10 Badass Television Quotes

10. Boyd Crowder in Justifed

"Now, all the things you've done, the way you built your fortunes, it might make you criminals, but it don't make you outlaws. I am the outlaw, and this is my world, and my world has a high cost of living."

9. Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly

"Now, think real hard. You've been birddoggin' this township a while now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

8. Jack Bauer in 24

"The only reason that you’re conscious right now is because I don’t want to carry you."

7. Robert Leckie in The Pacific

"I Believe in Ammunition."

6. Tommy Shelby in Peaky Blinders

"I don’t pay for suits. My suits are on the house or the house burns down."

5. Ethan Talbot in Penny Dreadful

"Do you? Do you know what it is... to walk with someone's body tied around your neck for the rest of your goddamn life? Do you know what that is, little girl? Let me tell you about it. First time is hard. I'm sure you cried a bit, didn't you? Don't worry, that'll pass. Second time is easier. Third time, you don't blink. Then it's all just repetition. You don't cry anymore. You don't even remember when you used to cry. You're alive and they're dead. Fuck 'em!"

4. Jessica Jones in Jessica Jones

"You shoot at me, I’ll pull the bullet out of my ruined jacket and shove it up your ass with my pinky finger, and who do you think that’s gonna hurt more?"

3. Angel in Angel

"Ten to one, we're gone when the smoke clears. They will do everything in their power to destroy us. So... I need you to be sure. Power endures. We can't bring down the Senior Partners, but for one bright shiny moment we can show them that they don't own us!"

2. Michael Weston in Burn Notice

[narrating] "Every decent punk has a bulletproof door. But people forget walls are just plaster.
[Michael aims a handgun and homemade silencer at marked-out spots on the wall and fires]
Michael Westen: [narrating] Hopefully you get him with the first shot.
[Michael fires again. Sugar screams in pain]
Michael Westen: [narrating] Or the second."

Eliot in Leverage

"Look, hold a knife like this, cuts through an onion. Hold a knife like this, cuts through, like, eight Yakuza in four seconds. Screams, carnage."

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• 3d

perfecttt

• 28d

I laughed when I heard JJ say that phrase.

• 29d

I would have picked a Vanessa quote probably for PD but that's a good one I guess

• 29d

Ethan's my favorite,
      I like Werewolves, I like Gunslingers, and I like cowboys, and all three mixed together turned out pretty well

• 29d

Ethan was a good character but Vanessa is my bae. She's feminine and lovely but also dark af and twisty and weird and sad. I love her.

• 29d

Every line in firefly I'd brilliant.

What Guys Said 6

• 28d

I remember this one from Star Gate where the aliens come to the humans seeking help because they think that somoene with unorthodox thinking could solve a problem.

-So wait wait... why do you need our help?
    -Because we have evolved passed the point where we can think in such a crude and unsophisticated manner.
    -So you're essentially saying that you need somone more stupid than you to sovle this problem.
    -That is correct.

-Then you have come to the right place.

• 28d

Cool quotes, my favorites here are by Jessica Jones, Angel, Ethan Talbot and Malcolm Reynolds.

• 29d

Well, to these I add some not-badass-bu-still-awesome quotes...

"We start learning the minute we're born, Laura. And if we are wise we don't stop until the Lord calls us home."
    -Caroline Ingalls
    Little House on the Prairie

"Now Granny, there ain't none so wise who can't learn nothin' new."
    -Jeb Clamped
    The Beverly Hillbillies

"This thing you call... language though - most remarkable. You depend on it, for so very much. But is any one of you really its master?"
    -Mr. Spock
    Star Trek

"Are you deaf, too?"
    -Father Mulcahy (praying to God)
    M*A*S*H

That last quote *REALLY* struck home with me. I was raised a Catholic. I also attended my brother's Boy Scout meetings every Saturday night. His troop was specifically organized for kids with disabilities. I watched his friends struggle to do things like speak, move, and breathe. I attended funerals and watched parents sob as they buried their children. And the next morning I found myself in church praying to God while occasionally being interrupted with thoughts like "WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING, GOD?"

• 29d

Very enjoyable take - Certainly very badass

• 29d

"I love Halloween. The one time of year everyone wears a mask... not just me." - Dexter

• 29d

Cool!