He has a girlfriend.. should I stop texting him?

This guy & I have been texting for a month & a half. I like him & I think he likes me too because he usually texts me first & its kinda obvious. My cousin also has asked him & he said that he likes me a lot.

But recently I found out (through Facebook) that he has a girlfriend :(. Knowing this I feel like I should stop texting him (even if I don't really want to) to prevent any serious problems .

So what do you guys think? Should I keep talking to him or should I stop all communication completely?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would back off a bit. you two might have something really nice but you don't want a bad rep because of it. your smart. if you two are meant to be itll happen, but as of right now until he is single lol as terrible as that sounds back off. as far as him texting you first let him, if you want to answer then do so, maybe not every time though. don't go to him first.

• Thanks, I really like your answer.

What Guys Said 3

• Always an opportunist; yet never a thief. Live by that motto.

Tone down the romantic undertones and keep it in check. Wait for something better to come along for you. Or if what he has blows up, wait until the time is right before zeroing in like a vulture for your share of what the previous woman left behind.

• Thank you for such good advice :)

• Hmm.. It comes down to your own morals. Me, for example, believe that until you are married, either party in a relationship has the option to move on to someone else. However, flirting/messing around with someone while still dating isn't something I condone. The issue you have here in the aspect of still texting/flirting with this guy, is that if anything happens between you while he is still dating someone else means that there is a good possibility that he would do the same to you if you two started dating.

• Alright, I'll keep that in mind for sure & thanks

• You know what? Keep texting him. If she causes trouble for you speaking to him, there's trust issues between them which equals a bad relationship. If you keep speaking to him then if anything happens between them, he may need a shoulder to cry on..and if you were there at the time it could turn out great for you! But if he's taking it hard, don't jump in straight away, give him time to get better and cheerier- then ask him =)

Hope I helped =D

What Girls Said 2

• If he is talking to you while he has a girlfriend in a sexual or flirtacious manner, hw would probally do it to you as well. Speaking from experience. Stay away from the playaz, they will only do the same to you in the end. If he wants you he should cut all ties to her and solely b with you!

• seems reasonable, I'll keep this in mind.

• if he likes you then keep flurting but if he brakes up with his girlfriend for you then realize that people may not like you for braking them up.

• yeahh true, thank you