My ex says only time will tell if our breakup was for the best or not?

We broke up a month ago. He did it and shocked me. We were together a year. He did it in a text and still has never called but we text mainly talking about what happened. Me asking him and him telling me why he did it. He never gives me a straight answer. Just stuff like things happen. Or he can't think of a reason. Tonight he says" I don't know why things happened the way they did but they did. can't do anything about it things just didn't work out. Sometimes its for the best only time will tell"

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he just lost interest in the relationship & sometimes we just don't know why we lose feelings for someone. I would strongly suggest going no contact for a while to see if he misses you or comes to the conclusion on if he did the right thing. He'll either want to reconcile when he realizes you are gone or you both go your own ways. Sometimes things aren't meant to be.

What Guys Said 2

• Either he has lost interest and it is a wrap... or he found someone else and has put you on back order in case she sucks. That is my honest opinion as hard to absorb as it may be.

Best of luck.

• Well he's right. Only time will tell.

What Girls Said 2

• He's sugarcoating the fact that he doesn't want a relationship with you. For whatever reason, he thinks it isn't right, and it doesn't really matter why, does it? It's time to move on.

• Something might have gone wrong so he felt the need to break it off but you should lay it out on the table otherwise it wouldn't be fair for your side.