Do guys really care/notice how girls dress?

Do guys really care/notice how girls dress? I mean do you guys judge a girl by her shoes? Me and a co-worker got into a discussion at work about our shoes. I have sensitive feet and in an insole so I usually just wear my work shoes out everywhere. Is this OK with jeans and a hoodie? My steel toes are ripped a little and you can see the steel plate but they still work. What does that say about me. Of course when I go out on a date or something I put on a pair of Clarks or something that are nicer than my steel toes. I didn’t think guys really pay attention to girls shoes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most men will feign interest in a womans appearance to appear vaguely human, however, all of them are only interested in whether or not her reproductive organs are intact. Being as I'm not so wickedly disposed myself, I feel it's my duty to reveal this hideous truth in an effort to protect the unaware and thus vulnerable among us. I'll be ostracized and perhaps even mamed or killed for what will surely be seen as a betrayal of my own kind, but I see this as a necessary risk.

What Guys Said 13

• Damn sure men take notice lady!

Walking around in worn-out factory wear is better left where intended; the factory (get new ones by the way).

Wear it outside the gate: Low class, and screams "I don't care about me" Now why would any guy spend a single minute on someone that does not care?

• Women dress for other women. Most men think your cloths look best on the floor.

• No. Most guys don't notice how girls dress. What they do notice is the overall effect. They are not into the finer details. The only time they are really interested is when they get to your underwear. Then they will pay it considerable attention. Depending how far your relationship has gone, I'd say make sure your undies look good.

Why not paint the steel on your steel toes? Bright shiny steel will draw attention to itself but if it's painted a matching colour there's a good chance no one will notice.

• I do tend to appreciate a girl who is a good dresser, including her choice of footwear.

Although, the shoes you would wear to a day at an amusement park aren't the same as the shoes you would wear to dinner at a nice restaurant.

Then again, if you're just starting out in the workforce and haven't had a chance to save up enough money to buy the high-end clothes/shoes that you really like, it's only fair that your guy should take that into consideration and not hold it against you. ;-)

• Yeah.. they matter. I mean, steel toes? If that's the kind of girl you are, that's fine, but if you are wearing it thinking that guys don't notice, you are mistaken.

Personally, I love the return of spring... open toed sandals, flip flops, and all of those glorious little painted toes... ;)

• You'd be surprised how analytical we can be when it comes to girls and how they dress. For the most part, we notice just about everything. It's only when we become too comfortable with you that we tend to stop noticing everything.

• Generally, I do notice how girls dress except for the shoes. Most of the time, the clothing a girl is wearing doesn't really matter, except if it's either really awful or not leaving anything to the imagination. Shoes, however, need to be durable and practical so you can walk around in them. A girl who is wearing tennis shoes is fine by me, because it certainly beats hearing the girl in high heels complain about how much her feet hurt every five seconds.

• I'm with you on this.

• I agree with you on this. I stray away from my heels on dates unless I know I will be able to sit down quite a bit. But now I have a sexy new pair of boots that are perfect for dates because they are easy to stand in for hours.

• lol, good questions. it depends on the guy I think. if you want a guy with an education, you want him to care what you wear.

for example, it wouldn't matter to me how good lookin a girl would be, if she was wearing sweat pants and a hoodie (unless she was exercising, then I can understand) or pajamas! UGH PJ's are the worst...but anyway

all I care about, is if a girl has a sense of style. as long as she dresses well, she has my attention.

• I notice most things, but tend not to care about shoes.

• I notice and I care. If I girl I like are hitting it off at school and I notice she starts wearing something nicer or out of the ordinary, I'll take that as a sign that she likes me. I'll shave and clean up nice too for the next couple of days.

• I couldn't care less, within limits of course.

• Yep. No slutty attire, no extreme formality. Just look good, and we're happy.

• Alot of girls like to wear designer fashion stuff. Most men don't care about designer fashion. Men like fashionable girls though, just "normal" fashion if you know what I mean. Also, obviousely men like girls who dress sexily.

• No.

What Girls Said 0