Body types of guys you would/wouldn't date?

link

Rank them in order of most appealing to least appealing, and feel free to put a dividing line to types you would date and the types you simply wouldn't be attracted to. (Hey, everybody has types, nothing wrong with that).

An adding a poll to see your top pick. (only 5 choices so I'll go with ones that look similar)

• Skinny
    13% (22)6% (10)9% (32)Vote
  • Ottermode
    37% (64)38% (64)38% (128)Vote
  • Athletic
    20% (35)26% (44)23% (79)Vote
  • Chubby fat
    10% (17)12% (21)11% (38)Vote
  • Bearmode
    20% (34)18% (29)19% (63)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|4
58|15

Most Helpful Girl

• Skinnyfat (dead sexy in my opinion)

Skinny (looks almost the same as skinnyfat, probably has gorgeous backbones)

Chubbyfat (this came forth after I completely fell in love with Stepher fry and realized that I love that wonderful gay man)

Ottermode (so okay, it is sometimes fun to feel that six back in my hands)

Builtfat (hidden muscles that come forth when you tickle them? Cutes thing EVER)

Bearmode (I think Till Lindeman is similar to this, and I would definitely not kick him out of my bed!)

Athletic (Meh... Nice to look at some times, but to me it is often just meh.), build(too much for me. Way, way too much...)

Fat as fatass (Reminds me too much of my father. At an older age, it goes, fine, not every one stays on the chubbyfat size, but at this point in life, it reminds me too much of my dad so no...)

Bodybuilder (No. Just. No.)

I love skinny guys, but I always feel like THEY might not like me, because I'm build big. Not meaning I'm hugely fat (a few extra pounds with big t*ts) but people say that my body's structure does make me look a bit... Bigger. Like if you shove me, I would not move. Bump in to me and you will be the one falling down. If you know Miranda Hart, I'm similar to her in body time (well, not as TALL as she is but still...) meaning her body is a bit intimidating towards men because she seems... Big. And I think that would turn off most "skinny" guys from me. They would look smaller and skinnier compared to me, and what man would want that? So I'm left with gazing at them from across the bar while they dance with the smaller girls and spin them around easily, while I would probably just stomp them into the ground with my clumsy feet.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 57

• I mean, personality is bigger than physical appearance for me. An average to slightly funny looking guy can be attractive if he is passionate about something, kind, and confident.

If I'm thinking objectively about my past physical attractions, the face is actually really important. You don't have to be a supermodel, but a nice face is attractive on a guy. As for hair, it doesn't really matter as long as it looks like you wash it and get it cut/managed in some way.

In response to your initial question about body type, I'm not one to refuse a six pack, but it's not a necessity. My boyfriend is quite thin, but his personality makes up for it, and honestly, when you're physically close to someone, it doesn't really matter what they look like. You're not necessarily looking so much as feeling a warm body next to you.

And as a side note, sometimes a guy can be TOO good looking. If a guy is ridiculously fit, I feel like I would judge my own body super harshly, haha. And it's super unattractive when a guy is OCD about his health (crazy diet fads and needing to work out to look good as opposed to just feel good mentally and physically).

PS wtf is ottermode?

0|0
    0|0
  • least favorite to favourite

1. skinny - don't like guys as little as me, not a deal breaker just my least favourite

2. fat 'fatass' - I don't mind chub as long as it isn't morbid obesity

3. body builder - eww

4. ottermode

5. built - too muscled for me

6. skinny fat

7. athletic

8. chubby fat

9. built fat & bear mode both my favorite types

1|1
    0|1
  • Ottermode is definitely my favorite -- I think being fit with just a little bit of muscle is perfect. I also really like skinny and skinnyfat, though. Athletic is okay, although distinct six pacs like that tend to make me pre-judge a guy by assuming he’s just another meathead who’s really into himself. The rest of them are equally unattractive to me.

1.) Ottermode

2.) Skinnyfat

3.) Skinny

4.) Athletic

0|1
    0|0
  • Ottermode, skinny, skinnyfat, athletic, builtfat, chubfat, bearmode, fat as fatass, built, body builder.

