9 Hairstyles That I Love on Black Girls <3

One thing about us black girls is that our hair literally means everything to us. We've adopted so many hairtyles its insane, and we can rock them so effortlessly as well. As a black girl myself, I've wore my fair share of hairstyles over the years: From braids, to weaves, to natual hair, I've had many. So, I thought I would make a list of some hairstyles I absolutely love on dark girls and to teach you guys about some of the hairstyles we wear. Hope you enjoy!

Pixie cuts (“faded glory” haircut)

I think this absolutely amazing on some black girls, but only certain girls can pull it off. I would never get this style myself, but that doesn’t look good on others. I think it looks sleek and daring. This bold style looks especially good with angled eyebrows and a defined face.

Ghana braids (cornrows)

These braids originally come from the African country of Ghana. Another hairstyle that I love but would never get myself. The long, thick braids and braiding pattern can look great on certain black girls. I also love when they add the small gold accessories to them and they give them a sort of high-end flare.

I also love when they are in a bun, although you can’t keep them like this for long.

Goddess braids

I love love LOVE these, and they are also a great protective style if you don’t want to mess with your natural locs for a while. They look absolutely beautiful, and the name does this style some justice. Black girls look like absolute goddesses with these in.

Box braids

A 4-strand twist style that absolutely slays. I love these, and I had some myself when I was younger. I think these look great as well with gold accessories. They’re also easy to care for and can last a couple of weeks if you take care of them well.

Senegalese twists

As the name implies, the styles comes from the African country of Senegal. These are absolutely gorgeous, and the style that I have in at the moment. Unlike box braids, these are 2-strand twists that are usually worn long. They go with any look and are also easy to care for. However they are prone to unraveling since most people don’t do them tightly. I still love them though and think they look great on black women.

Short curly bobs

So, so cute! I love this natural hairstyle and I think it goes well on so many dark girls. It’s springy, bouncy, and simply adorable!

Havana twists

These are a bit like Senegalese twists, but bigger and are usually wore shorter. I think these are cute in a half up half down style and are very stylish.

Afro

Afros are gorgeous. Short, long, curly, wavy I love them all. Still trying to grow mine big and I envy girls who have a huge head of hair!

Afro Puffs

Cute and simple style that I adore. You can wear it in one huge puff or two. Low, or high. Half up or half down. I love this!

Annnnnd, that's the end of the take. I would add more styles but you can only add twenty pictures, and I wanted to add multiple for each to showcase the different types of styles. If this does well and you like this sort of take, then I will make a part two since there are MANY types of ethic hairstyles.

Thanks for reading! :) <3

#BlackGirlMagic

3725
RainbowFanGirl is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• No braids, twists, or weaves for me. I LOVE curly bobs and natural Afros, especially that one at the very top. Looking damn sexy.

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 24

• The one at the top is the best in my opinion.

• I didn't care for the "goddess" braids. I liked all the others though. I actually prefer silky straight black hair, though I realize very few black girls can pull it off. In that case, I'm fine with medium-cut, mostly-straight frazzle hair with no braids. (The "cavewoman" look.)

If she looks like a cave-dwelling savage on the outside, but has the mind of a true intellectual on the inside, it's hard to say no.

If she's got heavenly braids, but a mind of mush, my interest will quickly go elsewhere.

• This Take was mainly focused on ethnic hairstyles and I didn't include straightened hairstyles or weaves on purpose. :)

• @Derpyy my hair grows just fine. :P My black friend has hair down to her butt. It's the same with any race: don't take care of your hair and you will suffer the consequences. Not just black people. -.-

• I'm just saying that I've seen it more in blacks than other races.

• Yep. Great styles. Ghana braids and Box braids are my favorite out of these. And tying them in a bun is great for sure. Lots of things you can do with your hair.

• All women are stunning but a black womans hair is such a turn on

the fuzzywuzzy aspect is way cool

• Black girls are so attractive.

• The first one is my favorite!

• I think afros and twist out styles are really beautiful. All those twists can look nice too.

