• Ask
  • myTake

Does being called very pretty mean you're not beautiful?

I get called very pretty quite often. I know it's a compliment, but I've heard that it usually means the girl is really pretty, but not beautiful or... Show More

Well I do think that very pretty can mean beautiful, but I've heard a few guys say that very pretty is not the same thing as beautiful. So that's why I asked. lol

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think you're way over-thinking it. It's a compliment, simple as that. If you still get called beautiful, I don't see why it even matters.Plenty of girls would be happy to just hear that they're "very pretty"--why question it?

What Guys Said 2

• very pretty = Beautiful. don't worry babe you're fine. (fine also=beautiful)

• did you seriously ask that haha its the same thing

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. It is the same thing. not a big deal

• You are overthinking it. but at the same time, I get where you're coming from lol. I am happy to get called any of those things, but WHO says them matters most. besides, I also think you make yourself beautiful to others. Example- none of my friends are anything like what a stranger would call beautiful. but, having known them, seen them through all kinds of things, and had them see me through, I consider them the most beautiful people I've ever seen. it all depends on your perspective.