Is there a difference between good looking and attractive?

If so, what's the difference? And can you be both?

0|0
4|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Looking good is a made up standard of beauty. Being attractive is an outcome which can be reached through any abstract means which doesn't have to do with my made up standard of beauty. I don't directly know to define attraction but I do know attractive is a very open-ended adjective.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• "Good looking" ( Beauty ) is a physical quality that exists irrespective of one's opinion. Attractiveness is an intangible quality that exists solely based on one's opinion. They are not mutually exclusive.

0|0
    0|0
  • a girl can be good looking but not attractive, how? she is unhappy with her life and looks (even though many people consider her 9 on looks). she talks about depressing stuff.

an average looking girl can be attractive, how? by showing optimism, positivity, humor, seeing positive about other positivity etc. these qualities send a positive vibe to other person, which makes them enjoy time with her.

attraction is all about optimism.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I think music artists would be a good example. Like Drake isn't good looking but some women are still attracted to him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I think there is but I am not too sure. I feel like the word "good-looking" is more objective than the word "attractive". Yet, I am not a native English speaker, so I might be entirely wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good-looking means attractive. So the two go hand-in-hand.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are good looking people who are unattractive to some.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good looking is better to me

0|0
    0|0