT A DUMMY, AND EITHER WAY IVE BEEN HID ON WITH MY PRETTY PUMPS AND MAKE UP OR MY SIMPLE JANES DOING THE NATURAL LOOK. APPEARANCE PLAYS A BIG PART ON CATCHING AN EYE FROM SOMEONE PLUS YOUR CONFIDENT AND CONFIDENCE IS A SEXY THING, MAKING YOU WHO YOU WANT TO BE AND NOT HIDE. SO YES SOMETIMES THE LESS IS MORE IS ACTUALLY MORE AND NO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH A SMART GIRL WANTING TO LOOK PRETTY AND GRABBING ATTENTION. BESIDES GUYS SLEEP WITH THE "DUMMIES" AND MARRY THE "SMART ONES" BUT ITS A PLUS FOR THE BOTH OF YOU IF YOU WEAR YOUR CONFIDENCE WELL AND GIRLY, VIS VERSA WITH A GUY ON APPEARANCE :) :) :)

• Maybe some guys feel intimidated by a smart women and would rather their women be dependent on them? But I think most guys would want a girl who shows a good amount of intelligence.

• For a real relationship guys wouldn't go for the dumb girls but for the smart ones, a girl they can talk to, who can be there for them, you know a girl with whom they can have an interesting conversation. But dumb girls are easy, they can hit on them, sleep with them and tell them to f**k off.. but you can't judge a book from it's cover and some girl that appear to be dumb and so fake are actually really smart, they might just think that lots of make up is nice when it's not.

Girls can be both pretty and smart. and lots of guys go for those. maybe you're just surrounded with guys who just wanna get laid and they give that impression.

• I don't know any guy that wants a dumb girl, unless they're trying to trick them into sleeping with them. The guys that say they prefer dumb girls are doing so because they themselves lack many desirable qualities and girls with lower intelligence are less likely to notice this or care. Also, there is no correlation between good looks and intelligence.

• Um... They sort of do. People who are highly intelligent tend to literally forget about their looks because they have more important things to think about such as solving a jet propulsion problem or curing cancer. People who are average or slightly above average intelligence tend to care more about their looks than the really smart ones. So, yes, there is a threshold. A woman may use makeup and still be above average in intellegence, but when her IQ hits a certain point, she doesn't care.

• so all plain janes are smart and all girls who care for themselves or wear makeup are dumb? I have to disagree.

• Just because a girl wears a lot of make-up doesn't necessarily mean she's dumb. Of coarse, by stereotyping terms you could assume that but appearances don't make or break who someone is. Yeah, a lot of guys date "dumb" girls but you don't notice when guys date normal girls because they don't draw as much attention to themselves. "Plain Jane's" get hit on less because by not caring about their appearance, it looks like they don't care about themselves. They roll out of bed and wear whatever they pull out first. Guy's like girls who take care of themselves and look like they put in just a smudge of effort into their looks. You don't have to wear make-up to look good but wearing flatter-figuring clothes and styling your hair can make you all the more attractive there's nothing wrong with caring about your looks. Plain doesn't always equate to "smart" and well-kept doesn't always equate to "dumb". Even so, why would you want a guy who only goes for dumb girls? Wouldn't that just be a waste of your time?

• I agree and I don't understand it, but then again it is not like the nice guys are going after girls like that. Usually jerks that only have one thing in mind go after girls like that, maybe intimidated by a girl with brains. I know there are plenty of nice guys (usually shy) that would prefer a smart,classy girl.

• I get the same feeling sometimes, so I think I got the idea of your question and maybe you are right, I've seen some REALLY dumb girls in my life that fit your description, that I just wan't to toss a bootle at .while listening to them talk.

I'm not saying that make-up is the indicator of a girl being dumb, not at all. But I have seen some sluty, dumb girls that wear a lot of make-up and have absolutly no language culture at all.

I really feel sorry for them, especially when they get drunk, or get hooked up with some guy who just wants to get inside her (sorry for this description) and who I am ceratin isn't going to call her after this night, they get so pathetic to look at...Anyway...

I've met guys that had f****ed some of these woman or have dated them and trust me when I say - they don't practically/ actually date them, at least not for long if they have a healthy self - esteem.

A person sooner or later is bound to realize that he is sitting near a person he has nothing to talk about or that can't actually be evolved in civilized conversations.

People grow up/ out of it and if they don't well...let's just say there will always be people who woun't like you at all, some of them might even hate you, but I guess then you will have to hang out with people who will like you and love you for who you are. Those aren't just empty words.

It is so silly of you to think that you actually want attention from such people, and that being a "plain jane" (I don't really believe in such titles) is going to ruin your chances of being happy one day with the most perfect guy for you.

I can't even tell you how wrong you are at this point.

