Guys do you like girls with short hair?

Guys do you like girls with short hair?

Or is it a turnoff? For example this short

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't consider the girls in these two photos to have short hair... at least not the second one. In my opinion, there are some girls who look absolutely stunning with short hair. However, you need to have a certain type of face to make it fit. Most girls look much better with long or half-long hair but if you've got the face for short hair, it can look beautiful and very sexy. One girl with short hair that I've used to have a crush on during my teens is the actress Juliette Lewis in the movie "What's eating Gilbert Grape?"
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...ating+Gilbert+Grape+4.jpg
    Also, for some reason, many African girls look particularly pretty with short hair or even with almost no hair at all (something I wouldn't find pretty in white girls):
    www.short-haircut.com/.../...ery-short-haircut.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly, I don't think most do. I think it is such a cute hairstyle, but guys like it longer. When my hair was shoulder length, I actually really liked it. It wasn't super short, but it was a really cute hairstyle to me. Mine's down to my back now, but it's still not as long as I want it to be yet, but I'm enjoying the journey, haha. Guys liked me just fine though when my hair was shorter.

What Guys Said 75

• On a woman, longer is virtually always better. It doesn't mean I can't like a woman with short hair, but I'd like the same woman MORE with longer hair.

• You have asked this question to the right guy. Well most of the guys will not like short hair on women and I am sure that's the answer you'll get here.

However I am not one of them, my thinking is totally opposite. Read this link and my reply to that:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1804062-which-hairstyle-is-the-cutest-on-girls

I'll also give you a detailed reply right here:

Okay, I'll be very honest with you here. I am actually biased as far as hairstyles on women are concerned, meaning biased in a good way, again it's hard to explain. Please don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that I judge women based on their hairstyles, but the thing one of two types of hairstyles on women appeal to me, only they seem to suit on women, and I tend to find only those women attractive.

It's been like that for me always, I just seem to have an aversion towards (total) women who have long hair. I know you might think of it as strange, but my thinking is not like other men, who normally have a liking towards LONG HAIR on women, but not me.

I am exactly the opposite, my definition of appeal and attraction are totally different. I only love short hair on women, short, very short, BOY CUT hairstyle, PIXIE cut hairstyles on women. That's how it has been for me. They instantly appeal to my eyes and mind.

Now that is only one link but whenever any one asks me questions like that about hairstyle on women, I will always choose the option of short hair, boy cut hairstyle "ONLY".

Please don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against women, I am not judgmental towards women with long hair, I am not a judgmental person as such. It's just that I have an aversion (total) towards the long hair that women keep. I know and many times I also feel guilty many times for thinking like that, but that's how I am. That's the truth

I accept that I have a soft corner for women with SHORT/PIXIE/BOY CUT hairstyles.

It has always been like that, that is my core thinking, and that's how it will be always. I am not going to apologize for this thinking, never!!. As I said before my thinking is not like other men, unlike many other men I only like to see women who have SHORT/BOY CUT/PIXIE CUT hairstyles only. "ONLY" is the keyword here.

If you didn't understand anything, please ask me but please don't assume anything okay.

• Hence from my above explanation you can see that I am a rarity as far as this thinking is concerned, you will not come across many men who will "ONLY" find short hair attractive on women, I mean they are there but are rare to find such a man who thinks like me as far as hairstyle on women are concerned.

Hence my answer in short is "YES" I find short hair, BOY CUT hair on women totally appealing and attractive, I'll give you one example:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bd425e70a3.jpg

• In these pictures, the short hair is cute. What turns a guy off is when the hair is so short that it could be a guy's hair. Guys automatically think "dike."

• I find long hair more attractive 9/10 times because on hair is more feminine. The same would apply if a black man had a perm and wore his hair down or a white person with a hair clip or ponytail (feminine hairstyle).
    For example the left look WAYYY better than the right because it is more feminine.
    www.returnofkings.com/.../...awrencecomparison.jpg

• If it works for your face/body type and style, then I like it.

I've had crushes on girls with short hair. I've had crushes on women with shoulder length (and longer) hair.

• I always prefer long hair. but I do sympathize, esp in the summer, because I know it cam be really hot. but i also get really turned on by pony tails, and any kind of bows or ties in the hair. so that is a win win for me. Feminine is hot.

• short hair, is very sexy. i actually enjoy this short look more then any other type. but i like them all i guess. except shaved. shaved weirds me out sometimes.

