Guys, what do you think of girls calling you "hon" while texting or talking?

I text with my guy friend sometimes (I also really like him) and sometimes but not often I will call him "hon" while texting. I don't know how he takes it he never tells me not to call him that or even says anything about it so you think he's OK with me calling him that? If it bothered him would he say something or just let it go? I am hoping he likes me too and that it is a good sign that he lets me call him that. In person I am not quite as flirty with words I don't know if I could call him that to his face.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls call amost everyone 'hon'. That was common in times past; you see it in movies from the 50's all the time.

He probably takes it as casual thing, as people did back then, so it wouldn't bother him any more than you calling him 'handsome.'

And I think you could also say it to his face; he'd still just consider it a casual way to address him, much like a nickname.

What Guys Said 9

• That's a tough one.

Often when I hear someone call me "hon", I feel like she is talking down to me/doesn't respect me, like I'm small or childish in her eyes. To me it would say we are in totally different worlds.

But if it were in the context of an established relationship where "honey" is a mutual nickname, it would be different and normal.

Over text it would be difficult to tell and confusing.

• I know a friend's mom, who calls everyone "honey".

I would say, some women do that, and I don't think it's too much of a big deal.

If your friend hasn't said anything, then there's no need to assume that anything is wrong. You'll be fine.

• Totally depends on the girl's style and personality. For some girls it's just a way of being friendly and congenial.. I'd have to take into account the way she used it in a sentence and I'd probably have noticed if she used the word toward other people as well.. It's quite a lot more neutral a word than something like "babe" or "sweety".

• He may not read into that much. You can still try for him and see if likes you more than a friend too, but that doesn't mean much. I've had some girls call me hon or darling without any intentions so I quit reading into it. I mean that doesn't keep me from trying but it's just that it doesn't really mean much.

• If he hasn't said anything, ask him. It doesn't seem like that big a deal to ask if he does or doesn't like to be called by a pet name.

• Its phony.

Ignore all that texting.

Its confusing at best.Unless you're direct with it.

No flirting either.

Just because someone doesn't think it is offending doesn't mean it isn't.

• I've called my past girlfriends honey before.

• I don't think you should worry about that...if he doesn't say anything then it must be fine ;)

• you may just have to ask him we are all different.

i don't care if mine call me that or any like that

What Girls Said 0