That's the order.

0|2
    0|0
  • 1. Builtfat

2. Ottermode

3. Athletic

4. Bearmode

5. Built

6. Skinnyfat

7. Bodybuilder

8. Skinny

9. Chubbyfat

10. Fat as fatass

I don't find 7-10 particularly attractive... That being said, I've dated super-skinny guys and obese guys, and wanted to rip their clothes off regardless of the fact that, in retrospect, they weren't stereotypically good-looking. It's amazing how much your physical perception of someone changes based on other factors of attraction (personality, scent, touch, etc.).

0|2
    0|1
  • Although I'm hot for a few celebrities who have the abs and chests and such, I'm really mostly attracted to the face... But my ideal body type would be something like chubbyfat, skinnyfat, builtfat... Nothing unhealthy, but nothing super skinny either (which I guess could also be unhealthy).

0|2
    0|1
  • 1. Athletic

2. Skinny

3.Ottermode

4.Builtfat

5. Built

6. Skinny fat

No longer attracted to at all (but I would give them a chance)

7. Bearmode

8. Body builder

9. Chubby fat (but not with chest hair)

10. Fat as fatass

2|1
    1|2
    • Typical 16 year old.

• Show All
    • She maybe be honest but females are hypocrites.

• Yeah, we are. Just like guys... And your point is?

I never said that I wasn't a hypocrite nor did I say guys... Until now

• I prefer ottermode. My boyfriend is exactly like this: link

1. Ottermode

2. Athletic

3. Chubby fat

4. Skinny

5. Bearmode.

0|1
    1|1
  • I like skinny tall guys :P

Ottermode? Do you want your guy to look like an otter? 0.0

1|3
    0|0
  • I would date athletic and chubby fat, in general I love tall guys who are a little chubby and definitely wouldn't date skinny.

0|0
    0|0
  • In order from most attractive to least attractive:

Attracted to: skinny, skinnyfat, chubbyfat, ottermode, athletic

Not attracted to: builtfat, bearmode, fat, built, bodybuilder

0|2
    0|1
  • For me, it's a tie between ottermode and builtfat. Then athletic, bearmode, skinnyfat, skinny. The rest is just no. I kind of have a problem with athletic already, because the veins and muscles look pretty creepy... but it's acceptable, I guess.

0|0
    0|1
  • 1. athletic

2. ottermode

3. built

4. skinny

the rest are all equally unappealing (bear mode, built fat, skinny fat, chubby fat, fatass, bodybuilder) and undatable

1|1
    0|2
  • least favorite to favourite

1. skinny - Ew. I like being the small one in the relationsjip

2. fat 'fatass' - on par with skinny

3. body builder

4. ottermode

5. built

6. skinny fat

7. Chubby fat

8. Bear mode

9. athletic

10. built fat

0|3
    0|1
  • too fat or too skinny or too short (under 5"4)

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Ottermode

2. Athletic

3. Builtfat

4. Skinnyfat

5. Skinny

All others I will not even consider...

0|1
    0|2
  • 1 athletic

2ottermode

3skinny

0|0
    0|0
  • I like chubby guys mainly but I'm not too picky as far as I don't want to be able to get lost in your fat and I don't like washboard abs or someone who's too muscular. I like guys who are soft like teddy bears with an equally soft heart.

0|2
    0|0
  • For me, first to last:

