Is kissing supposed to feel weird at first?

I just recently had my first kiss and it felt really weird. Way different than I expected.

I mean..I kissed my parents when I was a kid. I guess I was expecting it to be more dry.

It felt kind-of wet and his mouth was open during it. Is his mouth supposed to be open? Is it supposed to feel wet? Is it bad if I wipe the wetness off? I feel so awkward asking these questions..

Forgot to add...are you really supposed to have this "magical" feeling when you kiss? I didn't feel anything like that. But I know that I love my boyfriend very much. The kiss just felt weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• My first ever open mouth kiss was awful. I didn't know what to do. I had my mouth open hoping he would guide me through it but I have a feeling he was nearly as inexperienced as I was. I found that I had to take control if I wanted to have a great kiss. I have felt this "magical" feeling while kissing someone before and he felt it to because afterward we were just like "wow we haven't kissed like that in a while".

Kissing new guys for me is usually not great at first but you sometimes need a little while to get used to the way he kisses and try and take control and guide him. Kissing is ALWAYS wet ha ha but recently I figured out if I control his mouth with mine it usually doesn't end up so messy and sloppy. Haha Not sure how guys feel about girls taking charge but it defiantly works for me.

• Also, try practicing on the back of your hand. Yes both your mouths need to be open but when it feels right you will completely understand. Its so hard to expain

What Guys Said 1

• You should definitely NOT expect it to be like kissing your parents :D

When the chemistry is right, you will definitely have all your nerves tingling, but I don't suggest thinking in terms of "should" or "supposed to". First kisses, especially first open mouth kisses, are almost always awkward, and I'd say the first several kisses with a new person will have a degree of awkwardness until you get a groove with the other person.

What Girls Said 2

• No, no "magical" feeling... that's a made up fantasy. haha

And that all sounds about right... you will learn to like it ;)

• it was terrible lol