Girlfriend changed her phone text settings suspicious act or not?

My girlfriend changed her text settings on her phone just before Xmas. She went away to see parents for a week and when she came back her text setting were changed so basically I couldn't see the messages pop up on screen saying what it said. And just before this she changed her pin lock and I noticed she did and asked her why she gave a crappy excuse. Then changed it back.

We split up before reason I heard rumours that she got with another guy so I went through her phone and found a conversation on her phone between friends about her saying se fancied some guy and she denied kissing him.

Her current actions are bringing back the past, making me think why is she changing her settings. I already said to why she changed her settings she first said when she was back at her parents she didn't want her mum see the conversations between her friends. But she's being home before and never changed her settings before. Now she's changed her story saying there's private conversations between her friends which she does want me to see.

However she tells me everyday how much she loves me which I believe her. She cooks, irons and does shopping for me. These actions say to me that she's making an effort and doing small things which matter.

Do I do the following:

1.do I tell her about my concerns

2. Am I being paranoid

3. Don't say anything and just be more vigilant

What Girls Said 1

• I am going to say that she has another guy or she is talking to another guy. There is no other reason why she would change her text setting and put a lock on her phone. She does not want you to go through her phone again and find something out that she is trying to hide.

I would ask her about it. It bothers you for a reason. Talk to her about why it bothers you.

If you keep asking her, she will most likely change her reasons why she has a phone lock on stuff.

The only reason I would put a lock on my phone or change my text settings is so my boyfriend couldn't see something I was doing or what I have done and that I knew would hurt him or us. That is why I do not put myself in those type of situations. In a relationship both people should be open and there shouldn't be anything to hide, even if it is a conversation between her and her friends.

Also, if the lock and text settings were on because she was at her parents, she is back now; they should be off.

• That's my view exactly we should be open and honest. I said this to her but she keeps saying the privacy thing between her friends an stuff. I said to her if I came across a private message her friends she would need to trust me to keep between us and I would need to trust her if she came across a message of mine, that's what's a relationship is about. But she disagrees this with me which gives me some concern

• I hate to say it but to me it seems like something is going on. One of my friends in college did this to her boyfriend and she was talking to another guy. She did not want to get rid of her current boyfriend just incase things did not really work with the guy she was talking to.

What Guys Said 1

• "We split up before reason I heard rumours that she got with another guy so I went through her phone and found a conversation on her phone between friends about her saying se fancied some guy and she denied kissing him."

and you're still with her.

moron.