Should texting go both ways ?

I have been seeing this girl now for a month I like her. I'm usually texting her first should I let text me first. Do you think texting should go both ways ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Every relationship is different. Some girls are raised to think that they shouldn't initiate. It's a cultural thing. This does cause problems though, as the guy could take this as lack of interest. Do you know how she was raised?

People make too big a deal about texting, I think. For some, they don't even think to do it unless they really need to get a hold of someone & calling didn't work. The only time I think it would be a problem if she didn't initiate was if she normally did, but with you, she never did. Do you know her regular communication style? Is her level of attraction to you what you're worried about? If she's responding then I wouldn't worry about it.

The only time to worry about it is if for some reason she started treating you differently than what was normal/average for her. Example: She (initiates) texts everyone but you, she stopped responding to your texts, etc.

• Yea I guess it is kinda silly I know she's interested it would just be nice if she let me know she was thinking about me to by contacting me first.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, I don't really initiate with a guy unless I have already decided I like him. (sounds weird, but I'm weird lol)

The reason I don't initiate is because I don't really care if I talk to him or not. If I like the guy I actually care, so I'll make the effort. But not all girls are like me.

• I reckon both sides should intiate texting,it should not be all one person just making the effort as it's just unfair.

What Guys Said 3

• I say no. Text her along as she seems responsive to your messages. Don't be over aggressive about it and you will be fine.

• Yes. She should learn to make an effort else she shud knw no guy put up with such a attitude.

• if you initiate most of the time that's not a big deal but she has to initiate at times too unless you wake up before her in the morning every time and start with a good morning

• Yeah I agree with that 100%