Is it a sin to kiss the same gender?

So say I was to kiss a girl... Tho it meant nothing and I have a boyfriend is it sinning? I'm Christian... I'm just a bit confused...

I haven't kissed anyone else! Clearing that up! It was a complete example!

Most Helpful Guy

• As a Christian, you should ask yourself what the Bible says about it.

What Guys Said 13

• Well. It depends on quite a lot you see.

Nobody can really give a straight answer, 1000 years ago it would have been sin clear and simple because the bible is word of god. Now, its a bit muddier because the bible is more of a way of showing the messages god taught through jesus rather than his exact words or historical fact. Which then leads to the perspective of it being open to interpretation, something which will change from person to person.

Even before all that it depends on what one of the over 2000 sects of christianity you follow. I mean where can you even draw the line as far as sinning through homosexuality is concerned? Sex? Kissing? Thoughts? Dreams?

Personally I think its all f***ing stupid. Although in this situation, something I find rather comical is you being worried about sinning by kissing another girl, not sinning by cheating.

Ps: if there is a god I severely doubt he gives two sh*ts about who and what you kiss.

• God refers to homosexual behavior as an "abomination" which falls somewhat short of a full endorsement.

• Technically, it is a sin to even IMAGINE kissing anyone.

However, those "sins" were made by the church. the only real sins are those mentioned in the 10 commandments. Nowhere is "homosexuality = bad" located in there.

• No, it's not. Haters gonna hate.

• Yes it is...going purely based on Biblical scripture, any type of non-heterosexual act or action of lust/attraction is a sin.

I am prepared to get many down-votes because the majority on GaG absolutely despise Christianity.

• Don't listen to the church, what ever they tell you.

• Girls kissing girls is harmless.. and I've never heard that in the Bible would be written anything against it

• Romans 1:26, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones."

Kissing? It wouldn't really count, I think. Though lesbian sex is counted as a "shameful lust" in the Bible.

• Do you, as a Christian, feel that homosexuality is wrong? One would think so, but Christians have a tendency to be completely hypocritical about their beliefs. If it feels good to them (like you kissing another girl or having copious amounts of sexual partners), it's overlooked.

The worst thing about this is that you have a boyfriend. Why are you kissing other people? I don't think you are mature enough for a relationship.

• Hell and damnation for you AND the girl you kissed AND Katy Perry!

• I personally believe it is, but we are all sinners.

• No but you probably just gave every guy on here a huge hard on

• If you believe homosexuality is a sin, them you know your answer. The way I see it, it doesn't hurt anyone so where's the problem? All that matters if whether you would feel OK with it tomorrow ... 10 years from now.

What Girls Said 11

• The bible says that being with the same sex is wrong. Here are some bible verses that talk about homosexuality. one Corinthians 6:9-10 and Leviticus 20:13

Now let me say this.. I don't think God will send gay people to hell if they are good people and good Christians. I honestly believe the bible is a little outdated. The bible says a lot of things are wrong, things that we do daily. It tells us not to judge. It says that God is the only one who can judge, which is why we can't say wether gay people go to heaven or not.

• YES it is. GOD created a man and woman to be together for sexual satisfaction but above all for procreation of the human race. If a man and a man are together can you see them having a kid that hasn't been adopted or been made through surrogacy. NO right. I suppose it would be OK for a man and man to be together if they could have a kid. Yet they can't so religiously its a sin. Morally its wrong. I know we're humans and we can't help who we like. But yeah we can at least try to refrain from feelings that lead us towards sin. Many religions agree on the fact homosexuality is a big NO-NO.

Most of this is my own opinion so I don't know what others have to say.

• Well yes, you are cheating by kissing that other person.

I don't think it's wrong just because she is a she but because she is someone who is not your current partner that makes it wrong.

Stay monogamous if your boyfriend isn't into an open relationship.

• I honestly can't wrap my head around that. I mean I know people like to experiment and whatnot. I also have no problem with homosexuals at all. But I am very much attracted to men and have NEVER felt the desire to kiss a female in my entire life. Though if Fergie came up and laid one on me I might not fight too much, but anyone else not really. In fact the thought of a female creeps me out. But like I said I LOVE me some men parts.

• It's not really sinning but it is cheating.

• honestly, I would be a little bothered if my boyfriend was kissing anyone except me...

• Is it a sin to rape women? Is it a sin to sell your daughter as a sex slave? Is it a sin to have slaves? Not according to the bible.. I think whatever feels right to you is what you should do.

• And here we have an example of how the primitive species of homo sapians maintain their primitive life style by reading and believing the most primitive of writings.

• Biblically speaking? Yes. You cheated on your boyfriend (aldultry) and engaged in homosexuality (sin) so yeah.

• I don't think that the kissing would be a sin by itself (keep in mind, I've done it. But I like girls). But I'd hate to be the girl you were kissing, and find out it meant nothing to you, and that you had a boyfriend. Why do you want to kiss her if it means nothing? Why do you want to kiss her if you're straight, as the "I have a boyfriend" implies?

• I don't think cheating is good, but two girls making out is no different than a guy and a girl making out. Straight, gay, bisexual, whatever . I don't think any of those are "wrong".

• Then what's wrong with having sex with your dad, or brother?

• The fact that you even ask that question is disturbing.