He postponed our date - Should I follow up first?

I am generally quite reserved, but when I want something or someone, I am quite bold. I was flirting with a beautiful man (younger than me) and all was going well. We were due to go out 2 nights ago and he postponed it regretfully (reason seemed legit). I have been supportive of his position and... Show More

He postponed due to family trauma (sounded legit) but did not set another day. to go out. He said he'll be in touch when he's next free. I understand he may have wanted to blow me off, but it does not make sense. Why was he so into going out in the morning of the date and then suddenyl changes his mind? That is was frustrates me most. We had spoken about authenticity and if he wanted to get out of it, I wish he had just been straight with me.
Re: family trauama -- It actually wasn't a generalised statement he made to me. I'm holding off the details to protect privacy.
SMSed him yesterday over something I was excited about... and he send me a casual "yeh that's cool. well done" message this morning. I'm beginning to feel he's completely inexperienced or a complete player. WTF. Seriously. I'm so over this BS.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he flaked. The reason of "family trauma" is a very generalized statement that could be sensitive enough to have you not probe for more info yet serious sounding enough that you would understand and not be too let down regardless of what you had planned. I mean how selfish would you seem to not care about his family situation and were still pissed you weren't going out. I think using that reason is a trump card that keeps you from asking a lot of questions.

I would keep a very loose line of contact and see if he brings up the date later. If you work with him you don't want to have some falling out and some everlasting awkwardness at work. Makes for a rotten every day situation.

Wishing you the best.

• MEOW. problem sorted. he and I caught up, chatted over everything and things a gooooood now!

• congrats! That is nice to hear.