You seem like a smart girl so why is this attention so important to you?Have you thought about that?I mean REALLY thought about that?

• Just because a girl is smart doesn't mean she has to be a plain or stupid? That's stereotyping I know a lot of girls that are extremely beautiful and do wear make up and dress very stylish whom are extremely intelligent and have bachelor degrees! And not all unattractive girls have to be intellectual! You're obviously very shallow.

• I'll admit, I'm not that smart of a girl, I get a lot of compliments for being pretty but that's with makeup on. Guys don't take the time to get to know girls unless they are "hot". I think every girl should stop wearing make up (even though I'm addicted to it) and that way guys have no choice but to fall in love with a girl for who they really are. I love this question even though I'm one of those girls who are dumb and wear makeup but for you to reach out and post this, it's inspiring :) You go girl! And I see a lot of girls w/out make up on and WISH I could be one of those who don't need it. Stay Beautiful and True girl! <3

• I have a preference for both men and women so I'll speak on behalf of both.

If I'm going to take interest in a girl sexually, I prefer for them to be the embodiment of the stereotypical playboy bunny. Keep in mind this is only speaking SEXUALLY. This is because everything about them oozes sex appeal; the hair, the revealing clothes, the make up, the stupid laugh, the dumb personality, it's all for increasing sex appeal, and it works. But this is more like a "quick fix", to satisfy your sexual urges.

However, if I want to take interest in a girl for a more lengthy period of time, I would place much more emphasis on the importance for them to have a nice, genuine personality and their interlectual ability. But obviously, physical attraction still important, just to a lesser extent, and I would prefer for her to look more 'natural'.

In my experience, if I'm trying to attract a guy, and the first thing I do is start with a conversation about theology or literature, it's probably going to turn him off and it doesn't matter what you look like. This doesn't just apply for douche bags, even nice guys will probably get turned off. BUT if I act a little 'bubbly' and have a conversation about something stuipd, his interest is more likely to be maintained. My theory is that this is due to 'protective instincts' in males. When a girl is acting 'sweet' and 'bubbly' she may seem a little naive, and most men feel the need to 'protect them' and this gives them an emotional boner. When a guy approaches a girl and she's emitts her sense of 'independence' too strong, the guy probably feels intimidated, and would probably lose wood.

It all depends on what you want though. If you want to just get hit on constantly, then you're probably going to have to emit a more 'sexal' vibe; Work out, do your hair/make up, select sexier clothes, cause honestly, men (or women who like women) don't go around looking at girls and saying "DAAAAAAAAYUM SHE MUST HAVE A REALLY GOO PERSONALITY!". BUT If you want nice guys to like you, then it's probably better to stay genuine, smart and natural looking, and hang out with the intellectuals.

Sorry if this offended anyone, it's for slightly satirical purpose.

Hope that helped ;)

• The answer is in your question. "Its never the smart plain janes that get hit on always the dummie?" Look at the fifth and sixth words in that sentence. Men (and women for that matter) hit on people they find attractive because it is difficult to judge someones intelligence off looks alone. Your question is rather offensive as it is insinuating that women can not be both intelligent and beautiful and you ended up coming across as bitter and jealous of women you deem more attractive than yourself. You also made a huge generalization of the male population. Yes men want someone they find attractive but do you honestly think that don't want a girl with substance.

• It may seem that way and for some guys this is true BUT eventually guys admit (at least the ones I've spoken to) that they get tired of "dumb" girls after a certain point. I can understand the appeal, but eventually it seems that substance wins over in the end.

Also I think that many girls consider themselves to be "plain janes", but in actuality they are probably more attractive than they realize. It just sometimes hard to see this fact when there are girls out there who go over the top just to stand out in the crowd. At least that's the way I see it.

• Smart girls get a lot better quality men than dumb girls though. They are also treating with much more respect, which enables them to enjoy their relationships more. Don't regret being smart. It's a gift.

• Wearing makeup actually isn't a sign of stupidity,girls who know how to make themselves desirable to others are smarter than those ''plain janes'',plain janes complain about guys not liking them,and those girls you consider stupid get men,attraction is an art,and knowing how to attract people is a good thing,it's just that those plain janes THINK that they're smarter,when in fact,they're ignorant and judge others based on stereotypes

• Well, no. I don't wear any make-up and I'm smart. I think that's just a stereotype people use to blame guys when they fall for others. Body definitely counts, but when it comes down to it, prettiness actually doesn't. I know this guy who cheated on his girlfriend of 2 years, for some big-boobed girl who wasn't even pretty.

Dummies just are easy. It's the sad truth. Smart people will only go with you if they really trust you and know you, and like you. They find it either too emotionally attaching, to hard, or don't want to get hurt.

