Guys: if you told a girl she was cute but not your type, what would that mean?

Would you say that just so you wouldn't hurt her feelings?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, I know a lot of girls that are pretty but just aren't my type. That's talking more about personality and actions than just what a person looks like. I don't think I would cop out and use that excuse if she wasn't legitimately pretty.

What Guys Said 7

• it means he thinks your physically attractive but he's not into you. girls gotta stop reading too much into things, we're guys, we're pretty literal. if we say your cute but not our type, your cute, but your not our type

• Its hard for me to wrap my head around because to me either a guy is hot/cute or he isnt

• ive fond guys attractive, doesn't mean I want to be with him

alot of people are like that. a lot are not. _relating_ to it, or not ,has nothing to do with 'reading too much into it'

sghe just told you why she's thinking about it. because its a different experience than what she has.

you don't decide what other people want understand.

plenty of guys are NOT literal. I know from first hand experience. Still,i wouldn't tell all guys to 'stop reading into what I say'- based on several personal experiences.

• To me,

That probably means she has a cute face but she's too large.

• i've seen lots of girls that are pretty but not my type, but never seen a girl I thought was cute but not my type.

only way I'd say she's not my type even if I think she's cute, is if her personality doesn't attract me.

i don't try not to hurt people's feelings tho, that's silly. honesty is best.

• He told me I was exactly what he was looking for in personality

• I did. I was just commenting because you mentioned personality in your answer

• but you're asking because of a guy that said something to you. not as a general question.

yet you asked as if it were a general question.

nvm tho. bye

• Just like girls aren't interested in some guys, guys aren't interested in some girls. He might already be in a relationship of some sort with someone else. Don't sweat it just move on.

• not my type would mean we don't have things in common like hobbies passion or culture or lifestyle.. no common interests

• just because you are cute/attractive, it doesn't mean you're his type. for example, I realize models are attractive, but most of them aren't my type/don't turn me on.

• Yeah, most likely, that's what it sounds like to me.

• Could you clarify?

• But do you really think he thought I was cute?

• I don't know.

Every guy's different, some would mean it, others would just say it to make you feel good.

What Girls Said 1

• He can see you as attractive, but a lot of people don't date, just based on that. he may not feel a connection, or get along with you in a personal way, he'd want for a relationship. but can still see, you are aesthetically pleasing.

• He said my personality was perfect for him

• then it would seem A. there's no spark.

B. he's not physically attracted to u.

You must have an idea its not about looks or personality.. As you gave BA, to the guy who is sure its about personality & actions..That he's sure the guy find you attractive to say what he said. As he himself, wouldn't just cop that out as an excuse if he didn't think she was legitimately pretty.

So you must think its about some thing abstract. spark. connection, etc. I'd agree.