Girls, Am I the only girl who feels MORE self conscious when wearing make-up?

I don't know how to explain this but I just hate having tons of makeup on, for one I feel like everyone can tell I have it on and that bothers me, secondly I feel like if I meet a guy and he is attracted to me with makeup, he won't like me without it. Am I the only one who hates the feeling of makeup?
And I don't think I could EVER fuck with my eyebrows, I would absolutely hate it.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, thank GOD it's not just me. If I've got something on my lips, I'm constantly worrying about smearing it, or if I'm covering up anything on my skin, it feels like I'm drawing attention to it. And I like wearing eye makeup on occasion, but I'm constantly freaking out about accidentally giving myself coon-face. And it feels like I'm wearing a mask and don't look like myself and anyone who knows me is watching and judging and anyone who doesn't is sizing me up.

What Girls Said 14

• No way no! I am the same way. I feel you.
    Especially if it covers your true beauty, I would definitely feel MORE confident with little to no makeup on.

Really it depends on the person. If she feels more confident with it, to each their own.

Because in the end, whatever makes you feel you, makes you feel naturally comfortable and most importantly confident, then it will not only show but it will shine through. :)

• I understand you completely. I hate wearing a lot too (preferably foundation and powder). My skin isn't perfect, and it's an insecurity of mine. As long as I am wearing it to cover up my skin completly, I feel as though I am hiding behind it. That's why I understand you.

• Nope - I'm the same way! I don't feel comfortable wearing a lot of make up, and even when I am just wearing mascara and some eye shadow, I am always worried it's smudged or something. I am much more comfortable going au natural.

• OMG YES!!! I hate wearing make-up because I feel so much uglier with it on.

• I feel somewhat insecure when I put make on because I feel as if I am deceiving others.

But I like putting it on others of they ask me to.

And I also don't like the feel of foundation on my skin.

• Its because you care more about your looks after putting on make up.

• It's because you don't know how to put on makeup...

Learn and then you won't feel this way.

And don't put 'tones' of makeup on - I don't see how anyone would feel good with that on their face.

• Actually, I'm not retarded and I know how to put on makeup very well xD I also dob't put on "tones" as you call it.

• I was just refering to what you wrote - you said: "I don't know how to explain this but I just hate having tons of makeup on, for one I feel like everyone can tell I have it on..."

So... calm down.
      No one called you retarded. That's offensive to people who actually are mentally of lower capacity.

• That had absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. And seriously? You want to go there? people of "lower mental capacity" aren't reading this, so what does it matter?

• I'm kinda that way too. I rarely ever use makeup. Even when I do, it's only a little. I just don't feel that comfortable having stuff all over my face.

• I don't think you are alone. I don't feel crazy self conscious like it sounds like you do, but I definitely feel best when I'm wearing no makeup at all.

• Don't wear makeup. I personally feel 'cute' without makeup and 'pretty' with makeup. Some days i look like absolute shit without makeup so it just depends. I would suggest just concealing blemishes, and wearing some mascara and some powder. U can still see your face but it looks natural.

• No.. Actually when I wear make up I keep thinking , 'what did I do wrong this time?'
    Because why else would people stare at me with such a 'weird look'?

• I love wearing makeup up but I only wear it occasionally. When I do wear it. It always makes me feel like I look like a clown cause I'm not used to it.

• I've only worn makeup on a few occassions and it was bloody annoying on my face.

• Don't ever feel pressured to follow something just because it's the norm, if you feel comfortable without it then don't wear it! I'm sure no one else is worried over it and you're stressing yourself out over nothing