He texted me right after the first date but nothing since. Will there be a second?

I met this guy at a party and traded number. He texted me three times the next day before I even responded. He invited me to a holiday party but I declined because I had other plans. I asked to get drinks sometime instead and he suggested we get lunch and made concrete plans for last Thursday. The date went amazing. It felt like 5 minutes had passed. He seemed like he was having equally as much fun. He paid. He asked what I was doing that weekend and I mentioned some plans with girl friends. He mentioned he was going out of town. When we left he asked to hang out the next week. He ask texted twice not even 30 minutes after the date to say I was really cool and that he had fun. He also texted again bringing up a joke we made. I didn't respond till the next night because I completely missed the text. I haven't heard from him since though.. The date was last Thursday.. It is not the following Thursday. Is he a lost cause? I had so much fun, would love a second date but I'm so used to "If a guy likes you he will make it happen." He is also about 8 years older than me. What to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely sounds weird. I would understand him waiting a few days to text you after you didn't text back for a day, but a whole week seems bizarre. I would just shoot him another text and if he's interested he'll reply

What Guys Said 3

• maybe him saying you were really cool meant the date didn't go well and that was all he could think of idk. guys are strange just like girls, maybe his out of town thing was for another girl. Cannot really say much without knowing more. It sucks but id move on, waiting forever for someone will not make them come back. maybe your day to text back scared him off idk

• Don´t relay on your "If a guy likes you he will make it happen" theory, all guys are different... I would guess that he is waiting for you to text him to see if you´re still interested...

• Maybe he really something else to do. Just text him. Call him. Ask him what he's doing.

What Girls Said 1

• i would jsut try and tlalk to him and see what happened.