Why do guys put 'lol' for EVERY text message?

Whenever we text he puts "lol" in everything. Half the time it's not even funny. It kinda gets me irritable because when I'm trying to flirt with him he still puts lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• i do it because I'm paranoid in the girl thinking what I said sounds too bold or dull

What Guys Said 4

• Sounds like he just doesn't know what else to say. Don't text if it's irritating, simple as that.

• I am ashamed to admit this but I'm an addict when it comes to typing "lol". I don't really know why I type it it's like a reflex. I think it may be because I used to be a huge gamer, and it was the norm to say that a lot *lol*.

• Just lol at that!

i think its just a word he got used to typing. Juat tellhim that its irritting you I guess

• Well I knew someone that use to do that. She said it was because it was really awkward and she thought that by putting lol she could reduce the tension.

What Girls Said 1

• He's trying to keep the conversation light. "LOL" may be used to defuse the intensity of a person's comment.