If two people are on a first date and the woman picks up the tab, even when the guy tries to do it himself and she insists, what does that mean?
- Nothing necessarily / Inconclusive (e.g. she has cash to burn or feels like bucking the trend)53% (49)36% (21)47% (70)Vote
- She really likes him (e.g. trying to be helpful any way she can)22% (20)17% (10)20% (30)Vote
- She doesn't like him (e.g. she is extending a courtesy)8% (7)14% (8)10% (15)Vote
- Other (specify in the comments)17% (16)33% (19)23% (35)Vote
* Assume the guy arranged the date, and
* The woman picked up the entire tab, not just her own.
Most Helpful Girl
I always insist on going dutch. With that I want to show him that I'm a girl who doesn't believe in any of that nonsense that men always have to pay, etc. That I believe in equality, and since women are emancipated today, that also means that we also have to pay and I'm willing to pay. Also shows him that I'm not a gold digger, only in it for the free food/drinks.
If the guy insists, then I'll let him take the bill, but the next one is mine and I won't take no for an answer. Then we'll take turns.
But I never offer to take the entire bill on a first date. 2 reasons: 1) I don't actually have that kind of money (yet)! haha.. 2) I don't want to make the guy feel emasculated or something. I'm not the power-driven woman who likes to take control of everything and show it off.9