10 Popular Fashion Trends You Think You Don't Like...But Really, You Do

I recently read this myTake and I had mixed feelings about it; there were parts I agreed with and parts I disagreed with. I'm only using 10 from their post that I thought were important to today's fashion. (I suggest you read their myTake first of 20 tends they dislike on women)

1. Afro Hair - Disagree

Even though this was a big fashion trend in the 70s then in the 90s - 00s I disagree slightly with their opinion. I think that Afro hair style looks good naturally on African American women. The author stated that they didn't like the style because of the "disco music trend" which got the Afro hair started with both men and women, and I agree. But I do like this hairstyle on African American women if it is a natural Afro.

2. Bandanna- Agree

I agree with the author on this one, bandannas are a no-go. They were popular around the 50's because of the "Rosie the Riveter" era. Now they just look like you are affiliated with a gang and well, that's not always a good thing. So basically unless your Tupac I wouldn't suggest bandannas as your accessory.

3. Beanies- Agree

When I see people with beanies I automatically get the vibe that they're a skater or someone along those lines, because those are the people I see most wearing them. This trend started in the 90's with the grunge style. Unless you're outside in 20-degree weather that's probably the only time it would be a good time to wear a beanie.

4. Red-Brown Lipstick - Agree

Now I'm not one for people wearing lipstick, but it has been very popular lately with the new "Kylie Jenner Lip Kits" that you can purchase. This was popular in the 90's which makes sense; it reminds me of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

5. Checkered Shirt - Disagree

I don't really think this is a bad trend because I personally think you can find a flannel to match with any outfit, you can make an outfit look grunge, or country, or whatever, it can add a pop of color or pattern to basic styles. This trend was popular with the grunge look in the 90's But like the author said you will look like a table cloth, I don't really see that unless you somehow wear it so it actually resembles a tablecloth. But now they are so popular that no one would think that unless you hate this trend.

6. Crocs- Disagree

Honestly, yes, Crocs are probably the ugliest shoes ever, but they are sooo convenient for everything. I have seen an increase in Crocs popularity, especially since they put a store in Times Square. These shoes are waterproof so if you are out and it's raining it would be better to wear then to get your nice shoes wet, or if you're outside and don't want to go barefoot they are great, even if they get dirty you can just rinse them off. No matter how unattractive these shoes are, they are honestly great for everything. I wouldn't make them your fashion statement but they are quick and easy shoes.

7. Fake Tan - Agree

I'm not sure why people would be into this other then the early Kim K . Like seriously.

8. Flower Crown - Disagree

These can be cute. The Tumblr girls wear them a lot with their beach wavy hair. Or if you're a flower girl in a wedding. I don't think this trend is a bad thing, but it can be monotonous seeing all the girls want to reach that hipster level and all wear flower crowns because "its in." All for that Boho Festival fashion like Vanessa Hudgens.

9. Long Dresses - Disagree

Maxi Dresses and sundresses are popular for summertime and I think they look good, as they give your body a "tall" figured look. Or prom...who doesn't like seeing your girl in a prom dress looking all pretty? Long dresses help form a women's body in many ways to make it look nice.

10. Thick Eyebrows - Disagree

I don't know how anyone in modern day can't like thick eyebrows. They are the main beauty essential nowadays; people pay to get makeup to fill in their brows or get them tattooed on. Eyebrows help complete your face; just imagine it if you didn't have eyebrows. Thick brows are important. The author said " you just look like a guy with long hair" but it's not a requirement to have thin brows if you're a girl. I understand dudes have big bushy eyebrows but girls keep them shaped. We don't look like dudes. Appreciate the thick brows!

(These aren't to go against what you wear they are just my opinions of someone else's opinions!)

ehalefashion is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 8

I really do like all of these except for crocs

Greetings from the author from the other MyTake. Thanks for the mention!

I really do like all of these except for crocs & fake tan.

I don't like any of these.

Honestly I hated that auththat take. It bashed on so many trends especially ones that are of natural women

Nope, I never liked fashion trends of any kind ;)

I have big thick eyebrows and bruhh let me tell you, you don't know the struggle, I hate them😂😂😂😱😱

I know for sure I hate crock and fake tans. If the lipstick is a combination of red and brown then yes I hate it. I do like red lipstick

What Girls Said 15

Unless it's cold, beanies are pointless.
    Fake tan and crocks - terrible. Everything else, I like on here. =)

Afro hair? I hated that one. My hair is naturally like that, so they want me to get rid of what is natural on me? ridiculous.

I like beanies, but yeah only cause the co-ordinate with the style of clothing I wear

i have always hated thick brows. i can't deny the fact that i have a strong aversion to bushy brows. and tans. it looks good on some, sometimes. wedding type flower crowns are ok. not a fan of the bohemian look.

even though crocs are ugly, but they are comfortable to wear...

Crocs need to go away and those furry shoes Selena was wearing in that picture.

Is it sad that I don't give a damn about fashion trends?

There are long dresses and then there is wearing your pajama to a social event like in the picture you posted.
    All of these are not even fashion at all, which is why I guess they were even mentioned. People wearing flannel shirts around their waist when they're fully dressed, lol. We used to do that in middle school when it was hot (so we would actually take the shirt off and just have it there for convenience) or to hide our butts... So yeah, very fashionable...

thats not a afro but curly hair lol. Im white and my hair is curly like hers

Afro hair is NOT a fashion trend.
    It's natural... we don't have any control on what grows out of our heads -_-
    Also, THAT IS NOT AN AFRO.

Curly hair and afro textured hair are two completely different things. Also, someone's natural hair isn't a trend. I swear there's too much freaking ignorance on things that aren't white.

"afro hair" then shows a picture of a girl without an afro...

I hate crocs, they are shoes to wear in the garden and nowhere else. Big bushy eyebrows are a hit or a miss. Some can pull it off and others can't. I personally will never do the bushy eyebrow look. Fake tans look bad especially if you come out looking like an oompa loompa. The beanie is another very silly look. Its 80 degrees and you have a winter hat on lol. I think todays idea of fashion is just lazy and unkept. Pluck your brows and get a real tan lol. And wear legit shoes!

What about wearing crocs on the beach it's the only place I've seen someone wearing them and me thinking that's a great idea. And there were mentions of doctors wearing them since they're so easily to sterilise.

Fake tans and crocs are just awful. Also that picture of Zendaya was not an afro.

Apparently crocs are fashion now