• I think short hair can look really, really great on girls. But I don't care for the two styles you've shown here. I think pixie cuts look great and short bobs.

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

It really depends on the girl. Some look better with short hair whilst some girls look better with long hair. I really don't overall prefer one over the other.

• It can work! Not my preference but it depends I suppose, and it wouldn't be a factor in whether I would date her or not.

• It's a turn off ya, i love long feminine hair!

• I will be honest and tell you that very few women can pull it off, and I prefer long hair.

It takes a certain head shape to pull it off.

For me personally, Kaley Cuoco and Emma Watson did themselves no favours by cutting their hair short. Emma has such strong features, for me it made her look boyish, and Kaley, her face needed the "framing" of hair.

That said, the girl in the second photo above, I really like that - I don't even consider that short. The first pic, while it's not that short, I don't think it suits the girl.

• It can look good, but I don't like this two style at all. If it's too short, then it looks awkward though.

• Interesting most guys would prefer long hair (myself included) than short hair. I think most girls prefer short hair on dudes than long hair too. Some people pull different looks very well though, so if you think you can pull it off you can try it. Otherwise, stick with the long length hair.

• I don't really like the first picture, but the second is alright. I wouldn't class that as short, in my mind a pixie cut is short.

• Not really I like long hair

• I'll just say that long hair is more of a turn on than short hair.

• I prefer long hair, but it doesn't mean that short hair looks bad. depends on the girl and the hair style.

• I kinda like the "wind blown" look of the first style... but I much prefer it be long... as poss... down below her shoulders is a BIG PLUS. I can handle short... but would encourage her to grow it out... and will even volunteer to help care for it... by washing it and brushing it for her.

• I almost always prefer long hair. Some girls suit short hair but most don't. There are also many short hairstyles for girls I hate and almost every old women I ever see has short hair (I know why but still) amd I hate it on them.

• some ladys can pull it off having short hair some can not. in my opionion there ladys pulled it off and i like there hair style choises.

• Mostly prefer long hair but occasionally a woman can pull off short hair and look super cute like that A cut

• For those thin not-round faces, short hair is fine.

• I am not sure if it is a turn off or not, but I do not like girls with short hair.

• Both those examples are beautiful so it depends how that hair cut looks on the girl so I like those two... So no it's not a turn off.. :-)

But longer hair is always better...

• Massive turnoff for me. Probably the biggest deterrent

• It can look good on some gals but overall I like long hair more.

• I don't like the hairstyle in the first pic but short hair can be beautiful too.

• My favorite hair style, they melt my hearth.
    What can i say... i like that appearance on girls.
    Somewhere between shoulders and no hair : p

• Personally I find it to be a turn on. The neck is an erogenous zone and being able to walk by and lightly stroke the neck can be a sexy feeling for both. In bed it can be super hot during certain sex acts. But picking a woman for the length of her hair is as shallow as picking one for the size of her breasts.

• More from Guys
    45

What Girls Said 13

• My husband could drill straight through drywall with his erection, if I cut my hair short like that first pic again.

• That second girl is a total cutiepie.

• No I think it looks nice.

• I think it depends on the guy and most guys say they prefer long hair but really if you look bomb with short hair I don't think they actually care about their own statement 😅

• Long hair will always be seen as more feminine and in turn more attractive, but if you have sex appeal you win the war regardless of hairstyle.

• From someone who thinks short hair can be really beautiful, these hairstyles are kinda ugly... I'm sure for guys who like short hair the style is what's really important, not the fact it's short. A lot of guys do really like long hair.

• some girls can rock that better than girls with long hair. really depends on her face and the style.

• Most guys prefer a girl with longer rather than shorter hair as it's seen a sign of femininity. A girl with really nice facial bone structure can pull off really short hair well.

What hair length works well also depends on hair texture and face shape. I notice the only girls who look good with long hair are the ones with naturally straight hair. Given the type of hair I have, I prefer short to medium length hair going no past the shoulder blade.

• Those two girls look sexy and cool. I think the one the guys are pretty much complaining about is the pixie cut, nothing soft and flowy about it. These short haircuts are feminine.

• I think most guys prefer longer hair. I don't consider that hair in the photos to be all that short. I think real short hair is the hair I have in my photo. And I know men hate my hairstyle lol

• it depends on the girl. it can really look sassy, punk and cute ^^
    I wish I could pull it off but meh...

• It's cute!

• Nothing wrong with that haircut lol