1. Bearmode

2. Builtfat

3. Athletic

4. Built

5. Bodybuilder

6. Ottermode

7. Skinnyfat

8. Chubbyfat

9. Skinny (would not date a guy with this body)

10. Fat as Fatass (DEFINITELY would not date under any circumstances)

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful, but it really depends on the person for me...their personality and other physical features. I'd say for the most part, I'm attracted to men who are tall and strong...muscular but not too muscular, a little bit of a gut doesn't hurt anything. I don't know how else to describe it other than "manly" looking men...rugged maybe. I've liked skinny guys before though, even though I was a little insecure, because they were smaller than me. The guy I've been with for the last few years and my first real boyfriend is a big guy. He's got a lot of muscle, but he's also got a lot of fat over that muscle. I think he looks great though. I can honestly say there's not a single thing I would change about his appearance. Whether or not that's because I love him, I'll never know, but I don't think that part is what matters. It's all about personal preference, and personality plays a lot into how attractive I find someone, no doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't see the order, but to be totally honest, the only body type I wouldn't date is someone who is clearly overweight. It comes off as being sloppy and careless about your appearance and due to the growing amount of overweight people who have managed to get their weight down so that they are healthy and confident so I KNOW it's possible. There's no excuse.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like skinny tall guys, or tall built-but-still-thin-ish. Built is good. I don't like guys with "a little extra" or chubby or really fat. I couldn't date a really fat guy. I really just couldn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • From most to least appealing:

- Ottermode

- Athletic

- Builtfat

- Skinnyfat

- Skinny

- Built

- Chubbyfat

- Bearmode

- Bodybuilder

- Fat as fatass

I will only date the first 3. I'm sorry, but I can't date a guy who's arms are skinnier than mine.

1|0
    0|1
  • 1 - Ottermode

2 - Athletic

3 - Skinny Fat

4 - Built Fat

5 - Built

I'm not really attracted to guys on either end of the spectrum - either really muscled and athletic - or really overweight

0|0
    0|0
  • Skinny and ottermode are my favorites honestly.

otherwise, athletic, skinny fat, built fat, or a little chubby is okay.

NO to built or heavy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I swear I came across this question before...Ottermode is nice

1) otter mode

2) Athletic

3) Built fat

4) Built

5) Bear Mode

6) Skinny

7) Skinny fat

8) body builder

9) Chubby fat

10) Fat as, Fatass

0|1
    0|2
  • Would date: (perfect - good enough for me)

Athletic

Ottermode

Skinny

Skinny fat

Built fat

Wouldn't date: (too much - oh no not for me)

Built

Cubby fat

Bearmode

Bodybuilder

Fatass

0|0
    0|0
  • 1. Ottermode

2. Skinnyfat

3. Builtfat

4. Athletic

5. Bearmode

6. Chubbyfat

7. Skinny

8 - 10 (and so not my type - therefore not datable ;) ) built, fat as fatass, bodybuilder

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Ottermode - Datable

2. Athletic - Datable

3. Builtfat - Datable

4. Skinny fat - Datable

5. Skinny

6. Bearmode

7. Built

8.Chubby fat

9. Bodybuilder

10. Fat as fatass

0|0
    0|0
  • Builtfat

Ottermode

Bearmode

Athletic

Built

-----------------------------

Skinnyfat

Chubbyfat

Skinny

BodyBuilder

Fatasfatass

*Personality is still more important.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 15

• that diagram has been posted here before and is stupid.

"Builtfat" guy isn't even fat. He probably has ~15% body fat. Built and Bodybuilder are near-identical.

In fact, most of these diagrams vary to some degree, so there is a small degree of arbitrariness to it all. The terms are OK, but usually the the pics associated with some of them seem fallacious.

1|3
    0|1
  • Holy sh*t there's a lot of stuck up females on here. I'm shaking my head in disbelief because I'm always hearing and reading questions/answers from females saying looks and body type don't matter to them. What a joke. If any guy would of said he wouldn't date an overweight girl he would be the biggest jerk on earth. Can someone say double standard? Bunch of hypocrites.

0|8
    6|1
    • Chill. Not all girls would call that guy a jerk. Lots of women see red when guys make weight comments because they've seen too many of those same guys who say "oh I like skinny girls" go around and call heavier girls "whales" and other awful things. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with having a *personal* preference, BOTH guys and girls. There IS something wrong with being a d***/bitch and making other people feel bad because they don't meet your preferences.

• Show All
    • @CottonCandydreams and that's putting it nicely.

• Amen brother.

• Most women will say Ottermode, and then athletic as a second. It's funny a lot of guys think they need to be buff to impress women, yet many women find hulk-like muscles excessive.

