Do you like wearing beanies? Do you like how they look on others?

It's finally getting cold enough here to warrant jeans and light jackets, and I wanna get a nice beanie to wear.

Do you guys like wearing them? Do you like how they look on the sex (es) that you're attracted to?

What are some good beanie makers that you might recommend?

Neff seems to be pretty popular and I think that they're reasonable in terms of price ($15-$18). Thinking about one of these green/black ones:

ecx.images-amazon.com/.../91yDMOvbodL._UY700_.jpg

Or maybe grey?

ecx.images-amazon.com/.../81WGmjlAD0L._UY700_.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• My avi says yes!
    I love wearing them and yes some guys can look fine with them on lol
    Both are great choices! I'd pick grey just because.

What Girls Said 27

• yeah i like beanies, i think theyre cute. for some reason they dont suit everyone tho. i think it depends on face shape or something.

• Yeah I agree, I think they generally look good. They make the person seem more approachable too for some reason.

• It looks good on some guys, especially if they have a bit longer hair and you can see some of it underneath. I also think you need a really masculine face to pull one of and be dresses very clean in general otherwise they look a little too much hipster like and that's not a look I prefer on men.

How it looks good
    cdn5.lookastic.com/.../...-pea-coat-large-1159.jpg
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...anie-scarf-coat-beard.jpg

• No, unfortunately I'm not the beanie type. I dont like wearing beanies. I don't mind it on guys but it's just not for me. I'm more into these sort of hats..

Fedora
    i00.i.aliimg.com/.../...nter-woolen-female-hat.jpg

summer hats
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...Summer-Hat-Trend-2012.jpg

• You guys are in summer there, right? It must be funny to see all beanie talk. :-)

• Yerp in summer here, but it's been raining for the past couple of days so I don't know what to say about that. Nah not at all, we sometimes get the 4 seasons in the one day.. So no biggy lol 🙈

• I like beanies. I like them because they rescue me in winter time. Both of them really would look good on you.
    I say grey one. It will suit you perfect.

• I agree, they are great because then I can trap heat on my head and still get away with sandals every once in a while. ;-)

You are the sweetest. :-) I think I will try the grey color, yeah. I hope I am well-suited for it! :-)

• i dont like beanie, not suitable for me.
    i wore one before:http://i.imgur.com/X5PbrJL.png

• it looks good on others though :)

• i think u wld look good with beanie

• Yeah I saw it too when you write, but I refreshed the page and it was gone. Try it and see to make sure. :-)

And thank you kangy, that is sweet. :-)

• I wear beanies all the time. I love them!

• I hate wearing beanies, they do not suit me at all, however I like them on guys :) and the grey one is better!

• Yeah I think so too now that I see the color of the green one blown up a bit. Grey would pair with a lot more too, probably. Thanks for your opinion! :-)

• No problem :)

• I love knitted hats. I have so many. I pair them with scarves!
    I like the green one a slightly bit more! But that's just me.

• Sure, why not. When it's really cold, no one is supposed to freeze their ears off. I just saw a guy with a beanie today and it all looked good.

• It suits some people not all

• I love wearing beanies and I love when a guy can pull off a beanie 😍

• I actually find beanies on guys quite hot!

• Some of us were born to wear hats, others were not. I personally love hats of all shapes and sizes - the beanie is perfect f

• Yeah, you know I never really knew that this was a thing until pretty recently. People have told me that hats and stuff suited me, so I guess I should feel lucky.

Do you generally like the way they look on men, or prefer a certain type? Or is it one of those things, if you're a hat person then you're golden, and if not then avoid all of them at all costs? Just curious. :-)

• I gotta look up Christmas hats; I've never heard of those!

Errr wait, maybe you mean like the Santa Claus hat thingymabob? In which case yes, no Christmas hats! LOL

• Yeah - I'm talking red hats with white fake snow - no no no!

I did manage to swap a drunk guy a beer for his evil santa hat once though, black with snow, being a miserable bitch it was perfect for me!

