Crush ignores me since I accidentally rejected him. HELP?

I'm going to try to sum this up as best as I can.

Basically, this guy had a crush on me since high school, but I didn't realize that until a few years being out of school. I saw him at a bar and kind of pushed him away out of nervousness, but I added him on Facebook and messaged him inviting him to come hang out at a bar but he never responded.

I saw him at a party a few weeks after inviting him and he came over and mentioned it but had no real explanation of why he didn't respond back. Me being the nervous person I am, brushed it off and gave him a handshake, not realizing I was rejecting any communication from him.

Since then, every party I've been to over the last two or three years (we have the same group of friends), I find him usually hanging around the area i'm at, but never "acknowledges" me. The last party at a bar I went to, I was literally standing right behind him as while he was sitting by the bar and I saw his friend observing me from time to time, but he wouldn't look back.

I feel bad, because I'm still really interested in him, but I feel like I really messed up any chances in talking to him again. I really need some advice on how to break the ice.

Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Invite to do something together. Coffee, a drink, brunch, etc. Or just approach him the next time you see him. Just be aware that he may have moved on and might have a girlfriend or talking to another girl. But even if he is, there is nothing wrong with trying to form a friendship that could possibly lead to more.

What Guys Said 4

• Seems like after rejecting him you are still expecting him to make the first move.

Sorry, but the ball is in your court now.

• Try talking to him, I think that he still likes but he would need a way in, depends on how hurt he is

• do he has any GF or are you in any previous relationship which he may knows

What Girls Said 1

• Party? Dress your sexiest, make him notice you. If that doesn't make him approach you, then something you two you have in common, you can mention. (If the two of you love a band, you can ask him if he has tickets when they come into town next month or whatnot)

Or you can quit beating around the bush and give both of y'all clarity of this situation! Just be honest and straight up about everything