Bad idea to send a thank you text after first date?

Went on a date with this guy recently and we had a good time. At the end of the date he said rather enthusiastically that it was really nice meeting me and that he hoped to see me again.. I realized I forgot to thank him so I sent him a text 30 min after we parted ways to thank him for dinner and that it was nice meeting him.. but he did not reply my text.. so I assumed that he lost interest just because I sent him a thank you text? I usually don't send thank you texts but I forgot to thank him and I did not want to appear impolite..

it has been almost 2 weeks since then and he hasn't contacted me since.. I am thinking if I should just drop him a text to ask if he wants to hang out again?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• No don't two weeks is too long after the first date for him to ask you out again. Sorry to hurt you but it means he is not interested because if he was he would have called or texted you within a week of the date. Don't even text guys after like that you have to wait for them to text you its just dating rules. I know I hate it too but I've made this mistake before too. I would forget about him and if he does decided to text you don't go out with him again because it took him to long to ask you out again. Also if you go out with him after that then you will seem desprete. I'm sorry I hope this did not upset you but I don't want him to mess with your head.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• He is un-interested.

Him not contacting you has nothing to do with the text you sent him after.

• I would text him again just to see what's going on. Maybe he didn't get your thank you text. I got my friends mad at me before because the texts didn't go through on me. They would be reading their texts to me but I didn't get it.

• NEVER! NOT AFTER 2 WEEKS! YOU HAVE TO WAIT THEM TO CONTACT YOU AFTER THE FIRST DATE...HE'S NOT INTERESTED OBVIOUSLY!

forget him!