My boyfriend doesn't answer his phone when he's out. Should I expect him to answer out of respect?

My boyfriend is very attentive and caring except when he's out with his friends. Sometimes I need to talk to him very quickly about something important and he doesn't answer the phone. I know he wants to spend time with his friends so I don't call often and if I do call I keep the conversation to a minute or less. It worries me that one day I could really need him or there could be an emergency and its impossible to get him to answer. Should I expect him to answer when I need him even though I know he's having guy time?

like once I was babysitting in this really big creepy huse and I felt kind of uncomfortable so I asked him before he went out to call me to say goodnight and he never did so I called him and he didn't answer. Another time I was helping him with some work he had to get done and there were some things I needed info about from him and I called just for a few quick questions and he didn't answer. I had worked over 2 hours on it for him and he couldn't even give me a 2 second phone call

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• When you NEED him. Not just for a chat. If you're texting him all of time, you're essentially just making a real-life example of "the 'girl' who cried wolf". If you want him to answer more quickly, call him more rarely. I wouldn't answer my phone to my Girlfriend if she called me too much when I was with my friends. It gets annoying.

What Guys Said 3

• ...not a good sign, imo

• Can you give examples of what you've called him about before?

• All right, there are a couple problems here. First, these aren't emergencies. You can't expect him to answer if it's an emergency if you call him with this other stuff. Second, you should tell him that he either needs to answer his phone--at least on nights he knows you're working on his work, or you will not help him with it again.

• like once I was babysitting in this really big creepy huse and I felt kind of uncomfortable so I asked him before he went out to call me to say goodnight and he never did so I called him and he didn't answer. Another time I was helping him with some work he had to get done and there were some things I needed info about from him and I called just for a few quick questions and he didn't answer. I had worked over 2 hours on it for him and he couldn't even give me a 2 second phone call.

• if it's an emergency, you could always text him with the specifics of the emergency.

What Girls Said 3

• Let's be honest, there really can't be that many occasions when you totally NEED to talk to him while he's out. I think you're probably being insecure and LOOK for reasons to call him (and probably call much more frequently than you admit to us and to yourself) and that is what annoys him and why he doesn't answer. Really, give him those few hours with his friends without trying to get in touch with him.

As for your worries about emergencies: you could always call someone else if there's an emergency. He isn't the only person on this planet.

• Some people think its rude to answer calls in another company

• Ok men are one track from my experience. When they out they out they will check their phone periodically but not by habit like we as women do. I always check my phone no matter where I am church, school, work, shopping, etc. Men not so much

• That's because men have their priorities straight. It's what happens in person that comes first and what happens via your mobile comes second. Periodically, and "by habit" are describing the same thing in this situation, haha. You either check your phone when you feel/hear it or periodically, to make sure you haven't missed any of the aforementioned. I'm sure both genders do that exactly alike.