Is Boring a deal breaker?

I've recently met this girl, we've gone on two dates so far. she's pretty nice, fairly cute, and isn't into drugs. (Which strangely has been a problem for me lately, like I can only find girls that are.)

But the thing is, she's kinda boring. she's indecisive, she's a bit of a picky eater, comes off as a bit prudish, and doesn't seem to do much beyond read, work, study, and watch movies.

But the other thing is, she's fairly willing to do whatever I feel like doing. In that way, extremes aside, she's kinda open minded, because she really has no opinion on things.

I can't decide if I find this really boring, or kinda cool because I get to be the dominate one (which would be a change from my last relationship which we always fought for dominance.)

Would you date someone like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you were talking about a guy, then yes I would be bored with him and def dump him. I'm already good at being independent and taking care of myself, caring for others, doin my thang!... What do I need a man tagging along for if you are not gonna make any manly decisions, shoot!, I can already be my own man. See, I'm just an old fashioned type so I feel super feminine when a guy takes over and is dominant. I like to let him lead and I will support him, compliment him with my submissiveness and make him feel like a man.

not all women are like me though so please don't generalize us. my bff is actually the type who likes to be dominant

What Girls Said 12

• It depends..if they are boring in the sense they are quite neutral, like they don't have strong opinions or have a lack of hobbies/interests etc, then no, it wouldn't affect it much for me.

But if I find spending time with them boring, it would definitely be a deal breaker. I wouldn't be able to continue to date someone if wasn't enjoying spending time with them, or if I found it boring/dull.

I would struggle to date someone who didn't make any decisions, as I would feel I didn't know if they were enjoying themselves or just going along with my choices.

• Maybe she needs time to come out her shell. I think I'm boring when I first meet someone because I tone down my weird hyper crazy side. I don't want to be embarrassed if I totally act like myself and he thinks I'm weird. Once I get a feel for his they are I can be more like me

• I see nothing that wrong with the girl to be a total deal breaker. I think it's these feelings you have of doubt and wether you like her or not that are causing a problem, which might escalate to bigger issues. In other words I personally have a bad feeling about this. you shouldn't have doubts like that if you really like someone... Sad but true. Whatever you decide to do, don't drag her along and don't give her false hopes. My opinion and advice :)

• Date her all you want, brother, but eventually she WILL be "whats-her-face the chick I used to spend tedious time with". Because except if you have some terrible giant issue with not having anyone around to be dominant to or be dominated by, you have no business dating someone who actually has so little personality, that their best trait is that they have no opinion of things.

• heh, like whats-her-face from how I met your mother. that was an episode I'm pretty sure

• No. I can't stand people who are indecisive and doesn't do much. Don't settle for something you're unsure of. In time you'll meet someone and you'll get a gut feeling saying "yes! I love spending time with this person!"

• Definitely a deal breaker. No, boring isn't for me.

Can you really see yourself staying in a committed relationship with someone who bores you? I'd rather have a spontaneous, argumentative guy than an "easygoing" guy with no personality.

• Yes I would date someone like that. It's only been 2 dates, if you think you might like her aside from her being boring then give it a little time. She may be shy at first, and if she is OK with doing whatever you ask I don't see that as boring. Your just getting to know her!

• YES boring is a deal breaker .

But she seems cool in your situation even if she's boring she doesn't come off as " you're so boring I can't stand to even be around you " especially since she is being open and would do whatever you want to do

• It seems like you like dominant girls she clearly doesn't match up cos you don't get a buzz off of her.

• Yes it is ...

• Yes hahaha.

• Give it more time. Lots of girls are kind of shy when they first start dating someone and that often comes off as being indecisive. She may not yet feel relaxed enough around you to speak her mind freely. She also just may be submissive and waits for you to take the lead. If after some time you still find her boring then I guess she's not right for you.

What Guys Said 9

• Ya probably. But is she right for you? Sounds like you want a girl with a little more aggressive attitude. Why don't you try putting her on the spot? Ask her to plan a date and see how she handles taking the lead.

• No. Not a chance. I want my girl to have her own opinions, passions and hobbies. While I am very decisive, I'd like to have a change of pace in which she suggests something we do. I've been around boring and indecisive women and I can't stand it. And she isn't open minded, she just sounds like a girl that truly doesn't give a sh*t about anything. Do you want to be with a girl like that?

Find someone else.

• Boring is in the eye of the beholder. My friend called me "kind of boring" because I don't like to go hiking, rafting, hang gliding. That's true, I don't because I have no interest in it. So, to me, he's boring. He does a bunch of crap that I don't like to do.

The only thing I that I find unappealing about this woman is she's a picky eater. That kind of sucks because I like going to different restaurants and trying different foods. Having no opinion sucks because you don't know if she's even enjoying herself or how she even feels about something.

• try it out, you may find out you like a girl like her, or you might not. that's why we date, to find out. who knows, she might blossom into a really outgoing girl once you get to know her better

• i think she is cool .. on the other hand if it was the other way around maybe the girl will dump the guy !

• definitely a deal breaker.

there are plenty of girls that were nice and innocent, good hearted, but weren't fun. I mean, how are you ever going to have a relationship with them if having a conversation is dull stiff and like pulling teeth. I hate to say it, but we all like people who are a challenge, who have a darker side and a little bit of sexual tension to it.

i mean if a girl is too easy to comply, has no opinions of her, it's no fun. it's like dating a statue.

• Yes it is, a huge red-flag!

• in a heartbeat...

• I can't date someone boring but if it meant no fighting and putting up with a nasty f***er then maybe :P