• I'm a smart girl myself - so I think I know just what you mean. You see, I don't think it's that there aren't guys who like smart girls. In fact, I think guys prefer them. However, I also think a lot of guys are lazy and a little stupid themselves. Think of all of us girls like apples on a tree. All of the smart girls are near the top of the tree, waiting for Mr. Right. All the dumb girls and the (excuse my language) whores, are on the bottom of the tree (if not on the ground, rotting). Guys are lazy sometimes: so they grab the apples at the bottom, because they are what is convenient. No one has shown them yet that the good apples - the ones far better, sweeter and more valuable - are up higher, and that while they might have to work harder to get them, they are the only apples worth while. So you (and I!) may have to wait awhile for a guy to come along who's smart (or tall! haha) enough to reach up a little higher, but one day they'll get sick from all those bad apples at the bottom of the tree, and they'll come looking for the good ones up top!

• the more shallow the guy is= the more fake and dumb his picks will be

those guys are only lookin to get it in

genuine guys care more about that

• i HAAAAAATE when people assume that in order to be smart, you are a plain jane too. makeup has nothing to do with intelligence. I wear makeup. in fact I LOVE makeup, and I do it for all my friends as well. and guess what, I have a 4.0 gpa. so these generalizations are ridiculous.

if you are asking "why do guys go for dumb girls" you should have just said that. makeup is not a factor.

• It's an equation men tend to follow. More Makeup = Dumb and Easy. Less Makeup = Smart and Cold

It's probably not entirely correct, but its the formula men have come to count on for generations that has worked in their favor. It may seem stereotypical, but its the only outward sign men have to go by.

• yeah a lot of makeup can make you look stupid. but what about just a girl who wears SOME makeup, and just tries to look nice? not every girl who wears makeup looks like that, its all in degrees. its stupid to assume that all makeup= dumb and no makeup= smart. there is a middle ground there is being ruled out.

• um...i wear a lot of make up but am an honour roll student so I don't which category I belong to? not all girls who wear make up are dumb -_-

• No there isn't. Men will go after the ones whom they think they have chance to score with. The dumb girls as you call it probably are more outgoing to so they get noticed more.

• It's a suprise to me that a lot of guys comments that I have just read tends to go for the smart girls. But in reality are they just saying it or not. Lets put it this way I'm 17 finish year 12 I always think young guys go for the dumb girls because at school most of those that were in a relationships were the dumb show off female and male. I'm a female and I like guys that are smart. I'm not expecting them to be perfect but has got the brains to think, talk, and work. It just depends what are you trying to say the difference between dumb and smart girls? some smart girls can be pretty too. Usually I think of the smart people attractive than the dumb ones.

• And another thing is I think girls that put a lot of make-up aren't attractive because they're just fake because they look different under neath the cosmetic on their face skin.

• honey, I hate to say it but that is because those girls are usually the ones who put out. However, they don't usually marrying those type of girls. Usually guys will look for the smart nice girl when they're ready to settle down. It's sad, but that's just the it is sometimes. Don't give up, be proud of who you are and work on yourself, everything else should fall into place eventually if you do that. It might be a long time, but you'll be happier later.

• Well I guess we can't impose on them every person is a unique individual so for me it depends to the person if they like dumb over the smart one but its better if smart one because there's a sense when they talk lol and I always want to hve a partner which is great in conversation :)

• Boys like dumb girls because they fall for their cheap lines and are too dumb to see that their boyfriend is shallow/ player/ immature, act.

smart girls see past it and don't fall for the games. When the boys become men they like smart women.

• define dumb? I see what your talking about in my girlfreinds all the time, girl's who put in an effort tend to look better there for get noticed, but they also seem like more fun to be around. If you wear makeup and laugh because your actually having fun then ofcorse you are going to attract a guy. over a girl, who looks plain sits in the corner and eye's all the " dumb girls" who are getting chatted up because they are having fun wheither or not boy's are paying attention to them is a bonus ! it's as much about looks as it is about how you act would you be attracted to a guy who wasn't having fun at a party and was sitting quietly being arrogant and anti social why even come.

• it depends on the guy but I think most guys are almost afraid of a smart girl. real men can handle real women and insecure men usually go for the dumb girls because they won't call them out or upset their manhood. its best to be cute and smart 'cause it always throws them off when you first meet them. go out and pick up a sexy (not slutty!) outfit, a little make up and have fun with it. you will be surprised at how much power you have

• It doesn't have as much to do with being smart or dumb, but more to do with how you present yourself. Smarter girls tend to be more shy and less confident with guys and appearance, because they worry more and dumber girls don't put that stress on themselves. Guys are attracted to confidence. I am as you put it "a smarter girl", however I carry myself with a lot of confidence and enjoy the way I look and I have more men then I care for haha.

• More from Girls
    44