Is 19 and 23 too big of an age difference?

So I like this guy and he seems to be interested in me, but I am 19 and he is 23. We are both adults, but is this too much of an age gap? Or do you think this doesn't matter? (I'm turning 20 in 3 months anyway).

Most Helpful Guy

• What's a wicked normal age gap. I dated an 18 year old when I was 26, that was a little ill advised. Good kid, but I was over the "woooo, I'm soooo wasted!" phase. Once you hit 21 its pretty much all fair game anyway. Where my girlfriend is from it was considered a faux pas to ever date a guy less than 5 years older than you, and social suicide to date a guy younger than you. So at 22 everyone was dating 40 year olds and shit. I need to move to NYC in five years I guess, haha.

What Guys Said 9

• Not a problem.I've backed off a bit lately, and I'm currently looking at a 14 year difference.At times it's been 20 years or more.

I think a good age is 1/2 the man's age plus 7 years.Anything older than that is quite reasonable and respectable.
    23/2 + 7 = 18.5
    You're safe by at least 6 months.

• No that's pretty typical

• No, how about 16 and 21?

• Nope, not at all.

• honestly no. you 2 are legal. so your good

• Its not much of a big gap but maybe below 17 might be

• Nah its fine. Thats not big of a gap

• Thats a perfectly fine age gap

• Not at all.
    Me and my friends have a rule: your age +7

What Girls Said 5

• As long as you're on the same level maturity wise, it shouldn't be a problem.
    I'm 19 soon to be 20 and my boyfriend is 22 going to be 23 in a few months and it's never been a problem.

• No, that's a reasonable age gap.

• No. There is nothing wrong with that age gap.

• Nope, why would that be a big gap? It's reasonable.

• I don't think that's a big gap at all