Why does she keep texting me?

I told this girl I was hanging out with that I liked her and I wanted to take her out on a date and she said sure. Then I asked her if she wanted to do something like 3 times (over the course of about 3 weeks) and she was always busy with something else. I can only assume she has changed her mind or doesn't want to go on a date, but she still texts me like every day to ask how it's going and what I'm up to. We talk quite a bit, but then she doesn't want to go on a real date? Should I just stop talking to this girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Be upfront with her or even ask when would be a good time for her. But part of her obviously still likes you, maybe she's confused, maybe(and sorry for this) she's friendzoned you and doesn't know how to tell you. Call her and talk to her, ask her what's up?

What Girls Said 2

• Just be her friend, why would you stop talking to her over a date? sounds selfish to me. I don't know maybe you should not rush it and let it take its course.

• Telling a guy you'll go out with him and then using him as a 'friend' seems more selfish to me. If she didn't want to go on a date she should've just said so.

• I think a lot guys instinctively become distant after a rejection(especially if he has feelings for her), because rejection hurts, and he can't handle it. I know I do.

• If she's not making time for you now when will she when if you guys are together? Be her friend and move on because clearly (sorry for being so blunt) she doesn't view you as important enough to make time for.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like she just isn't ready to go on a date, but doesn't want to lose your friendship either. It's up to you how you handle it, you could think why bother if she's already turned you down a few times, or you could keep talking and seeing where things could potentially go.