Are knee-high socks slutty?

So today I wore a long sleeve floral top with a black skater skirt and knee-high black socks... I thought the outfit was really cute & it didn't seem provocative at all... I've always dressed really classy! But my french teacher kept like looking at my legs with a look of disappointment and I noticed people were looking at me a lot more than usual... Especially my legs... And one girl said "aren't you cold in that outfit.." ... I know its fall but i wore the socks to keep me warm!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sexy yes, slutty no. Maybe they looked because they were jealous of you... Who knows?
    Just wear them and don't mind their opinions

What Guys Said 10

• well technically they're covering more lol.

• Sexy but not slutty. Wear what you feel most comfortable in. You have your own style.

• Are you talking below the knee, or over the knee?

• Knee highs socks aren't slutty... don't listen to those ppl.

• They can be, it's probably because it's fall (Or Autumn here in the UK!), people think you're dressing that way to provoke people rather than just dressing up.

• i don't think that's slutty at all. i reckon its cute too obviously they don't have an awesome sense of fashion like you.

• They have my vote alongside knee high boots there not slutty just sexy as hell

• Doesn't sound slutty to be at all. Sounds like a lovely outfit.

• Totally hot. Dont mind the others they can't admit that you're hotter than them

• They're not slutty, I mean don't they cover most of your legs anyway? They're a nice look.

What Girls Said 4

• No they aren't slutty. They are just socks! Don't worry about it. As long as your skirt was of an appropriate length no harm done.

• they were just wondering why you're not cold..

• No you weren't slutty. I wear outfits like that all the time. Its just at school, there are people who see a bit of your legs or if you're wearing an outfit like that they automatically assume that you're trying to look "cute" or "sexy" or even that you're trying to show off your body or some shit. People fail to realize that some people dress nicely solely for themselves. I wouldn't worry about it, you said that you usually dress classy, so why should people care so much about this outfit. :))

• Carry a pepper spray.