The Nostalgia Files: Nickelodeon Daze Part 1 (TV Shows)

Hey guys! So as I was at watching TV with some of the kids I nanny last night, it got me thinking about some of the old TV shows that I used to watch when I was younger. They really don't make shows like they used to. So I decided to talk about some of my favorites from back then. And because there's so much, I decided to make it a series! Pull up a chair and let's go down memory lane (well some of us lol)!

The Secret World of Alex Mack

This was definitely one of.my favorite shows on Nickelodeon. I had all of the books too. I used to be obsessed with having special powers as a kid lol. I would wish and hope that I'd get splashed by chemicals and magically turn into a puddle. I had a big imagination and thus show just fed that.

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I don't know why, but this show used to really scare me lol. It didn't me from watching it faithfully though. My favorite episode was the one with Tia and Tamera Mowry and chameleon. And to answer the question, yes! I'm afraid of the dark!

Clarissa Explains It All

I used to watch this show mainly for all her cool outfits. I also thought it was cool that her best friend never used the front door to come in, but climbed a ladder to her window lol.

All That

This was probably my favorite show on Nickelodeon. I would be in front of my TV faithfully watching every week. My favorite segments were "Ask Ashley", the one with Pizza Face, and of course the Goodburger skits. It's so weird to see these actors and actresses now knowing that they got their start on this show.

Kenan and Kel

I think this was the first spinoff from All That which was cool with me because these were 2 of my favorites characters from that show. To this day I can't see or buy a bottle of orange soda without stopping and saying "who loves orange soda!" really loud lol.

There are a few honorable mentions that I used to watch too, just not as often:

• Salute Your Shorts
  • The Adventures of Pete and Pete
  • My Brother and Me

I hope you guys enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. It's always fun to remember the more carefree days when life was a bit less complicated! Be on the lookout for part 2!

As always, stay classy GaGers! See you guys on the threads! 😎 ✌ ❤

76
CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, I LOVE Kenan & Kel!!! It's one of my favourite shows! :D :) "Who lovessss orange soda?" Lol.
    And I really like Are you afraid of the dark, it's one of the coolest shows even. I never missed an episode of it :)

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• I was in college and frequently babysat my niece when a lot of these were out. She LOVED Clarissa Explains It All. We watched it ad nauseum. Naaa! naaa! na! na! naaah!

• Of these I remember all but Alex Mack and of the ones I remember Clarissa wasn't from watching just cause it existed. The others I liked.

• You don't remember Alex Mack? That show was awesome. She got splashed by some chemicals on her way home and they gave her powers. But she had to hide them because the people that the chemicals belonged to wanted to capture her. Lol it was awesome.

• Although I had nickelodeon I have never seen any of these.

• Daymn you brought up some memories especially with kenan and kel

• Just know Kenan and Kel, it was funny to watch

• How do you not know All That? Such a funny show.

• Maybe over here it wasn't on tv?

by the way how abuut te bookclub?

• I didn't forget, actually in the process of getting a Take together for it. Be on the lookout for it tomorrow

What Girls Said 6