I had sex with my best friend's frat brother now he hates me... Why??!

I have been best friends with a boy since I was in the 4th grade. Now that we've spent years getting to know each other, and become inseparable, I... Show More

My best friend just sent me a text yesterday saying, "I forgive you, TTYL." to which I responded, "Thank you, love you." and he responded "I love you too." So, things are off to a slow start, but I feel like our friendship can bounce back.

Most Helpful Opinion

• As weird as it sounds, this so called friend of yours is mentally manipulating you, not to say, mentally abusing you. If he is a best friend, why is he upset that you had sex with the frat brother? Is not like he is going to date you. If my best female friend has sex with a guy, why would it bother me? We are just friends, not romantic partners. So what I think your so call friend has been doing is, enjoying the power he has over you. And by that I mean that he knows you like him romantically, and thus, most likely, that's some type of ego booster for him; now that you had sex whit his frat brother, his ego is crushed. This is a bit hard to swallow maybe, but you don't need a guy like that. What type of best friend is going to 'dump' you just because you had sex with another guy? Now, if this guy was romantically involved with you, I could see why he is upset; the case is that he is not, so is all about his hurt ego. Dump his sorry ass, and you need to get a self esteem check.