Guys, would you rather date a "cute girl" or a "hot girl?"+ checking out girls?

Two questions...For starters all my friends my age and up to college age are always telling me how "i'm just so cute" or "gorgeous" while adults are always like "you are growing up to be so beautiful" But of course only only rarley does one of my friends call me "hot". I am from a concervative family I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not...So guys, would you rather go out with a slim petite girl that is "Cute" or someone who is tall and "hot"? And is it better if a guy thinks your cute\pretty or hot?

Second, how can a girl tell if a guy is "checking her out'? A lot of guys seem to look at me and almost stop momentarily and stare at me for a second, when I'm out some days. Sometimes they'll even smile a little. Which is funny cause I have never thought of myself as "hot" or anything, because I'm so petite and not all tall and perfect...but a lot of people say I'm pretty (I look sorta exotic I guess because I am asian) So I just wanna know how you can tell?

Most Helpful Guy

• well, first, don't assume that tall=beautiful with women. I'm not into tall girls at all. I'm 6'2, but I like my girls to be 5'5 or less. I wouldn't rule anyone out exclusively on height, but I definitely prefer shorties, haha. not that there's anything wrong with being 5'11 either, just depends on individual preference. also, I know "hot" short girls and "cute" tall girls. they don't necessarily go hand in hand like you seem to think.

as for "cute" vs "hot"...it's tough to put into words. being petite can certainly add to the "cute" factor, but I'd say personality comes into play a lot there. if you're conservative like the rest of your family, you might come off as more "cute", because you might not dress provocatively. I don't know, it's all so abstract, plus context matters too. I might call a cute girl hot or a hot girl cute...i'm confusing myself as I type this, haha. but I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, and again, it's interchangeable in certain contexts. wish I could give you a more solid answer than that, but it's just so abstract you can't really nail it down.

• haha it's cool. but yea, I don't like to dress provocativly, I wasn't raised that way, but I don't do the whole long skirts type thing either. Kinda inbetween. Love fashion trends and all, but don't dress super revealing or anything.

What Guys Said 11

• I've dated cute and hot girls. I can see the attraction in both types. Both of them are attractive enough that I'd want to ask her out, so that's not the problem. Looks are the price of admission for further chasing on my part. The shortest girl I've ever dated was 4'11" and was half my weight at 85lbs. Really adorably cute and so much fun to pick up and tease. She was short of used to being short and loved it.

The tallest girl I ever dated was a semi-pro volleyball player. She was 6'2" and all legs. Just a striking beauty to look at. Guys would stare everywhere we went. Honestly, it was different from the shorter girl, but cute versus beautiful didn't seem to matter to me that much. Both girls were attractive. I consider it like ice cream. Hot fudge chocolate versus rocky road? Either way, you're still eating awesome ice cream.

As for checking you out and having more interaction with guys, are you shy/quiet at all?

• Yes haha...I am a very shy person. But I do smile back...Would that have an effect? I have noticed a lot of guys (even typically confident guys) will get incredibly shy around me. Hesitate before they hug me (and sometimes completly chicken out) and have a hard time talking to me. Sometimes end up stuttering and blushing and walking away as fast as they can. There have only been two guys that have not gotten all shy around me and been confident enough to flirt, but both of them are super flirty

• Read this and apply the lessons to your life:

link

• Your hotness will rarely make a guy fall in love with you as much as cuteness. Hotness basically means you might be fun to have in bed. But ofcourse, different people mean different things when they say hot. And cute and hot can and often do exist in the same girl.

• A cute girl retains her looks better over time.

I would go for the cute girl since they usually are more down to earth and easier to be with and talk to.

However, some girls who have a "hot" look can be "cute" if their personality is good. Vice versa doesn't really work though. :)

• I've always liked cute girls better than hot.. there's also the rare combination of really cute and hot at the same time.

• Cute is the way to go. Hotness fades, but cuteness stays. Actually I'm not a big fan of blondes, It's just a personal preference, but I'm more of a brunette/dark hair fan.

• Slim petite for me that is what I would want.To date I would date cute more so than hot

• I take the cute girl. A cute, petite girl is someone you can hug, cuddle with, and protect. "Hot" in my mind conveys more fire, but less warmth. I prefer the warmth over the fire.

• It really depends on the guy. Some guys like calling girls cute hot or pretty. Usually girls call other girls cute or pretty as they see it to be more feminine. Guys usually call girls hot, and again, it just depends on the person who is saying it.

• Tall and hot girl. But a little of both is better.

• I'd take cute over hot but that's a bit misleading because cute is still good.

I'm not really into petite girls because I'm big and tall.

• Cute" girl link "Hot" girl link In my opinion beautiful, gorgeous and pretty are all basically interchangeable and mean the same. I would say that cute and hot would be more used to describe how a girl acts and/or dresses. There is nothing wrong with either both are great, if I had to choose I guess I would be more likely to opt with the cute girl.

I could ask the same about how to tell if a girl is checking me out,lol. A lot of guys like petite girls and Asian girls, especially when you combine the two. When I go out I check out a lot of girls, whether they are petite, curvy, tall, short, etc.

What Girls Said 0