• Most people look okay in beanies, even me. I just don't like wearing them. I prefer earmuffs, hats with ear flaps, or hats that I made myself. I find they're all much warmer. I live in the Great White North after all :D

• They do the job lol ^.^
    They look super cute on some people, and just mehhh on others.

• Hahaha mehhh. More confirmation that there are people who can pull them off, and others who can not. Thank you for your opinion. :-)

• In my opinion you def look like you could pull one off!

• Thank you, I appreciate it. :-) And thanks again for answering! :-)

• Honestly I don't like beanies

When I was in middle school I would exclusively only wear beanies and I had the worst helmet hair. Plus I was constantly readjusting it alllll the time. I don't know man I just don't like em
    On other people it can be cute

• The grey neff one is dope! Like that one better than the black.

Beanies look nice on anyone! And they are super comfy and keep the head warm and I personally like the cheap forever 21 ones that have some fun word on it like "twerk it" "gangsta" "boss" hahaha just makes people's day with those and also the obey, vanz, and neff ones. (:

• I love beanies, I have a green one and just got this grey beanie :-)
    tinypic.com/usermedia.php
    So green one will complement your eyes and grey one is more versatile I'd go with grey beanie

• Way cool! Someone else commented that the ball top ones seem to work better on girls, and I would tend to agree. I think you're right about the grey too.

Thank you!

• No problems

• I had a beanie avi once, I took the beanie from an ex bf >:). I love wearing them and I think they look good on guys especially.

• Hahaha well at least you didn't leave the relationship empty-handed. :-) And thanks for sharing. :-)

• i like beanies and i like the way they look on others. the green one looks nice. however, 15-18$ is way too much money in my opinion for a hat.

• some people look good in them.
    i rarely don them. i own 2. bought them when i was a teenager.

• I love to wear beanies especially the colorful ones and knitted ones. I like when people know how to wear them, not everyone can pull it off.

• Yes!! With this Cold weather :) I use them often.

• I just made my own because I could never find one that I liked. But I love guys in slouchy beanies for some reason. I like the grey one the best.

• Haha I shudder to think what mine would look like were I to knit one. LOL. That's awesome though that you made your own. You could totally sell some on Etsy and wear yours around as like free advertisement.

Thanks for answering!

• I've been debating if I want to sell some. I have this phobia that people won't like what I made even tho friends tell me that they're good. Lol.

• I love beanies in casual outfit and I'm planning to buy one too.

• I think they look adorable in darker shades

• Beanies hide bad hair days. They also create them. So basically bad hair days are my beanie days lol

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I never thought of it like that. It's a cause and a solution. LOL

Do you generally like the way the look on men (or other women)?

• Lol I know right? :')
      Yeah they look good. Depending on the colour and such I think anyone can look good in a beanie.

• Way cool, thanks again. :-)

What Guys Said 21

• I own a couple of the Neff beanies. They're meant for style, and I would agree that they look quite stylish if they are worn with a slouch in the back. Just don't wear them skiing because they aren't very durable. I own the gray one, and it looks great by the way

• I really appreciate you saying that because I want to get a well-made one first, and worry about looks second. Thank you for that!

• Yeah, it would get destroyed in the outdoors. Think of it as an outfit accessory. Glad I could help

• They were called stocking caps at one time. We don't really wear them in Miami Its a warm city and It might get cold one week out of the year where you really need to bundle up

• Yeah, Orange County is not quite Miami but we also have a very different definition of "beanie weather" here compared to the rest of the U. S. It drops below 65F here and people whip out their heavy jackets. LOL

• Wow man if it gets into to the 30's in Miami we call that one cold day where we really bundle up lol. One year though I took my Shirt off to see how it felt and It wasn't to bad.

• I don't like then on me, but a girl with a beanie is like the cutest thing ever.

• Hate wearing them. A baseball cap I can pull off pretty well but a beanie makes me look like a date rapist.

• Uh I used to not be a compatible beanie product lol, but now that my hairs shorter and my glasses aren't in the way, i ve been thinking about them too. But it kind of goes against wearing a peacoat.

• Hahaha compatible beanie product.

