Would you date a high functioning stoner?

What if you met someone and they were perfect for you but they liked to smoke a lot of pot but are high functioning in that they get great marks in the sciences at university, have a good job and it doesn't really pose any negative effects for them as they do homework and regular things while stoned.

Would you date them?

Would you try to change them?

Would it be a deal breaker and you would walk away?

(before you rant on and on about how "pot is bad" I'll tell you that A LOT more people than you think get stoned ALL THE TIME! People are absolutely shocked to hear I am one although I make an effort not to let anyone know who is against it. The people who get the top marks in the sciences at my uni are all hardcore stoners and we all get stoned together!)

Most Helpful Girl

• In all honesty, I could only be friends with this person. I liked a guy who smoked a lot and I knew this and I hated it. I don't care if everyone gets stoned "ALL THE TIME" because that doesn't make it right nor does it make it fun for me to kiss a guy who smokes when I don't. See, if I smoked, it'd be different but I don't and even though he's still a smart kid, that doesn't make him more attractive. It's unattractive to see someone who I care about, slowly killing themselves by smoking to get "high." It isn't an admirable quality in my book, but it doesn't mean I can't be friends with someone who smokes, I just don't like it. To me, it signals someone who doesn't know how to enjoy life without getting high and although assumptions are bad, I think it's stupid to do it int he first place. Now, changing them is a different story. You can't change someone who doesn't want to be changed, simple as that. I would tell them what I thought of their situation but other than that, they can do whatever they want to themselves, it's their life, not mine.

• Good! At least you know that at the beginning.

What Guys Said 5

• Nope

• I'll pass on that

• Who said it was killing them? That's the question I have. If they smoke all the time and it's not killing them them who is anyone to judge, and to anyone else who doesn't like or want then don't ask and those that do can have and don't have to feel bad for not sharing with those that don't Thank you

• You're perfect.

• Their is nothing wrong with pot!

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend is a stoner. I don't know if I'd call him "high functioning". Lol, but whatever.

I'm fine with it. I don't try to change him or anything. That's his business, as far as I'm concerned.

If we were going to live together, it'd be different. I have a strict no smoking in my apartment policy. I will not budge on that, lol.

• Lol that's an interesting term.I see those types all the time,almost the perfect guy except the fact that he smoke! I usually loose interest though,Good Luck

• Yes I would! I'm not a pot smoker myself, though. I actually know a few hardworking pot smokers. The guy I'm currently interested in smokes pot. He has a job and is really nice. He's just so awesome! He's such a calm guy, kind of like me. I would definitely date him if he liked me back. I wouldn't try to change him though. I met him that way so I just have to accept him. I think its very selfish to change people. I'm not perfect either.

I don't think pot smoking is a deal breaker, unless he was one of those who does nothing but smoke, meaning he doesn't work, or go to college. Basically, someone who is doing nothing with their life but smoke pot. I wouldn't give that kind of guy a chance. by the way, I have nothing against pot. I don't care who smokes or who doesn't. but I am curious to know what would happen if I did smoke. I am already extremely calm and laid back. I don't know what would happen if I tried it. ha ha :D

• Yeah I would date them. I 'm also a weed smoker and I fully support that. I prefer to date guys who smoke instead of squares who don't. I find stoners to be much less uptight, more open minded and all around better people on average.

• I don't think people realize what it does! When I get stoned (if I have nothing to do) I sit there and think about EVERYTHING!

• I even study while stoned and have written term papers on them (and gotten As).

• Me too! I write every exam stoned and I get a better mark because I'm not scared!

• I don't have a problem with people who smoke pot but I don't think I could date someone who smoked A Lot.

Occassionally, Yes. I like the smell from time to time but I have really bad asthma and it bothers me. I'm sure that there are many people with asthma that smoke but, I don't like the effect it has on me.

I wouldn't try to change them so, I'd walk away

• Good call in not attempting to change them!

• : )

• Yep. But you're preaching to the choir haha, I've met a lot of people who smoke pot but you would never guess they do.