Iconic TV Shows

You know - the ones we all know and love. =)

Worldwide famous - not talking about just one country...

Buffy

Iconic TV Shows

A young girl, destined to slay vampires, demons and other infernal creatures, deals with her life fighting evil, with the help of her friends.

Friends

Follows the lives of six 20-something friends living in Manhattan.

Blackadder

In the Middle Ages, Prince Edmund the Black Adder constantly schemes and endeavors to seize the crown from his father and brother.

Seinfeld

The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld and his equally neurotic New York friends.

Red Dwarf

The adventures of the last human alive and his friends, stranded three million years into deep space on the mining ship Red Dwarf.

Lost

The survivors of a plane crash are forced to work together in order to survive on a seemingly deserted tropical island.

The Office

The story of an office that faces closure when the company decides to downsize its branches. A documentary film crew follow staff and the manager Brent as they continue their daily lives.

Game Of Thrones

Several noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.

Arrested Development

Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable.

Breaking Bad

A chemistry teacher diagnosed with terminal lung cancer teams up with his former student to cook and sell crystal meth.

Dexter

A Miami police forensics expert moonlights as a serial killer of criminals whom he believes have escaped justice.

P.S.

If there are any others - and I'm sure there are - please comment down below. =)

1621
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like most of them, but I've never heard of "The Office" and "Arrested Development", and I kinda dislike Breaking Bad.
    Buffy, Game of Thrones and Blackadder are my favorites here.
    Lost, Seinfeld and Red Dwarf are close second, whilst Dexter and Friends are third (I've grouped them because it's hard to decide between such great tv shows) :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice Take! I have seen and enjoyed all of these, even Red Dwarf. A British friend of mine showed me a bunch of tv shows he used to watch, they were pretty good.

I would say Star Trek series is widely known (not everyone enjoys them maybe, but they are super popular all over the world). Even my European relatives can easily identify some characters.

South Park, Twin Peaks, The Simpsons, Mad Men, The Sapranos, Cheers, Married... with Children, Roseanne, Sex & the City, Full House, Family Matters, I LoveLucy, and the X-Files might also be considered. :)

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 20

• seinfeld and breaking bad are the only ones listed that i ever watched. the sopranos and married... with children should be there and probably the simpsons as well although i'm not the hugest fan of that show. the walking dead is getting near icon status too.

• Iconic? Lol, eleven shows listed and I never heard of four of those. Four more I've heard of but never seen. Two of the ones I've seen, I've never seen an entire show. Seinfeld is the only one I've seen several shows. Obviously I'm not much of a TV watcher. :P

• Oh, I meant of my generation... xD

• Are you saying I'm old? OK, if you don't I will. I'm old. :)

On top of that I've gone many years in my life when I didn't even own a TV. Like now I don't have one and haven't watched a minute of TV in at least 4-5 years.

Some of those shows are fairly old though. I was watching some TV then, but just never watched those shows. I haven't watched much prime time stuff since probably the late 60s or early 70s.

• In terms of school/teen shows, The O. C. , One Tree Hill, Dawsons Creek, Saved By The Bell, 90210. In terms of medical themed shows E. R. and Nip/Tuck, Scrubs. In terms of magic or the paranormal, Charmed, Angel (Which unlike many I preferred to Buffy), Sabrina the Teenage Witch. For superheroes the original Batman series and Wonder Woman series would be up there as for something more modern i'd say Smallville since at it's peak it was huge plus it's a great show.

Something more niche like anime series Dragonball Z, Deathnote and I guess we could say Pokemon although people are picky about it being labelled anime. For American comedy series, Cheers, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, 3rd Rock from the Sun, That 70's Show. For American comedy cartoons, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy and I know a lot of people would say South Park although I never really got into it despite enjoying the film. Series with 'The Hoff' Baywatch and Knight Rider. Crime series Miami Vice, Starsky and Hutch.

Basically there are a ton!

• Iconic is probably the correct word there - They have all crossed international borders but within each genre you would have contenders sci fi you would have the Star Trek franchises, in crime CSI franchises, Law and Order franchises , NCIS - Comedy probably before your time but Cheers would have been huge then more up to date Two And A Half Men (especially Charlie Sheen era) - Drama 24, Homeland and old one Twin Peaks and finally kids you cannot deny the impact Barney made worldwide.

• Ahhhh Buffy, was a great show. Funnily enough though, from about Season 4 onwards I couldn't stand Buffy herself :D

I've also met Spike (James Marsters) andGlory (Claire Kramer) in real life, and unfortunately, Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter) too!

• What was Spike like? =)

Why unfortunately Cordelia? xD

• James was awesome, really cool guy :D

Charmisa well... lets just say the Cordelia bitch act is not acting. It's not just me, most of the people at the convention complained about her, and the staff as well!

