Do you wear thongs? Do the women you know/see wear thongs?

I'm obviously talking about thong underwear here. If you're a guy and wear a thong, that's ok I guess but this question is not for you. Just tell me if most girls you see or come across wear thongs

For whatever reason, it seems that less young women are wearing thongs. When girls wear yoga pants, I can clearly see a panty or boy-shorts line, and not the typical "top of the thong" spot on the top of the yoga pants (if you know what I mean.) When girls bend over or sit down, I always see full-underwear, instead of the visible thong. I even talk to many young women and they tell me they wear regular underwear of boy-shorts, because they're more comfortable. Maybe this is just in the United States? It's certainly changed, I know that. Back when I was in Jr. High and High School, most of the girls I knew wore thongs.

• Yes, I OFTEN wear thongs
  • Yes, but I RARELY wear thongs
  • No, but I USED to wear thongs
  • No, and I NEVER wore thongs
  • I'm a guy (I may or may not wear thongs)
@GirlsLie Once again, you thoroughly answered the question and we had a good discussion. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed more women also saying they don't wear thongs, i'm not sure why because I actually really like thongs/gstrings especially and it's all I wear, they're so comfortable and once you get used to them it feels like you're not wearing anything at all lol

• Yes! Thank you! Why are girls abandoning the thong? It's quite a shame.

• I was just joking lol.

• I know :) lol

What Girls Said 18

• Nope - never will either.

• hahahhaha when i saw the word "thongs" i thought of sandals cause people here in australia call it thongs 😂😂

• No, and I never wore them. I own one but I've only worn it once and I don't think it will ever happen again. It's really umcomfortable. My best friend only wears thongs, she finds them too comfortable. I mean.. each to her own..

• Well you live in Greece too, so the results may be different there.

I'm surprised you say that. For some reason, the girls I know with a big butt say thongs feel comfortable. I don't know why they say that though.

• Yeah I didn't think the size of your butt has anything to do with how comfortable some underwear will feel.

• I have more thongs than any other underwear. I even have thongs specially made for working out. I just really hate underwear lines. But I like sleeping in cheekies. They honestly seen to look better on a naked butt than a thong, in my opinion

• Nice! Do most of the girls you know in Australia wear thongs? This could be a new United States trend with what I'm talking about.

• I'm not too sure to be honest. Most of my friends wear thongs. That's all I can say haha

• Well Australia sounds like they have great lingerie fashion sense!

• Honestly thought wearing them when I first tried one was weird, but after a while it didn't really bother me and felt like nothing was there. So I wear them and just regular bikini party's or cheekies.

• I don't wear anything but a thong, since I was 13 years old, i am 21 years old today, and I have never been wearing anything but thongs.

• Is this common in South Africa?

• Everyone looks at everyone's ass from time to time. I don't try to look at a guy's ass but I occasionally do, just because it's in front of me. I don't believe when people say that.

• dude, i don't look to LOOK. Ill just see the pants ,... im not trying to see if she is wearing a thong

• I wore them once. To my prom. I hate them. Lol they're so uncomfortable.

• I did when I was younger but I don't anymore.

• See, and you're basically the same age as me. I remember back in my Jr. High years and high school years (2003-2009), most of the teenage girls I knew were wearing thongs. I guess they change when they hit adult-hood. In college, I barely met any girls who wore thongs.

• Or maybe girls have realized that pleasing men isn't their only reason for existence lol

• I meant to aren't. they are bad for you to wear.

• Nope, never wear it.

• i wore them everyday in high school

• I wear them on the rare occasion.

• I rarely wear them anymore since being introduced to UTI.

• How do urinary tract infections correlate with thongs? I'm just curious.

• Don't know, but they do. Doctor's prescription

• I've never heard of that one before. However, if the doctor said so, then I would listen to him.

• I wear a thong most of the time, it's more comfy

• Really? Most girls I talk to think it's more uncomfortable.

• I guess it just comes down to personal preference?

• Well it could be due to butt size too. I know thongs are easier to twerk in.

• If you have a big butt and a tiny waste thy come in real handy :)

• I have only tried them once or twice. I can't stand them.

• I wear them only for yoga pants... most girls I know wear them when they dont have their periods, and are wearing tight pants..

• See and you're a teenager. I wonder if these girls you know (assuming they're teenagers) or you will be wearing them in their 20's.

• yeah i don't know, but its not like we are doing it to attract guys, I personally dont like underwear lines.. but who knows several years down the line

• Right, I don't think girls do it to attract girls. I think that's a fantasy young males have lol

• So uncomfortable, Its like a perminate wedgie the entire day, I tried one on once, ill stick to boy shorts

• Even though I've never worn a thong, I fail to see how they are comfortable. When girls tell me they're comfortable, it baffles me.

• i usually dont wear them.

What Guys Said 6

• It seems like girls on GAG here aren't very fond of thongs, but IRL, all of my female friends wear ONLY thongs.

• Wow, what state do you live in? Here in Ohio, I barely meet any girls who wear thongs.

• I'm mind-blown. According to Ohioans, Chicago is a nasty, ghetto area full of crime and gun murders.

• Nah dude, that's more like North St. Louis.

• Never did.

• 0|0
  • I don't find them sexier than cheekies or normal women briefs

• Each to their own I guess. I personally think thongs are the sexiest form of lingerie, since they are the most revealing.

• Not been lucky enough to be with such a woman...

• i have NEVER known a woman who wears thongs.

• Really? What a shame. When I as a teenager, most of the girls I met in Jr. high and high school wore thongs.

• i am not so much open with women.

• It's ok man. Most young adult women under 30 are snobby anyway.