The effect of watching cat videos online

Many people enjoy watching cat videos on website like YouTube but why exactly??

A cat can have a calming effect on us, we already knew that, but now we know that even watching them on the internet has a positive effect on us. Jessic Gall Myrick from the Indiana University Media School has discovered that a session of watching cat videos gives us a energy boost and help sus to be more positive.

The people who joined this research said that they had less negative emotions like fear, sadness en annoymeent after watching cats online. They had more important things to do, then watching cats online, but the good feeling they got was more important then their guilt they felt because of their procrastination.

This research also made clear that people who watch cat’s online are nicer persons. On a personality test they scored high on things like kindness, reliability and the ability to work together. Who were clasified as frequent watcher of cat videos had more often a high score on shyness.

Hope you have enjoyed this!

vekin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• Its ironic because I just watched Regular Show and it was an episode about cat videos driving you clinically insane

• This take is pointless and boring. I hate domestic cats

• I watch cat + toddler/baby videos.
    Lol, it makes me want to get one for myself!

• "The people who joined this research said that they had less negative emotions like fear, sadness en annoymeent after watching cats online."

No... I feel very much the opposite of that whenever I do, especially after watching the last 15 seconds of that video. 🙈

What Guys Said 8

• Very true take but I am one of those grumpy souls who say "In moderation please".

• Lol those tiger miniatures..

• Nice take i love cats. They are sooooooo cute.

• The internet was invented solely for sharing cat videos and pictures. History books say it was invented by the military, but it was really just invented to share videos of military cats.

• I love cats. Somehow, they touch my heart in a positive way.

• that's adorable

• I love watching cat videos. They make me happy when I am sad and they make me even more happy when I am happy to. To all those that hate cats so much remember they are the world's most popular pet and it is said that cats have a good affect on human health. Cats have so much to offer, those that hate cats don't know how to socialise with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PBFMECvTE

• I watch cat videos they are funny!