2|5
    0|0
    • exactly! too much muscle doesn't look good at all. anything beyond athletic is too much.

• Show All
    • you can never have too much muscle :P live strong!

• The heck is ottermode and bearmode?

1|2
    0|0
  • I'm sort of a built-fat/athletic hybrid. My girlfriend likes it but many women don't. Most girls want the wimpy skinny or ottermode guys instead. It is tough being a man amongst boys.

0|3
    1|1
  • Skinny 16%
    Ottermode 31%
    Athletic 27%
    -------------
    TOTAL 74%

So the vast majority, about 3/4 of women prefer thin men (excluding skinnyfat but im sure it's higher in preference than thicker ones). Sure the sample size is not a big one, but why it still sounds to me like something I expected? I have heard so many times how women prefer boyish bodies over something we consider manly (I do not mean fat by that). I find it pretty fascinating because I feel like men have wider taste when it comes to women. Sure some like thin but there are a lot who like really thick too. Most will prefer something in between. Maybe there is a poll somewhere calling bs on my hunch and I have just not seen one yet since I found this site like 5 mins ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still retain hope that one day I can build enough muscle to be ottermode.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your body hardly matters as long as you aren't massively under or over weight.

Face and height are vastly more important.

Girls won't f*** you if they think you are too ugly or too short, a six pack or large biceps won't change that.

1|3
    0|0
    • BUT BUT what if you have a nice personality sense of humor and confident? Surely those things are what women want and not body types! -_-

• It's funny because in college I was pure BUILT (5'9", weighed 210, ran 2 miles in 12:50), just chiseled as all f***... and now that I'm older I look just like BUILTFAT from this chart and I get WAY more attention / looks from girls.

As a guy you wouldn't think it but girls seem to love big large and burly muscular types. it's strange (although looking at results in this question seems to be pretty accurate among the female-types)

0|0
    2|0
  • I wonder where id be in this.

I am 6'2, 240lbs, so about 35lbs overweight.

But I am very strong, and have broad shoulders and a muscular frame.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think it's about whether you're strong or not. I think it's 100% about what your look is. You might be muscular, but if it's covered in fat and you LOOK overweight, then that's what matters to women in terms of attraction. I know somebody who is 6'1 205, looks in shape, so I'm betting you probably look chubbyfat, but with some weight loss (25-30lbs) you'd look built fat. Obviously this is just a guess.

• To all the women who said looks and body type doesn't matter for dating just having confidence sense of humor and personality... LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I promise they will date those types they listed with or without those traits (preferably with)

I see a lot of familiar names who said looks don't matter too.

Straight up shallow hypocrites. (YOU ALL KNOW WHICH ARROW TO CLICK)

andddddddd go!

0|1
    1|0
  • Good luck getting any honest responses. All the women are gonna say either average, fat etc but deep down that ain't true.

0|0
    4|2
    • That's not true, all these answers seem pretty honest to me.

• Show All
    • QA, you're right on the money with your last comment

• Like I said the QA is nothing but an ass kisser. I rest my case.

• I'm not a low class whore who has to judge everything by some external factor. I will date any body type because I actually care about partner rather than just being some cheap skank looking sex.

0|1
    2|1
    • That's because you have no appreciation of the sign of health that a woman's body is. Healthy individuals trust their instincts which are ingrained into them by their ancestor's reasoning and people against this are either rated poorly or are following a degenerate trend.

As if it were impossible to find a beautiful woman with a great personality.

• But you won't marry a non-virgin. You do judge things on an external factor. I just read your list of 24 things she may be a slut, or some title like that. You say you care about your partner but you said so yourself you'd refuse to marry a woman if she wasn't a virgin. And if you're so against women having premarital sex and people having premarital sex in general why are you having it? AND you do know that by being immoral and sleeping around with women you're tainting a future wife!

• +1 for women with good taste!

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm chubbyfat right now, working towards builtfat. Hopefully builtfat is datable for most girls.

0|0
    0|0