Do you like the 'good morning' texts? Poll question.

Do you like to receive 'good morning' texts?

I personally don't like them, they are annoying. when you know a lot of girls and some of them send it. It's not my thing to text back 5 or 6 girls 'morning' when I wake up. So, I ignore them and text them later in the day 'hey, what's up?'.

I want to know if a lot of people feel this way, please share :)

Nd how do you feel when you don't get a response?(for the people that enjoys sending them)

• No, I don't like them. They are annoying!
  • Yes, I like them. They are sweet!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not going to cast a vote, becauseeee if it comes from a partner - boyfriend/girlfriend I like it. It makes me feel like I'm being thought about first thing in the morning.

The only other reason someone can send one to me and I won't be annoyed is it we'd been talking about something the night before, or one of us has been upset the night before and they are calling in to check how I am/break the ice.

Sending good mornings for the fun of it though is generally weird...

What Girls Said 24

• I wanted them from my ex when we were in a relationship and never got them.

I got them from guys I was talking to and it was annoying as hell!

I didn't know them and like them enough to care.

It's a desperate move to be the first one you talk

in the morning and the last one at night,

but once I stopped talking to them, it was a relief!

My friend who I didn't like but grew on me sends me texts at night and that I love =)

• They are annoying when they're from an unwanted suitor, from my experience. But I imagine if it was coming from someone I adored I would find it charming.

• I like them if it's coming from the love of my life, or someone I need to talk to asap. Having it come from multiple people becomes quite a bother especially when I am sleeping still.

• Haha my phone is always on silent when I sleep

• I love getting them, but only from my boyfriend. I like waking up with a text from him because I would enjoy waking up a lot more knowing that he sent me something. But I don't send anyone else any except him

• I like it especially if it comes from my bf.I feel like he cares about me and think about me.One of my bad attitude is I don't reply him that time tho as my mind and my body are still weak to type back anything sweet to him lol.I would reply like after one or two hour,then started to say hey baby sorry,i was sleeping when you text me bla bla bla...

• Love 'em. The idea of waking up to a text saying good morning or even being on the bus to class and receiving one, is the sweetest thing. I'll send 'em out once in awhile, but just to my boyfriend. Wouldn't mind if any of my girl friends sent one, but it'd be odd if another guy sent or when my parents send me one, it gets annoying(usually like 2 hours or whatever before I even have to be awake...not a good morning person...)

• I like good morning/night texts from my boyfriend, from other people it would be too much

• It depends. The only guys who have ever sent me "good morning" texts were annoying as f***. If my current boyfriend sent me one I would be SO shocked, I'd probably like it, but I'd have to make sure I wasn't dreaming. We usually don't text each other at all.

I've wanted to send him a "good night" text, but I don't know if he'd enjoy it or not.

• I typically get one,sometimes two a day. Of course,the one I get nearly everyday is from my f*ck buddy. lol I still think its sweet:)

• Love em. Cause it lets you know that you're the first person he thinks about when he wakes up

• They get your day going in a good direction. And makes you feel thought of. And they are really great when you wake up to them!

• I don't mind them it is just nice to be thought of in the morning ya know?

• OMG I love them so much! It makes my day! <333 (only from my boyfriend though)

from others..I don't care for them...and fyi, they totally like you.

When I send them, I totally want one back! But, I only care if its to my Bf..if its to others, I never care if they text me back. haha

• My boyfriend alway sends me a little goodmorning note (usually by email before he goes to bed the night before.) I love them. They are so sweet! Whenever I have one to open, it makes my morning so much better!

• as long as you aren't bombarding and do them everyday...once in a while is cute.

• They're fine.

• I ike them ONCE IN A WHILE...once in a blue moon. Not constantly.

• Yes, they're lovely :D

• depends.

• I'd have to say I'd like them every once in a while - from a boyfriend, not every single friend of mine - but I think I'd much prefer a phone call.

• I would LOVE them, just that someone actually thinks of you first in the morning... Sadly, I don't get any... Not even many messages at all... Life is sad :'(

• I like good night and sweet dreams texts better. :)

• I'm not a "whatssup" girl. I prefer romantic messages :) Yup, they are lovely when creative.

• Haha okay.

Could get an example of a romantic text?

• Ugh. I used to make my ex so happy haha. I'm pretty creative. I forgot everything sadly haha

• i suppose if I was the type of arse, stringing along loads of men then yes, several morning texts would annoy me greatly. However since I only have the one dude, I enjoy when he texts me good morning, it usually comes in the form of, "hey lazy girl, are you still in bed?"

What Guys Said 15

• Yeah, I like good morning texts. It just goes to show you that someone is thinking about you or you've been on their mind which is great. If you know they're the annoying type then it wouldn't be that of a significance.

• Close friends, yes

Not so close friends, no

I will send them occasionally to show the person I care about them. I do like receiving them, too.

• I like a goodmorning message, only don't expect an imidiatly reply (I just woke up!). But I wouldn't be that happy when there are several girls that text me goodmorning every single day! I would just ignore them until they stop.. only ONE goodmorning is enough, ONE MESSAGE, ONE GIRL :)

• they're nice, but they get too complicated. If you wanna say good morning then yea go for it, but don't get bitchy and pissed off if I don't always answer or want to have a conversation. It becomes almost a chore than something you want to do

• my last relationship was an online one and it was sweet to get texts like that from her I would give them back too of corse. we didn't do it every day or anything just every once in a while.

• Depends, am I awake yet? If not then I won't be too pleased

• Theyre alright I guess. The only time I really like them is when its my girlfriend, but other than that I don't really care.

• I don't mind them if its from a new girl that I just started talking to, but if its from a girl I've known for a long time or a friend that's a girl that I'm not attracted to then it gets annoying.

• I like those better than the "Happy __________" where the _________ is a holiday. Those get friggin annoying.

• Not everyday, but random ones are good

• I agree with enchanted id much rather have a sweet dreams text.

• even worse when you're hung over...

• depends who's sending them.

but when I like a girl, I tend to send her one every morning once we get to that point.

• Real phone calls. Not texts.

• I like them but they're just texts.