Be Comfortable In Your Own Body

So many women(and men) are so self conscience with their physical appearance. We blame society yet we are society, we choose what is beautiful in our eyes and what isn't.

In the 1930's and 50's, being skinny wasn't attractive....the thigh gaps that we all want so badly nowadays, was what people were trying to get rid of back then. Be Comfortable In Your Own Body

Curvy was (and still is) sexy.

Skinny is sexy as well.

ALL men think differently about what they find attractive in a woman....but really let's be honest..WHO CARES WHAT A MAN THINKS OF YOU

THIS IS YOUR BODY, YOUR IMAGE, YOUR SKIN, THIS IS YOU!!

If he thinks you need to lose weight or gain weight... You dump 120 pounds of him to the curb. LOL

take Marilyn Monroe for an example....she was the ideal woman and the sex symbol back then. Men loved her and her body type. They never considered her overweight or fat...No. She was curvy and something men were attracted to. Nowadays we would honestly consider her chubby or overweight, it's sad but true in today's world.

You look in magazines, social media, and Tv for the "new look" and what people look like because we are all guilty of some type of change to our style because of a celebrity (their hair, clothes, makeup, etc.) We need to stop looking at other people and comparing ourselves to them to try to find a sense of acceptance in our own image....I'm guilty of this as well.

I'm not saying skinny women aren't attractive at all...I'm merely stating that ALL women should be comfortable in their own body and not try to change their weight just so a guy might take a double glance at them. It's just sad to see women look at themselves and think i'm not pretty enough/he'll never like me because I don't have the thigh gap/ etc. We as women need to own our images whether it be curvy, skinny, overeight, whatever! *((Religious statement coming up ))* We are beautiful and made in the eyes of the Lord himself and we are all beautiful. We don't need ANYONE to tell us differently. So own how you look and rock the skin you are in because confience is beuatiful and so are you! Have an amazing day and know you are loved and beautiful just the way you are.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know if this article was inspired by personal experiences or what. But here's what gets me. Take yourself for example I saw your picture and you are perfect and I couldn't find a imperfection in you if I looked at it all day and then some and what a guy like me wouldn't do for a girl that looks like you. But girls like you on the other hand think negatively about them selves and I think it has to do with them picking the wrong guys. Guys that make them feel insecure about them selves whether it's caused from guys that turn out to be players or ladies man guys that have had a pampered life with girls falling at their feet. I think if girls were more open in the same way guys are they would have much less insecurities.

• Thank you for that! I'm very flattered and think you are right. It's because of the guys we choose as well and we try to look our best for them and to some guys you aren't attractive and to some you are. Some just want a girl to say he has one and some wouldn't change anything about you. But we still try to look good for our guys so they won't stray but some are lucky to have a guy who wouldn't care if had a little bit of cellulite or not

• You're welcome! And you're right with attracting because if someone guy or girl it doesn't matter if they aren't attracted to someone then it wouldn't be fair to either to lead someone on faking attraction and it's pointless to do. But attraction on the other hand it can't be controlled either it's either there or not though some times it takes more time to form. Also faking things about ones self to attract others is only good until the means of faking it have ran out and isn't available to them. And then some things that are of popular opinion of attraction can be very misleading such as the misconception of cellulite such as I myself I actually think a little cellulite in some places on a girl can be attractive and I know I'm not the only guy on the planet that thinks so. Sure be as healthy as you can but don't go getting ridiculous with it. Some times less equals more or more equals less depending but what every you're doing, it's working great so don't change a thing! :)

• OK I'm just going to lay it out. Guys are attracted to fit, slim women. Heavy girls can talk them selves up all they want, or say society shouldn't blah blah blah. Oh thigh gaps are hottt.

• Yes every girl is beautiful. Good effort.
    But they should care if they are overweight & thigh gaps are not good. (for health purposes)

• @Broadwaystar Well said, the world would be a much better place if we were all more comfortable with ourselves and not as worried about what "society" thinks of us.

What Girls Said 2

• Many people (especially women) feel insecure because of their appearances, and it's a tough, tough thing... We are living in a prison called "what people think". I am one of those people who care so much about what others think and it's been causing me self esteem issues and a huge lack of confidence. I look around, all my friends are skinny, lively, confident... especially my best friend. Teachers, friends, guys... they're all into her, they all wanna be around her all the time... why? Is because she's pretty, skinny, blond, sweet and confident? I hate it when I keep comparing my self to her, telling myself over and over that If I lost a few pounds and bought new clothes, I'd look a lot prettier than she does. I hate it when I look in the mirror and say to myself :"this fat body doesn't deserve this pretty face"... I'm the kind of girl who doesn't like to show off, I never wear revealing clothes, I don't wear makeup, I try my best to look as simple as I possibly can. I've never said this to anyone before, and I never will... I just had to let it out. I hate to admit it, but yes, I am jealous of my best friend, I love her, I'd sacrifice my life for her, so does she... but I sometimes feel that I also deserve the amount of attention she gets... All I want is to STOP CARING about people's opinions, I have many other issues that are making me even less confident (shyness, blushing, fears...) I wanna overcome all this, I wanna love myself too. I wanna be HAPPY...

• I never got thigh gaps anyway.