• Damn... o. O

Oh, I knew there was a reason I always loved Spike. =)

• i think game of thrones is honestly having a much more wider cultural impact on the world that shows like friends or buffy the vampire slayer. i mean it may be due to luck of the draw, being an A list tv show airing in social media age, but you take a look at all the discussions that have spawned just from just the episodes we've seen so far, on issues like rape, politics, class warfare, feminism... its clearly got a much more captivated audience than those other shows. I mean when was the last time anyone had a deeply ideological conversation about the last episode of buffy?

• I had one - last night. :P

Well Game of Thrones is there... so... no complaints.

• Never heard about Blackadder & Buffy.
    Loved Breaking Bad, Dexter, Friends & Game of Thrones.
    Rest of shows are planned &...

... the remaining one... best of all...

media0.giphy.com/media/13AHIZGzBvogqA/giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ePtveH8.gif

• Yeah I know all those shows. But a big missed one is doctor who.

• RED DWARF. Honestly one of the funniest shows I've seen yet.
    GAG needs more RD:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1GsI8ZlH_M

• Thank you for putting Buffy at the top of the list!
    I've heard of all of them, but haven't watched most of them.

• Happy Days
    Addams Family
    Family Ties
    Prisoner
    The Practice
    Monsters
    Bewitched
    Doctor Who

Look for Wentworth- amazing show

• Never heared about Red Dwarf, The Office and the Arrested Development...

Indeed there are many more like the A-team, Knightrider, Magyver... nice childhood memories

• You missed desperate housewives, supernatural and The vampire diaries

• Great taste...
    Mad respect for Arrested Development.
    Tobias Funke's business cards when he was an Analrapist still bring me to tears

• Buffy the vampier slayer <3 one of my favorites. There is also Angel.

• Whatever you mean by "iconic shows", Firefly should definitely be among them.

• Star Trek and doctor who

• LOST!!!
    LOSTT!!!

LOOOOSSSTTTTTTTTTT

I clicked on this know it would be here :D

Besides that I suppose the Walking Dead could stand to be on here

• Nip/Tuck, Friday Night Lights, The Sopranos maybeee Entourage

• Two and a half men
    the big bang theory
    friends
    how i met your mother

What Girls Said 15

• Cool tv shows, I like them all except for "Breaking Bad". I would also add "Married with Children", "The X Files", and "The Walking Dead" :D

• I love Game Of Thrones, Buffy, Dexter, Lost, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Seinfeld and Friends <3
    I don't like Breaking Bad...
    I've never watched The Office and Arrested Development, what are they like?

• The Office and Arrested Development have this dry nutty humor - and they're amazing. =)
      Try checking them out on youtube and see if you like them.

• Ok, I will, thanks :D

• And Star Trek...
    Battlestar Galactica...
    Doctor Who...
    Supernatural...
    I wanna say HIMYM is as iconic as FRIENDS.
    Can we do cartoons and anime? Cuz then you got like, Spiderman, Xmen, Batman, Loony Tunes, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, not to mention all the anime I could list as well. ;T

• I can't understand why anyone got into Buffy. Isn't Angel and Buffy the same thing? Seinfield and friends are so overrated and I'm wondering if I should watch Dexter. I saw the first episode and found it exceptionally corny. However it got to like 6-10 seasons? Breaking Bad has not got enough credit in my opionon of the general audience it was truly an amazing show. I was still a youngster when I watched Lost but the ending was beautiful. The rest not into and I watched some episodes of first and second season and honestly, I condemn it to hell. I wish you put Supernatural in, certainly beats 90% of those shows, or even Arrow or Under The Dome or TWD... I should pay more attention to studying 😀

• Yay for Friends, GOT, and Dexter! I'm actually playing the game lol it's called Dexter: Hidden Darkness. A hidden objects game. If you like Dexter you should try it! It has some nice complicated plots that are not a copy of either the books or the show. Complete original stories, and no dumb ones either like the case with Criminal Case.

Lol sorry for geeking out

• Buffy and Blackadder.

I really really really hate Red Dwarf and the Office... Everyone loves them but I really don't like them.

• So I got bored the other day and started watching Seinfeld from episode 1! Such a funny show and it's hilarious to see the old fashions lol. Friends will always be one of my favorites too.

• I miss Seinfeld. They don't play the reruns anymore.

• I really liked Buffy !❤❤❤

• i've only seen a few of those shows and i didn't like them.

i liked gossip girl and 90210

• The ones I 've watched are the 2 first. Many of them I haven't even heard of

• I never heard of red dwarf or blackadder

• Two and a half men
      Big Bang theory
      Will and Grace
      Married with children
      The X files
      CSI Miami
      Little House on the Prarie
      Lizzie McGuire

• Breaking bad ı only watch and really like

• Friends! <3