What do you think about guys in turtlenecks?

I personally don't like them. My ex use to buy them for me and I always felt so uncomfortable. She was dressing me just like her Ken doll. I even had to wear the flesh colored plastic underwear.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 12

• I guess I'm the odd one out here (or me and "Anonymous" are the odd couple out) because I like them. Of course it depends on the style of it; if it were one of those nasty, cheap synthetic jobs, forget it.

If it's black or another dark color, nicely fitted and of a good quality fabric, it looks really stylish. Especially if the guy has a nice upper-body shape.

Having said that, they don't look good on just anyone.

• But flesh colored plastic underwear are sooo sexy!!!!! lol jk! Hmm guys in turtlenecks....I dunno I'm an ear and neck person and I think that turtlenecks would just get in the way lol. Plus I wear turtlenecks sometimes and I wouldn't want a guy that dresses similar to me. Maybe your ex knew you don't like them but got some kind of satisfaction out of seeing you wear something you didn't like because she bought it for you.

• BINGO! Lol

• Its the whole sexy distinguished thing. Like a hot teacher or librarian.

• Aaah I see lol thank you for sharing that!

• I LOVE TURTLENECKS ON GUYS. I''m not even exaggerating. Mainly plain dark colored ones. It makes men look mysterious, sophisticated, sexy, and unique. Once in the hallway in college, I saw a guy wearing one and I didn't even realize that I stopped walking and just stared for 2 seconds just to appreciate him in a turtleneck. I wish guys wore turtlenecks more often.

• I want to clarify that I need to think a guy is attractive in the first place, or else even dark sweaters won't do it for me. But if you're attractive, a dark sweater will make you 500% more attractive.

• If I see a guy in them I think gay! But then I realize no gay man would ever be caught dead in one. Lol!

• When I see a guy in a turtleneck, I think. Hickie?

• Depends on the guy's personality and body shape and the turtleneck! I would have to see to judge!

• ILL No No Offense I Don't Like It At All It I don't know Just Turns Me Completely Off And I Know I'm Not The Only One...

• Uh I really do NOT like them at all, neither on me, nor on guys. It's just really too much.

• Ugliest thing a human being could ever wear. I dont care how good looking you are, turtlenecks are the worst. Sorry.

• Guys in a turtleneck is a total TURNOFF!

• No. Not mock, not full, not anything. No turtlenecks on guys. It's not the 70's

• I have to disagree with you a bit on that reasoning. Although it clearly is not the 1970's, the styles that were worn then are more popular now than they were 10 years ago. I often drive through the university section and see all kinds of odd looking kids.

• That's not my only reasoning for not liking turtleneck's on men, but I didn't want to get into a long explanation. Personally, I think they don't flatter a man period. I think a man's neck is very masculine and the jawline is too...a turtleneck takes away from that view...I hear you Dean...anyone wears anything that makes them feel good these days and I for one, am all for that....I might be one of those odd looking kids you refer too...yikes!

• I love it!

they look more mature, serious and sophisticated.

and plus its trendy! :)

• Tip of the day, and maybe your lifetime: Trendy does not mean cute! Ever see a bald man in a turtleneck? I have and he looked like an uncircumsised ding a ling! Tell me THAT's mature and sophisticated lol. Whatever floats your boat though lol

What Guys Said 4

• Kinda gay. What am I talking about I just wore one like a few months ago. I don't know dude, in public I felt kind a gay with it on, haven't worn one since. If David Beckham wore one I think he'd pull it off lol but it just doesn't suit guys like us. Moto jackets are wear it's at!

• I love the Mitch Hedberg skit and he says: I hate turtlenecks, it's like a really, really weak guy is trying to strangle me, Why? I'll stick to my v-necks, give the neck some freedom!" Lol, Mitch is awesome.

And if a muscular guy is to wear a turtle neck, and he has really broad shoulders, the he usually gives it a funny look. Don't do that, lol.

And I also think of the scrubs episode where J.D. is ashamed that someone pointed out that he has a slightly larger than normal size adams apple and he gets self conscious, and he wears a turtleneck to cover it - but he is hiding something, that's the point there.

• Are they still around? I haven't seen one in years. Remember the "dickey"; that fake turtleneck thing you wore under a shirt? I really haven't seen that in years! I'll let the girls give you their opinion?

• I remember dickies. Didn't own one though:) How about platform shoes? Did you have a pair of those?

• Actually, I did! (LOL) I seem to remember, vividly, how uncomfortable they were!

• Well I have a few ribbed turtleneck sweater. Its a kind of bourne identity stuff which looks pretty cool. But as far as plain old cotton turtle necks. Id burn them and never look back.