Will girls eventually text you first?

If you continuously text a girl you like first, will the girl eventually feel comfortable to text the guy first? Or will they continue to let the guy start every conversation?

Haha it's so damn confusing, I've even dated a girl who never texted nor called me first. Whether it was before or after we started dating I always started our conversations over the phone, yet she was really into me which is why we hooked up. I just hope this new girl does like me but just for some reason doesn't contact me first. At least then if I ask her out I'll be successful.
Lol just got confirmation today, she does like me. So note to self and anyone else who may read this "just because a girl doesn't text or call you first doesn't mean she's not interested" sure look for signs but if you see them don't let something so small keep you from pursuing your love interest. "GO FOR IT GUYS!"

Most Helpful Girl

• well it really does depend if the girl is shy or not. it might feel awkward for a girl to text first if she is like that. also if the girl isn't sure if you like her then she might text you if she gets a chance maybe like asking something important for school or work. but if the girl isn't shy I don't see why she wouldn't text you. of course if she is very busy that is something different: she might not wanna get too close and have to deny possible dates later on. you should also know that girls are more emotional than boys and think about other peoples feelings. she might think you think it is weird that she messaged first or something like you are too busy or again maybe not interested.

What Girls Said 7

• Haha I had the same question about guys about a second ago... I guess both our questions are answered?! Haha. I've decided to stop initiating after a while, to give the guy a chance to message me first. Or else I'll send a Facebook message while he's offline, which will prompt him to write me back.

• If I was in that situation yes, after a while I would definitely start conversations, but I wouldn't want it to start going the other way and always have to start it! you know?

• I think it would be good to have a back and forth kinda thing, it should be balanced and then you know both people are interested.

• agh.. depends on the girl. in my case, even if I really like a guy I tend to be lazy enough to wait for him to text me, but if I want to talk to him and he hasn't contacted me then I will do it. most girls are this way.

• Ok lets say a girl is interested in the guy and vise versa, she really wants to talk to him but because she lives a busy life style she doesn't always have the time to initiate. Could this cause her to also forget to text/call him or even text/call him back?

• I generally start texting first eventually. Unless I'm not interested.

• uhmm guys first and then us :)

• If I like a guy I usually respond back to him right away.. sometimes I will text first but not all the time

What Guys Said 2

• OMG I know the feeling!

I've had this happen before. They didn't have a problem with me, and they were interested in me for sure. But they NEVER started a conversation.

It made it feel as though they preferred NOT to talk to me, but would answer if I started anyway.

• Yea I think the girl I know is interested but she never texts or calls me first. In person she looks my way while I'm at her job, and when we text we flirt sometimes. I see signs but since I'm not always around her I only have so much to go off of. It sucks how one simple thing can make you doubt how someone feels about you.

• I usually won't initiate more than a few times in a row before I let it go. If she's really into me she'll initiate. If it's bothering me that much ill tease her about it and it usually fixes it