5'4=sexy legs or stumpy legs?

A friend of mine is 5'8 (and proud Lol) she says that women who are 5'4 have gross stumpy legs and they can never have beautiful long legs like her. I don't really believe this but I want to know what other people think. Do women have who are 5'4 have long sexy legs or are they too short and stumpy. Also to clarify I mean women who are 5'4 and of normal weight. I don't mean to offend anyone but if you're on the bigger side, your legs might be a little stumpy looking.

• long and sexy
  • short and stubby

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha. Your friend sounds really petty and shallow - is the only thing she has going for her the fact that her legs are long?

As for your question - it's body type. You can be 5'4 and be mostly legs and have a short torso in which case you can probably pull off the long and sexy leg look.

You can be 5'4 and be mostly torso and then have stumpy legs in which case you probably can't have the long sexy leg look.

I'm 5'4 and am like 55-60% leg and I think that sometimes I can get the long leg look going - if I wear the correct shoes or stand/sit correctly.

Also, fitness plays a role in this. Being thinner, in generally, makes a person (or their extremities) seem longer. Not being as wide creates the illusion of length and can help with the long leg look.

So your friend can just go piss in someone else's yard, thank you very much.

What Guys Said 4

• Long and sexy is peculiar expression for someone under 5'4" but they can be leggy in their own way. Your friend sounds very shallow.

• in my opinion anyone can have hot legs no matter what your size is. it just depends on if you're fit or not.

• I like my women short, it really boils down to what people like.

• Kind of depends on the shape of the person not just the overall height... At 5'4" a woman could have very nice legs. And at 5'8" a women could have disproportionate legs. trendwerks.com/.../...lptmleJhxu1qk14qbo1_1280.jpg

What Girls Said 9

• Well, short women do often have short and stumpy legs actually. They also tend to not carry their weight as well. However that doesn't mean just because it's the case with a lot of short women that it's the same for every short woman. I think there are short women that are very well proportioned and I know some tall women in that have weird proportions too. I'm not a fan of those people who judge a whole group of people based on their experiences with one or two of them.

• I'm 5'2" and I definitely have "stumpy" legs. However, they are also sexy. Long does not always equate to sexy.

• your friend sounds like an insecure bitch XD. are you 5'4" because if she's saying this kind of stuff about people your height to you, thats even more rude

• Well that's rude!! While I do admit that not every girl has long and toned legs, that does not mean that their legs are "gross." Long legs does not always mean beautiful legs, either. Tall people could also have ashy legs as well as average people.
    Although to answer your question, not all 5 ft 4 females have "stumpy" looking legs. There are tons of females who are proportional and have beautiful legs, even if they aren't 5 ft 8 and get long legs by default.

• Wow, your friend sound like an arrogant idiot. Don't pay attention to her. I've seen some short girls (and some of my friends) who look really cute in shorts and they have nice shapely legs.

• Depends on the person and how fit they are

• No offnse, but women who are that short often do have short and stubby legs. I've also noticed that it seems like it's easier for shorter women to appear chubby even when they look lean. There's this one girl who's about 5'3 and she looked skinny until I saw her in a bikini. Her upper torso was iPhone shaped and she still had a bit of pudge despite her flat booty, skinny arms, and misleading petite look.

Shorter women may have to work harder because it's easier for them to look stumpy and chubby.

• My friend is 5'3 and she has a short torso and long skinny legs. I'm 5'1 and my legs aren't really stubby. I'm not built that way, my legs are more toned and slimmer. I wish I was thick though, I know lots of guys that aren't thicker thighs...

• Legs are proportional to the body. It sounds like your friend needs to calm down and realize all body types are perfectly fine the way they are.