Yeah, Nerds Can be Manly: 7 of the Hottest Male Nerds Ever

Nerds can be Manly, Seven different Manly Nerds

There are some people on this site who honestly think that being a nerd means you are unmanly. Now this is of course bullshit but to prove it here are eight famous nerds who are manlier than any of us.

1. Christopher Lee

Now many of you probably only know Christopher Lee from his film appearances of which he has many. He is also a huge Lord of the Rings fan and reads it every year.

Now what many of you don't know is that he was a stone cold badass

"I've seen many men die right in front of me - so many in fact that I've become almost hardened to it. Having seen the worst that human beings can do to each other, the results of torture, mutilation and seeing someone blown to pieces by a bomb, you develop a kind of shell. But you had to. You had to. Otherwise we would never have won."

-Christopher Lee, discussing his service in World War II

You see Christopher Lee wasn't just in the Military, CHRISTOPHER LEE WAS IN THE SPECIAL FORCES DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR.

He was in the Long Range Desert Patrol (the Forerunner to the SAS) and then transfered into the SOE (Sort of a British wartime CIA) In the lord of the Rings films when his character is stabbed by Grima Wormtongue The Director Peter Jackson wanted him to scream, Christopher Lee responded, Have you any idea what kind of noise happens when somebody's stabbed in the back?" Lee said he asked Jackson. "Because I do." Then he proceeded to talk about his Service in WW2.

2. Vin Diesel

This action movie star is absolutely ripped yet he is also a giant nerd.

How nerdy is Vin Diesel, Not only does he play Dungeons and Dragons one of the tattoos he wore in the movie xXx was the name of his freaking character. He plays loads of video games and actually has his own video game company.

3. Samuel L. Jackson

This really should not be a surprise to people but Mr. L. Jackson is a massive nerd. He reads Manga and Comic books. He plays EVE online. He is also such a big star wars fan that he actually ASKED to be in them.

4. Ben Affleck

Ben Affleck famous actor is also a huge nerd. Not only did he play dungeons and dragons but he is also a huge comic book fan and jumped at the chance to play daredevil, (Not his fault the movie sucked)

5. Nathan Fillion

Honestly this one should come at a surprise to absolutely no one but Nathan Fillion is a massive nerd. He loves video games and voices more than one character in Halo.

6. JFK

John F. Kennedy was a HUGE fan of the James Bond books . From Russia with Love was selected as the second Bond film because Kennedy listed it in his top 10 favorite books. It was the last film he'd ever see.

One of the most highly regarded presidents and well known womanizer (He had an open marriage) was a nerd.

7. Steve Swanson

Really all astronauts are nerds but Mr. Swanson is such a huge fan of the TV series Firefly (See Nathan Fillion Above.) that he had a copy brought up to the ISS. However I will point out that Astronaut is one of if not the Manliest profession out there and IT IS DONE EXCLUSIVELY BY NERDS.

So yeah, Nerds can be manly, Nerds are awesome and again we run the world.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 16

• Love this take! Interesting about each ine being into those things.

• Nerds are cute... Matthew Gubler as another 😍😍 example

• In other news, the sky is blue. Water is wet.

• Aren't nerds people with a high IQ? And smart overall? And succeeds in school - their intelligence shows.
    Not someome who likes games...

I'm confused here.

• It is a result of being a nerd. With academic prowess comes a love for strategy, hence why most nerds play D & D and other strategy games.

• @Sexualchrist Actual IQ tests are administed in person by someone who has been certified

• Mine was on the line

• Steve Swanson! Yay! Yup, astronauts have a nerd job

• Nerds are awesome, manly or not. #Nerd4lyfe

• Fucking Christopher Lee, dude <3

• This was really cool

• How can you talk about Christopher Lee's nerdiness and badassary without mentioning the medieval themed metal music videos he made for fun? They're online for free if nothing's changed since I last saw, and if you ask me I will take you to them.

• I dont havr to Google and can tell you 7 "jocks" who are manlier and hotter lol

• Manlier than an Astronaut or someone who was in both the special forces and intelligence during WW2

• Being in war doesn't effect manliness, I know guys who are marine but biggest pussies. And manly enough to have incredible strength enough to send a 300 pounder in brain trauma with one hiy

• Nathan Fillion ahhhhh I love him in Castle

• I don't think playing DnD or liking one book series makes you a nerdy person. Everyone is a nerd if reading a book can make you one.
    And of course actors like stories, isn't that part of why they like playing them?

• I don't mean to disagree, in fact I don't disagree, but most people don't read books outside of it being required for a class.

• @Miezko oh well, must be just me being a bigger nerd then :p

Im surrounded by smart people in university and their idea of a nerd might be slightly more extreme than that of other groups. To me a nerd is someone who enjoys doing "smart" things like reading, puzzling and studying and who doesn't socialize much.

• I agree with everything you said, playing dnd doesn't make you a nerd and neither does reading Dragon Lance books. I agree, I'm just saying most people don't read outside of school, that's all.

• gerat take

• Thank you! So many people don't get it!

• well.. i don't think playing video games and reading comic book considered as nerd

• this take is really hot

What Guys Said 10

• what's a nerd anyway? smart person? socially inept person? guy with narrow interests? etc.

• Nice list :D and yup it's true about Christopher Lee he was a commando during WW2 who did some pretty brutal things, in fact even now decades after the war and even still after his death, his military records about what he actually did during the war are still locked and classified.

• He was once asked about specifics of his military career by a reporter, Christopher Lee asked, "Can you keep a secret?"
      The reporter said, "Yes."
      Christopher Lee Responded, "So can I."

• Why is it that nerds are accepted when I've Finnish school?

We were once persecuted? Why?

• In this day a and age everyone likes video games, watches somekind of a cartoon, has some weird hobby so it doesn't make them a nerd, when i see someone who is obsessed with something, doesn't care about his appearance, has no social life and can't really function within a society that makes him/her a nerd for me

• You forgot Peter Parker, and he should n be number 1.

• Being nerdy is not really an insult anymore in 2016...

• I didn't know this lol great take

• They are NOT nerds! They are geeks.

Geeks love pop culture like TV, video games, movies, anime, etc. But real nerds actually contribute to society, like doctors, scientists, computer programmers, engineers, mathematicians, the President of the United States, etc.

Here are some real nerds who I can tell: Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Mark Zuckerberg, Barack Obama, etc. These are real nerds, as opposed to someone who just watches Marvel films.

• You forgot to mention arnold schwartzenager. Look at all of his movies, most common genre is scifi. He even helped produce Total Recall because they where going to scrap it but he loved it so much that he pushed for it to be made even using his own money to do it (also really brilliant business man as well). Good take, never understood the notion that being a nerd equaled being unmanly (most nerd things are centered around scifi and fantasy all of which involve either shooting horribly giant monsterous creatures in the face, or stabbing said creatures. really its actually very masculine centric when you think about it).

• None of the above mentioned are "nerds". Playing dungeons and dragons and being a gamer doesn't mean you're a nerd. Last time I checked, I thought being a nerd meant you were quite the intellect.