Is it awkward if I Facebook message or text someone I've never talked to?

I rarely see this girl at school and if I do she's usually with her friends in a classroom. I've never talked to her before, but she probably knows me from reputation and some of her guy friends are my friends. So would it be awkward if I sent a text or fb message and what should I send

Most Helpful Girl

• No! But if you do, and you end up seeing her in school you need to talk to her. It's just awkward if you constantly chat/text someone without ever talking to them in real life.Maybe if you chat her you could ask her to sit with you at lunch or hangout outside of school sometime!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, if ANYTHING starts online, its harder to start in real life. trust me, the more you get to know eac hotehr online first, the more awk itll be in real life. so man up and talk to her in person, even if its just a smile and a hi. if you catch her alone, go up and ask a question about school or soemthing. keep it simple. OR befriend her friends first, and get some answers through them first. online, you could face rejection and then how much more awk will you feel in real life?

• acctually, I think it's a good idea... as long as ya'll are friends on fb... otherwize... you seem kinda creeper-ish... but in the other sack... grow sum balls and go up to this chick and talk to her in person! god! it ain't that complicated!

• I don't think it's weird I've done it plenty times just say hey what's up keep it simple.

What Guys Said 1

• i like to start conversations either with a compliment when I talk to girls for the first time on fb. nothing wrong with starting a friendship via fb/text. just make sure you pursue it. I made the mistake a couple years ago of texting and flirting, but not having the balls to talk to her at school, learned my lesson, so awkward lol. anyway I would start on fb, and get her number off of fb (even if you already have it). some girls find it creepy if youve never talked but you got her number from someone.