What do guys have against lipstick?

I love lipstick! I think it looks really cool. I have dark hair and olive skin so I like to wear ruby coloured lipstick. It's a really gorgeous colour.
But I always hear guys on gag and stuff saying they hate it, why?
And I'm asking why you hate it VISUALLY, no answers like "it goes on my skin, clothes, etc" just the look of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Visually I don't like the look of a woman who basically has a painted face. Sharply contrasting colors on a woman's face do not look attractive to me. To each their own, no need to criticize it like it doesn't make any sense. It does make sense, woman aren't born with makeup it's a social thing. I guess my level of attraction is a little more primal than other guys. I like a woman with long let-down hair, minimal or no makeup.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 23

• I'd prefer none at all, the look is ok when its applied moderately... but some people some people cake it on lie clowns...

• I personally LOVE the look of lipstick on women, but then again I have a fetish for women in colorful makeup as it is. :-P

• Really? That's quite cool actually. I'm fed up of some men hating on makeup all the time, I don't wear it everyday, but when I do it makes me feel good and expresses how I'm feeling and compliments my outfit.

• ... and I appreciate that facial art form that you ladies do. I have definitely been known to compliment a woman on her makeup (hopefully without coming off as gay lol). :-P

• Pink lipstick does amazing wonderful things to me

• If a girl wears the right lipstick it looks cool, but the only lipstick I would like girls to wear every time is clear bright lipstick, because it is the only one that doesn't hide lips natural beauty. But if a girl likes wearing any other lipstick up to twice a week, it's ok for me.

• If it looks good, I don't have any problems and love lipstick. I do think some girls wear colors that don't look good on them.

• It's okay if it's not glossy, and it's an understated shade that isn't too garish.

• I like lipstick... I think it looks great and compliments.
    The guys on GaG can have their opinions, but who really cares. Don't take their one sided criticism as the way all men think.

• Huh stop hanging around homosexuals and you might get hit on more often
    When we see gals wearing make up and stuff we assume they want to get hit on so keep doing that

• What have homosexuals got to do with it? And when did I say I want to get hit on?
      I'm simply wondering, how can I think some lipsticks look so good, but then a lot of guys really dislike it?

• I don't know I just don't like the way it looks, I prefer a girl wears lip gloss or just leaves them bare.

• then i cannt answer because you said you didn't want to hear the reason

• I like it TBH , I mean there is nothing wrong init. It makes a lady look sexier. But some guys are on natural beauty's side

• I dont hate the look of it i hate when it gets on me lol not even trying to troll thats just my answer

• There is a Maybelline lipstick line that comes with a small clear liquid that you put over the lipstick colour and it stops the lipstick from staining anything at all. It's amazing!
      So it's safe to say there are lipsticks that are both visually AND physically pleasing.

• Nah it's fine

• yeah its your job to wear.. and its our job to taste...
    but the taste of it is not good thats why guys hate it.. ;)

• Nothing wrong with it. Some girls really over do it on the lipstick. Most of the time natural color is better though.

• Only foolish guys that has no life are against lipstick.

• just say red why do you have to use fancy names...

• No, because I don't wear *bright* red, or *orangey* red, or *purpley* red, I ONLY wear a dark ruby shade of red. The others I dislike the colour of and they don't suit my colouring.
      Anyway, you didn't actually answer my question?

• theyre nice just not the really bright ones

• Lol asker, he's a dude. ANY SHADE OF RED IS RED 😂
      http://en.gagsar.com/uploads/53911162db.jpg

• Not everyone lol. I don't hate lipstick!

• some just like the natural color.

• nothing baby ;)

• You have not heard me say it here on GAG - because I have nothing against lipsticks; I love red lipsticks because it subconsciously remind me of vagina

• i hate lipstick, makeup, anything artificial. its gross. plain gross.

What Girls Said 6

• Fuck those guys! You can do better!

• Because it looks unnatural. If like those insta-hoes they are double tapping are natural beauties.

Also I have met many who love lipstick on a women, including my boyfriend.

• complainers will complain, lipstick adds color and life to the face

• I don't like lipstick as well

• Maybe the ones that dislike and make a fuss just want something to complain about. That or they don't understand. Maybe a combination of both. Some lipsticks have like Vitamin E and sunblock stuff that helps nourish and protect lips so I don't see why you wouldn't like it. Ok, maybe they don't like to kiss a girl and get the lipstick all over themselves is a reason. :P

• People simply love complaining. If you love lipstick, keep wearing it.