• Girls look really good with any type of twists. Also the little short and curly bob pouffs are really attractive

A close Second is the second pic with buzzed up sides. Funky monkey. If she has sharp features that would be solid

• Ghana braids

God yes.

• The girl with Senegalese twists and the girl in the first pic is very beautiful!!

• The bobs are are great!

• I like the dues.

• first one

• Afros are the best!

• Beautiful pics :)

• I like:

Ghana braids (cornrows)

Box braids

Senegalese twists

Havana twists

• I like the braids 😍

• Afro Puffs, bitch stole my hair style ( kidding ) but seriously I do have an Afro when it gets longer, makes me wonder if I don't have some black genetics hiding deep in the recess of my genetic history.

• I like fro's and afro puffs (my fav).

• http://i.imgur.com/c732z.gif

yeah they look pretty cool very unique style with a lot of them :)

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 36

• That second woman -- with the short / pixie cut + undercut -- is just SO much fuck yeah.
    Wow.

• Is your hair like that Red? :)

• ahah I don't have such a severe undercut. My hair is only that short near the very bottom... it's blended going up toward the top. Don't have any severe or distinct lines, like that... although who knows what I might try •__________•

The top of my hair is actually somewhat like hers, now that you mention it. Although mine is more like the whole "Marilyn curls" look, unless I go nuts with the straightener.

• Anything curly or twisty to me is amazing!

• 5|0
  • Dang a lot of these are pretty, but im such a plain jane that i just get a perm and put my hair up in a ponytail/bun. Weave/braids looks pretty but its not something i really want to try. The natural hairstyle afro stuff i a nono for me, but these girls wear it pretty

• Finally a take about black women that actually includes black women instead of grouping 99 mixed girls and 1 black lol.

All of these hairstyles are so pretty. My faves on black women are the box braids, the curly bobs especially, and the puff.

• Mixed girls are black girls (if infact they're half black) If you're referring to hair texture is all varies.

• @QueenBeeJay It depends on the Puerto Rican. In my case my mother is white and Native, but a lot of Puerto Ricans do have black in them, as you've stated. There's some Puerto Ricans who have Asian in them, are just white or are just black.

• Yeah. My moms part black.

• These are allllll gorgeous, I haven't tried any hairstyles out tbh cept natural and straightened. I was always barred from when my sisters went to get their hair braided or whatever because my hair is too limp and thin (whereas they have thick hair thats curlier). I love goddess locs like @fiestyblackwidow posted 😍😍😍

• Girl I think u would look cute with them TBH haha

• I try and make it look thick haha but I will look into it, I think braids are cute af too and would do them if they don't cost too much

• Yeah they don't cost that much to get installed 😂 See if there are salons in your area that work with ethnic hair. The African ladies do them the best ❤️

• I have had all these hairstyles except for the havana twists they look amazing I'm going to try those out. Also goddess locs they look amazing but not sure if I want to get them. Nice pictures:)
    cdn-img.essence.com/.../eva400.jpg

• I'm planning on doing my hair the exact same under short curly bob ( the second picture, before my birthday in March, but it will be maroon because I always wanted to dye my hair maroon.

• Those hairstyles look good on these women. I don't think I would look good with these styles tho and I wear wigs but I guess its time for me to try some new styles. I don't like changing my hairstyles but if I would try a new style, it would definitely be the Sanegalese twist. I would live to try Ghana braids but my forehead is to big for that lol. They rocked those hairstyles really well.

• I've never been a fan of braids or twist. Hairstylist love to abuse clients by over tightening them. 😡

• These are beautiful and I love seeing pride taken in natural hair♡♡♡♡♡

• I love short curly bobs! <3

• Senegalese twists and box braids are soooo gorgeous. The women look like goddesses.

• I love all of these hairstyles. Especially the Ghana braids.

• I don't like 3,4,67,8,17 (picture numbers)

Just personal opinion!

• All of these hairstyles are so cute but I don't think braids look good on me. I try twistouts on my hair and I'm waiting on the day they come out looking like those.

• I loved Senegalese twists

• All are gorgeous, all beautiful photos of women too <3 wow!

• They're all very pretty ^^

• I love them all 😍

• More from Girls
    16