• I eat a LOT of vegan food. I'd wager that about 95% of my calories come from plant-based foods. But I do eat organic 100% grass-fed beef, free range organic chicken, Bison (also naturally grass-fed, antibiotic free and free-floating per USFDA regulations), and organic eggs. Oh, and organic raw honey.

I do care a lot about my food though, and in general I think people eat way too many unhealthy animal products. I also think that organic fair trade coffee is God's work at its finest. LOL

• *free-roaming Bison (free-floating LOL)

• BEANIES 4 LYFE

• I love wearing beanies, they're super comfortable. And (at least for girls) they aren't that hard to pull off, and they give a cute look.

• Yeah I agree about comfort for sure. I wear fitted baseball caps sometimes and depending on how hot and humid it is those can get really tight and give me a headache. Beanies, on the other hand, not an issue.

• I don't consider whether they look good or not. It's fucking cold here in winter.

Wool > other materials.

• Yeah, you're in Canada correct?

When it's that cold it's ALL about function over form, I'd imagine.

Will look into wool, thanks man.

• The sort of hats you posted are basically the -least- obtrusive hats that provide warmth. People do wear other types of hats, but anything else is making MORE of a statement, and is more something you'd need to pull off. When its close to freezing or below, a dark hat of that type is simply a basic. It's like asking 'can I pull off this black umbrella'. When it's raining, yes.

At some point I considered getting a flat cap, which I don't mind on other people but never like on me. But basically, if its warm enough to not need ear coverage, i don't wear a hat, and if i need ear coverage, the cap doesn't cut it.

• I know what ya mean about the flat caps. I think they look cool on other dudes (and some women, actually) but I tried one once on me, and it wasn't a rousing success. I thought I looked like a cabbie when I wore it. Maybe I'll give one another go one day, though.

• My picture says it all, I love beanies.

• Toques like that are okay, but I prefer the kind with ear flaps and long tassles (especially on girls).
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../41o-8v2FQKL._SS300_.jpg
    cdn.bucklecontent.com/.../...56577569832703563.jpg

• I wear them when the weather asks for them. They feel comfortable, covers the ears to keep them warm, all good. I'm fine with all kinds of colors depending on the rest of my clothes.

• Just seeing your avi makes me feel cold and wanna throw one on. Haha.

• Yeah I wear them, but usually I might wear a fitted or this:

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AR58o3x8L.jpg

Of course you gotta be wavy and have the bill in the back LOL. Just like I do all my hats with bills on them.

• Some girls look good in them. I doubt they would in the ones with bills on them though.

• No I was saying when it's cold I either wear a hat like in the picture or just wear a regular fitted hat/snapback.

Yeah I agree that the best kind for females to look the best in my opinion are the baggier ones, and maybe even with the ball on the top. Like this:

oyster.ignimgs.com/.../DSC_6423_resize.jpg

• Yeah I think the ball-adorned ones can look good on women. :-) And of course anything Batman!

Thanks again. :-)

• Beanies are the only hats I can wear without looking dumb. Hand knitted ones are my favorite.

• yea i got a shit load of hats. and get coal beanies thier the shit look on the house. com they got tons

• I have the same beanies just in different colors, I LOVE them lol. Definitely a good choice

• Beanies are a gift from God to mankind <3

• I like beanies, my family has never liked me wearing them, they prefer me to wear ear mugs.

• Haha yeah it seems like the lower that people wear them on their foreheads (like closer to their eyes) the less people tend to like the look. Maybe it seems more aggressive?

• haha, it will sound silly but they just like my hair and say beanies aren't for me.

• Never heard someone south of Minnesota call it a beanie. Where I'm at its not a choice, it's a necessity.

• Haha, really? That's interesting! Yeah I've always known it as a beanie my entire life, born and raised in California.

• They're toques, eh?

• Never heard of the term stocking caps. Wonder if the whole idea originated from some dude (or woman) throwing a stocking over their heads because they were cold?

• I wear them constantly

• I have many beanies. I like them and wear them a lot.

• some people look cute in them and some dont.. that's why i love Hoodies